Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

I'm friends with the monster

"There's a monster inside my mind. He sits on his throne, watching over all my thoughts; all my feelings; all my life. He tells me what to do and say. He tells me how to act. If I try to fight back, he fights me harder. I no longer have control. The monster inside my mind controls everything now. And I don't know if this is me speaking or the monster, but I like it."

Emily woke to the sound of Beth talking to herself in the middle of the night. She rolled over to see Beth sitting on the side of her bed with her back facing Emily.

"Beth?" Emily said groggily. "Are you alright?" She reached over and turned on the light.

Beth's head shot up. "What's going on? Where am I?" She looked around, confused.

Emily shoved the blankets off her and rushed over to Beth's side. "Beth, it's Emily. Look at me. Are you okay?"

Tears filled Beth's eyes as she collapsed into Emily's lap. "There's something inside my mind, Emily. There's something wrong with me." She sobbed.

Emily stroked Beth's blonde hair back. "Shh," She soothed. "You're alright. I'm right here. Everything is going to be alright."

Beth sat up slowly, wiping away the tears that stained her cheeks. "Will you..." She sniffled. "Will you sleep next to me for the rest of the night? I just... I need..."

Emily stopped her. "Of course, hun." She said, pulling the blankets back snuggling in next to Beth. She wrapped her arms around her best friend and held her all night long to try and protect her from the devil growing inside Beth's mind.

When morning rolled around, Emily woke up to find Beth's side of the bed empty. When she sat up, she saw Beth and some how moved to Emily's bed on the other side of the room. She was curled up in a ball under the blankets with a struggling look on her face.

"Beth?" Emily stood up slowly and walked over to her. "Beth?" She asked again, shaking her lightly.

Beth rubbed her hand across the whole right side of her face as she was pulled from her sleep. Sleep to Beth had become a sanctuary. It was the closest thing she had to dying.

"Do you want to go get us some more ice?" Emily asked. "Maybe taking a walk would be good for you. I think you've been in this room for much too long."

"I'll do it later." Beth mumbled into her pillow.

Emily sighed. "Fine... I'll do it."

She stood up and started walking towards the door when all of a sudden, Beth appeared out of nowhere, blocking the door so she couldn't leave.

"No!" She shouted. "I'll go! Let me go!"

Emily started to get scared by the way Beth was acting. She had never seen her friend get like this before. "Really, Beth. I can go."

"No!" Beth shouted again. "I'm going!"

Emily started to get her shoes on and Beth started screaming at her again. Emily tried prying Beth from the door so she could get out but Beth refused.

"Fine!" Emily yelled, which was unusual for Emily. "Fucking go if you want to go so badly!"

Beth fell took a few steps away from the door and fell to her knees, sobbing into her palms. Emily was starting to get annoyed. "You're acting like a three year old, Beth. What is going on with you?" Emily wondered. "I'm going to get ice. I'll be back in a few minutes." Emily opened the door and started down the hallway but Beth darted out and hit her arm on the door in the process.

"Ow! Shit! Oh God, ouch! Oh my, god!" She was screaming and crying, luring a few people out of their rooms and into the hallway.

Spencer burst out of his room when he heard Beth's scream-crying and rushed over to her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" She screamed in his face. "Leave me alone! Just let me go! Please! Let me go!"

Everyone was frightened by Beth's behavior. No one had ever seen her act like this. No one knew what to do. She just stood there in the hallway screaming "let me go" and crying. She hunched over, running her fingers through her hair and tugging at the roots. She stamped her feet and started banging herself against the walls. She began hitting her temples with her palms, and hitting her fists against the door of her and Emily's room.

"Beth, stop!" Spencer panicked when she started to harm herself. He tried to grab her but she forced him off her. Marcus stepped in and wrapped his giant arms around Beth's tiny frame, trapping her so she couldn't move. She started to collapse in Marcus's arms and he knelt down with her failing body.

Her whole face had turned red from her violent screaming, and wisps of her hair had stuck to her face from all the sweat that had formed on her forehead.

The last thing Beth had seen before everything went black was Andy stepping out of his room with Heidi following behind him.

She let more tears fall onto Marcus's knuckles as she let out one more blood curdling scream to release everything she felt against Andy and Heidi. "Please," She whimpered, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Just let me go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm honestly not even sure why this is here and why I decided to go in this direction but the same exact thing happened to me today and I guess that's why I wrote this chapter. For some reason, something happened and I had an emotional stress mental breakdown over literally the tiniest thing but I went absolutely crazy and I had no control over anything I was saying, doing, feeling, anything. It was quite terrifying for not only me but everyone in my house as well. I really have no idea what happened to me. I felt like someone else had control of my body and my emotions. My mom thinks I was just being a little whiny baby and I tried to explain to her that I literally was not in my body when anything was happening but of course she didn't care to believe me. I remember everything that happened but I was not in control whatsoever. I remember finding myself on the floor in the hallway thinking what in the world just happened? that wasn't me. and i couldn't shake it for a long time. I felt like there was someone else inside my body. It was like my suicidal phase all over again and that's a place I had never wanted to return to.