Rebel Yell

Reunited

I sigh heavily slumping against the uncomfortable chair in the police station. Today has been such a blur from waking up to find Aurélie missing, the confrontation and then the police statements which Ash held my hand through. I just wanted my little girl back. I sat anxiously waiting for her to come tottering through the old police station door with her innocent smile on her face. Ash was pacing up and down not helping my nerves “Ash sit down you’re making me anxiety worse.” I tell him staring up at where he stood in front of me finally still. “Sorry, I just want her back with us.” He grumbles sitting himself down on a plastic chair beside me. “I know Ash, so do I.” I state looking over at him he weakly smiles at me. “I ordered your passports.” He declares staring at me. “How?” I ask confused. “I had pictures from when you toured with us in the photo booth etc. Aurélie helped with the information I just figured the rest I guess.” He smiles back. “L.A then huh?” I ask smiling I couldn’t wait for us to be together, a family away from here. “Yeah.” He grins widely excitement in his eyes.

“Mummy, Dada!” A little voice squeals bringing us back to reality. “Aurélie!” We both call out Ash holds out his arms which she runs into he picks up kissing her forehead. “I missed you.” She declares poking his chest. “We miss you too.” I speak softly brushing the hair out her face kissing her little cheek. We stay like that for a few moment a little family cuddle before someone coughs behind us.

I turn round to see who it is. A woman stood there awkwardly with blonde hair tied up into a scruffy bun she looks tired. “Mum.” I mumble gawping at her a woman who never stuck up for me not once. Never spoke out. Just did what she was told. “Scarlett.” She mutters looking over to where Ash is holding Aurélie. “What do you want?” I ask looking at her. “I called the police once I got Aurélie away from there. I’m sorry for everything I was just like you scared, abused but seeing how happy you’ve got now made me realize something Scarlett. That what we had isn’t love, it isn’t a family but I believe that’s what we both want, what we both need. I’m sorry Scarlett.” She almost whispers at the end I just stand there unsure of what to do. “A family away from them?” I look at her stunned, she stood up took a stand. Rebelled against our own family. She nods gently. “I’m hungry.” Aurélie whines behind us making me laugh. “You’re always hungry.” I poke her little tummy. “She’s like Jake, can eat for England,” Ash lowly chuckles “Fancy joining us for dinner?” he asks in the direction of my mum. “I’d love to, if that’s okay.” She looks over at me sheepishly looking for reassurance. “I’d like you to.” I smile.

A short chat filled drive later mostly Ash telling my mum about his band or L.A while Aurélie babbles
about batman. We arrive at an Italian restaurant. “Where’s batman?” Aurélie asks after Andy. Andy’s convinced her that he is indeed batman and she’s his batgirl. “He’s off fighting the Joker.” Ash tells her smiling. She nods before adding “I hope he wins.” The food quickly arrives and we start eating while discussing L.A our future together. Once we finished Ash slides his phone out of his pocket dialling a number I look at his curiously. “What are you doing?” I ask him confused but he just passes the phone to Aurélie. “It’s batman.” He tells her making her face light up in excitement as we all giggle at her. “Batman!” she squeals into the phone. “Did you beat the joker?” she asks smiling away this went on for a while till she passed the phone back to Ash. “Batman say’s I’m a cutie.” She states proudly grinning away before she starts begging Ash for pudding. “Can I have ice cream please?” “No Aurélie.” He sighs shaking his head. “Please dada.” She whines Ash just keeps shaking his head. “Daddy.” She pouts making Ashley grin widely at her calling him that before saying “Go on then, I can’t say no to batgirl can I?” Ashley ordered her a strawberry ice-cream which she ate most of it.

We arrive that night the hotel Me, Ash and Aurélie went in Ash’s room he booked while I was in hospital. My mum checks herself into another. I groan laying on the bed as the pain in my ribs sears through my body. Ash grabs my pain killers from my hospital bag before getting me a glass of squash. “Here.” He speaks softly passing me my meds while he helps me sits up I groan in pain as he does so. I take the meds before slipping into the bathroom to change into some PJ’S Ash had brought for me before getting Aurélie dressed in hers ready for bed.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=68426921

She waddles back out the bathroom before leaping on Ash who was lying on the bed in a vest and grey joggers making him groan from the impact. “I love you dada.” She exclaims flinging her arms round his neck. “I love you too princess.” He mumbles wrapping his arms round her little body cuddling her. I sat down next to them it wasn’t long till Aurélie falls asleep Ash stood up carrying over to the bed beside hers and tucking her in before walking back over to me. I was lying on the bed watching eastender’s. He flicks off the TV “Hey I was watchin…” I complain but was cut off by his lips brushing against mine. “I know you were.” He grins kissing me gently I smile kissing him back I run my hand up through his hair before landing on his cheek cupping it. “I love you.” I confess in-between kisses. “I love you too Scar.” He replies before kissing down my neck. He suddenly stops jumping off the bed grabbing his laptop leaving me bewildered. He sits back down turning it on before looking at flights. “How do you fancy a night flight to L.A tomorrow evening?” He grins widely. I nod like crazy. “Please.” I practically beg full of excitement. Our new life starting tomorrow. I pull the covers over me cuddling up to Ash. I can’t wait.