Rebel Yell

Love Changes Everything

*Ashley’s POV*

Hours passed nurses came and went every hour checking on Scar while asking her questions to see if she remembers anymore “Where’s my dad? Where’s Rory?” she whimpers looking over at me at me for answers. “I don’t know Scar, who’s Rory?” I mumble looking up into her sapphire eyes that were glaring back at me. Who’s Rory? Did he do this to her? Anger suddenly floods back through me. Who could do this to her? “Dada, dada’s called Rory.” Aurélie chirps happily at the end of the bed before returning to the colouring book I brought her from the hospital shop. I remember what Aurélie said earlier that evening He’s a nice boy mummy, not like dada or gramp. Why can’t he be my dada?” What did they do? What did she mean? I sigh heavily resting my head back on the back of the chair watching my two princesses. Scar was watching Aurélie groggily trying not to drift of the sleep. “Go to sleep Scar.” I tell her she nods softly but quickly groans from the pain before drifting off.

“What your name?” Aurélie asks looking from her colouring book curiously. “Ashley, though you can call me Ash.” I smile looking at her. “My mummy has big posters of you though dada doesn’t like them, he thinks your evil but I don’t think so.” She reveals nattering on. “I’m not evil; I’m a big cuddle monster.” I exclaim quietly as Scar’s sleeping running over to pick Aurélie up swinging her round she squeals but calms down when I point to Scar she nods gently understanding “Mummy sleeping.” I bring her over to the big seat settling her down beside me “You should sleep too.” I speak softly tapping her on her little nose. “Should I?” she asks cocking her head to the side making me chuckle. “Yes, you should.” I pull a blanket over her that the nurse had given us and she lies down with her head in my lap. “Sing to me.” She begs yawning a little. I smile at her and start singing done for you.

The best things in life,
Come with a price.
The star that burned so bright,
Faded the fastest.
You'll always feel it's right,
even when you're in the fights.
Welcome home,
Home tonight.
Singing oh oh.
Welcome home tonight.
Oh oh.
Tonight.
Words they don't know how to make amends,
And all they do is push you to the edge.
But it's not wasted,
It's all done for you.
It's all done for you.
Oh oh.
It's all done for you.
Oh oh
It's all done for you.

She falls asleep with a cute little smile upon her face I quickly follow her dreaming of the future, our future.

“Ashley.” A soft voice calls my name in the background. “Mm.” I groan opening my eyes to see Scar sitting up in panting tears streaming down her face. “I remember, I remember everything.” She cries. “What do you remember?” I ask sensitively her whimpers breaking my heart.I gently lift Aurélie’s head off my lap replacing myself with a cushion before tending to Scar’s tears. “Shh,” I whisper sitting on the bed facing her stroking away each tear, kissing them away “Don’t cry, I’m here.” “I remember being forced to marry Rory, the abuse, the cuts, the torment how I was never good enough, skinny enough for him. I’d run to my parents they’d tell me I wasn’t a good wife not trying hard enough it was my fault. They’d only beat me too. I fell pregnant with Aurélie I thought it would stop…but it never did. I stopped eating, the beatings got worse, the emotional abuse got deeper then I met you. You showed me true love Ash, something I’d never had.” She sobs falling apart in my arms. “I never did the cuts Ash, he did he carved everyone into me because that’s what I am, ugly, a whore, worthless, unwanted that’s me Ash!” she shrieks. I just sat there trying to take it all in. How could they do that? How could he do that? My precious Scar. “You’re not anything of those things Scar,” I speak softly wiping away more tears. “You’re the most beautiful thing, you’re certainly not a whore or worthless you’re the most precious thing to me I want you more than anything I’ve wanted in my life, you, me and Aurélie. A family that’s all I want Scar.” I declare reassuring her. It’s all I want. All I ever want. “A family?” she whispers quietly looking straight at me confusion on her face. “Our family.” I confirm making her smile. “I’d like that Ashley, I’d like that a lot.” She mumbles before pecking my lips before she told me what happened when she got home, how she stood up to them for the first time in her life because of me, because of love.
I look over at Aurélie then back at Scar, my Scar. Love changes everything.

*Scar’s POV*

He knows. He knows everything and he still loves me. The police are coming in the morning to take a statement over the assault Ashley made me promise to tell them everything. He’ll be there holding my hand the whole way through he promised. I never would of dreamed of doing this a few years ago not before him. I look over at Ash and Aurélie cuddled up asleep together on the big chair. Everything’s changing not just for me but for Aurélie for the first time in her life she’ll be in a truly living environment with a man who’s I’m sure will cherish her with all his heart. Love’s change’s everything. It really does.

I drift off to sleep that with happy thoughts of the future.