Rebel Yell

Dada!

*Scars POV*

Today the day I tell the police everything. To tell you the truth I’m terrified but Ash said he’ll be there with me holding my hand. Just then the door swung open revealing four dark figures I lay there wide eyed panic setting through my body. It’s my brothers. It’s got to be. The tallest walks in revealing Andy I sigh heavily in relief. “I thought you left for L.A.” I state looking over at them as the rest walk in. “We we’re till Ash walked off saying he’s not leaving without you.” Jake says rolling his eyes before slugging into a seat. “I was going to sit there!” CC exclaims throwing his hands in the air. “It quite simple CC.” Jinxx speaks softly while perching on Jakes lap making us all giggle. “Ow,” I groan clutching my ribs while the boys just looked at me funny “I’ve broken my ribs.” I explain. “Hurts like hell huh?” Andy speaks up standing beside me. “Yep.” I reply quickly.

“Mummy, I’m hungry.” A little voice I recognize as Aurélie whines from the other side of the hospital room still curled up with a sleeping Ashley. “Mummy?” the boys all repeat looking like deer in headlights. “It’s a long story, one Ash can tell you.” I mumble looking away back over to Aurélie who was poking Ashley’s cheeks making me groan sleepily. “Ash, I’m hungry.” She whines poking him as he tries to cover his face with his hands. “One minute Aurélie.” He moans begging her to stop. A few minutes later Ash slowly sits up looking dazed obviously still coming round from his sleep. “Food, food, food” Aurélie bounces in her seat. “What about batman?” Ashley asks her while smiling over at Andy. “Batman rules, he’s amazing and..” she babbles on grinning widely. Andy just stands there gawping before running over and picking her up “You love batman?” he squeals. She nods widely playing with his batman wrist band. “I’m stealing your child sorry Scar.” He declares making us all laugh. “Can we get some fooood!?” she whines lying in Andy’s arms “Anything for my little batgirl.” Andy grins before whisking her out the room the boys following. Ashley comes over kissing me gently on the cheek “Be back in a bit, you’ll be okay yeah?” Ashley asks with a worried expression on his face. “I’ll be fine, go make sure Andy doesn’t steal Aurélie.” I smile making Ashley chuckle “Will do, Scar.”

*Ashley’s POV*

The boys and I were walking along trying to find somewhere to eat. Andy had Aurélie on his shoulder though she looked scared out of her wits. “Andy, put her down,” I tell him sternly “She doesn’t like it all the way up there, do you Aurélie?” I ask her softly. “No.” she mumbles shaking her head while clinging on to the top of Andy’s head. “Come here.” I say lifting her up from behind Andy I turn her round and hold on to her. “Better?” I smile at her as she looks up at me blinking her little sapphire eyes that were sparkling in the sunlight. She nods gently as we walk on before finding somewhere that serves breakfast. We’re waiting for our breakfast to arrive the rest of the boys had a fry up while me and Aurélie have pancakes. “Pancake buddies?” She asks with a cute expression on her face beside me. I chuckle at her “Of course.” I reply leaning back in my chair wrapping my arms around her. “How old are you little one?” CC questions her. “Four, I’m a big girl.” She declares clearly annoyed at CC calling her little which made me chuckle. She’s a stubborn little thing like her mum. Just then our food arrived the boys were eating Aurélie is struggling to cut up her pancakes as she furiously tries a cuts them. “Do you want some help?” I chuckle putting down my own cutlery. “No.” she exclaims almost giving me a look that could knock someone’s head off. I let her carry on trying before she threw down her cutlery in a huff. I pull her plate over cutting it up into smaller piece for her then passing it back. “You’ll get the hang of it,” I reassure her “I’ll make sure you do.” She smiles widely at that she continues with her food babbling on about batman to Andy.

A while later I was on my way back to the hospital the boys agreed to babysitting Aurélie while Scar and I talk to the police. I walk down the corridor to Scar’s room to see the police already inside. Fuck, I promised her. I walk in to see Scar sitting on the bed breathing heavily practically hyperventilating as tears stream down her face. I rush over to her holding her to me “Scar, I’m here calm down.” I hush her as she whimpers into my chest. “And you are?” A female officer asks raising her eyes brows at me as if to say “What the hell are you doing here?” “Her boyfriend.” I state coldly glaring at them. Couldn’t they tell she was upset? Back off for fuck sake. “Is that all Scarlett?” the women snaps at Scar sending me over the edge fury building inside me. “Don’t you dare snap at her, you’re meant to be helping her can’t you tell she’s hurt enough.” I roar at them angrily barely controlling myself if Scar wasn’t in my arms at that very moment I would have quite happily punched her though I don’t agree with hitting anyone. “You have everything.” Scar cries into my chest. “We’ll be in touch.” The police woman replies annoyed before leaving me and Scar in peace. She’s still snuggled into me. “I’m sorry Scar, so sorry…I promised urgh.” I whisper guiltily into her golden hair. “It’s okay Ash.” She sighs looking up at me pecking me on the lips. I lean in for more which makes Scar smile I softly stroke my lips against hers I nibble gently on her bottom lip making her giggle just as the door swung open.

“Mummy!” Aurélie squeals running towards the bed I pick her up off the floor placing her on my lap. “Is Ash my new dada?” she asks looking back at me then back to Scar. Scar just sits there wide eyed at what Aurélie asked in innocence. “Do you want me to be?” I ask Aurélie trying to reassure Scar that I don’t mind. Not at all. “Yes!” she cries flinging her little arms around my neck. “Please mummy.” She begs whining. “If Ash wants to be.” Scar mumbles looking away. I sigh heavily “Scar of course I want to be, our family remember?” I smile at her she smiles weakly back. Something wrong…very wrong. “Dada.” Aurélie whispers cuddling up to me I wrap my arms round her little body while staring at Scar. “What’s wrong Scar?” I mouth to her. She sighs before mouthing back “I feel guilty; you shouldn’t have to play dad to a girl who’s not yours.” “I’m not Scar; I love her like she was ours.” I mouth back to her which she smiled her true smile to. “A family?” she asks still mouthing. I nod gently. Our family.

*Scar’s Mums POV*

I stand there listening into the meeting that was being held only men of the house were allowed in to have their say. “What are we going to do with the little tart?” Rory snarls demanding answers from the rest of the men. “I have an idea.” One of the men chuckles sinisterly.