Rebel Yell

Everything will be more than okay

*Ashley’s POV*

I got a phone call from Aurélie’s school to say no one came to pick her up. I thought Scar was picking her up…maybe she’s unwell she has been sick lately. “Dada.” Aurélie chirps from the back as we drive home. “Yes princess.” I answer as we pull into the drive. Scar’s car is gone huh? Where is she?
I sigh helping Aurélie out the car before unlocking the door. “Go and get changed.” I tell her she runs up the stairs in her little school uniform. I stroll through to the living room a small white stick lies on the table. I bend down picking it up. A pregnancy test…it’s positive. A great big grin spreads over my face I’m going to be a dada. I’m already a dada to Aurélie but a baby me and Scar’s. What if she’s getting rid of it? A voice spoke inside my head. She wouldn’t she wanted a baby too right?

Just then phone rang I dart to the hallway gliding on the wooden floor snatching the phone from its dock. “Hello?” I mumble in the phone anxiously. “Are you Ashley Purdy? Scarlett Dean’s next of kin?” a deep voice asks on the other end. “Yes, what’s happened is she okay?” I babble desperate to know about my baby, my precious Scar. “She’s been involved in a very serious accident we suggest you get down here quickly.” He states coldly. “I’m on my way.” I mutter stunned hanging up dialing Andy. “Andy I need to babysit Aurélie, Scar’s been in a serious accident.” I yell at him down the phone. “I’m coming.” He mumbles before the phone clicks ending the call. I pace up and down the hallway it what I do when I’m anxious. Scar hold for me baby, for our babies I beg to her inside of my head.

The front door swings open revealing Andy “No talking, just go.” He commands which I nod to running out the door to my car. I drive all the way to the hospital as fast as I can shaking with nerves. I run down the corridors to intensive car dodging people in my way when I finally reach there panting. I see a lady standing behind the reception desk. “Scarlett Dean, where is she? Is she okay? What happened?” I blurt out so many questions she just looks wide eyed taking it in. “This way.” She speaks softly walking through the ward I gaze around waiting to see Scar, my Scar.

We finally reached a curtain she peal back to reveal Scar. She looks peaceful asleep her little face bruised from the impact. “She’s a very lucky girl, the truck driver managed to swerve away from her after the initial impact if he didn’t well..” she trails off I sigh heavily in relief. “Is she okay? Is the baby okay?” I ask still full of question as worry swirls round my head. “I’ll get the doctor.” She smiles kindly walking off leaving me alone with Scar.

“Scar, I’m here.” I reassure her entangling my fingers in hers she groans a little coming round her eyes dart open startled. “Where am I?” she questions peering round completely puzzled. “Hospital, you were in a car accident…you’re lucky to be alive.” I murmur the last bit staring at her. She looks up at me her sapphire eyes gleaming with the tears filling them. “Don’t darlin’, don’t cry.” I mumble kissing her temple.

*Scar’s POV*

I could feel the tears brimming my eyes threatening to spill over. “Don’t darlin’, don’t cry.” Ash mumbles pecking my temple making me smile softly. “I’m sorry about the car…it’s was a lot of money.” I say feeling awfully guilty he’d brought it for me a few weeks before as a gift. “Fuck the car Scar, it can be replaced you can’t no amount of money can bring you back.” He states holding me against his chest I feel him sigh.

Just then a female doctor walks in standing beside my bed. “Right Scarlett, am I correct?” I nod gently. “You’re remarkably lucky, a broken arm and bruising.” She announces looking astonished. “The baby?” I mumble staring over at her anxiously. “The babies are fine.” She states. Huh babies? “Babies?” Ash says gawping obviously stunned. “Twins.” She affirms. Ash suddenly goes limp next to me collapsing to the floor. “Ash?” I call his name trying to bring him round as the doctor checks him over. “He’s fainted, men eh?” she chuckles making me smile. “Indeed.” I agree with her.

A little while later Ash and I were sat at home on the sofa curled up together. “So you don’t want twins then?” I giggle teasing him. “No, I do it was just...a shock.” He chuckles lightly his breath tickling my ear. “What about names?” I ask peering up at him his dark eyes glimmer in excitement. “I like Pedro.” He states deadly serious I burst out laughing. “No,” I pant struggling to be my breath back “No fucking way Purdy.” “But please.” He pouts pulling an adorable face. “As cute as you look right now, no way is one our buba’s being called Pedro.” I say softly tapping him the tip of his nose. “Okay.” He whines pecking my cheek softly his arm wrapping round my waist his large hand plants itself on my tummy. I smile looking up at him his eyes focussed on me I lean in for a kiss my lips brushing against his he smiles returning my little kisses.

“I like Romeo.” I murmur against his lips as they crash onto mine. He stops kissing raising his eyebrows at me “Really?” he questions. I nod giggling at his reaction he softly sighs looking at me “You’re lucky I love you and our buba’s.” he speaks softly shaking his head. “Just because I have better taste in names Ashley fuckin’ Purdy.” I state poking his cheek gently he chuckles. “Scarlett soon to be Purdy.” He grins widely. I smile resting my head on his shoulder. “I can’t wait.” I whisper snuggling my head in the crook of his neck. “Me neither.” he says while slowly stroking my tummy though I’m not showing.

In that moment I realized my life may have it’s up and downs, it might be full of drama but with this man by my side everything will be more than okay. <3