The Ghost

Now Things Are Getting Too Complicated To Balance

The little bell dinged above the door as we entered the shop. Lesi appeared out from behind the curtain that was besides the door. She smiled when she saw me then she froze when she saw Brut. I looked at him and motioned for him to stay here.

“I need some things.” I said turning down one of the aisles and started grabbing items off the shelves. I pulled a couple bottles of holy water and a few bales of sage. When my hands got to full I would go up to the front and dump them on the counter. Lesi and Brut were busy stealing glances at each other. Lesi rang everything up and I reached for my wallet, only Brut stopped me.

“This is on Liam.” He grunted pulling out his wallet. He slapped a couple bills down on the counter as I shoved the items in my backpack. I looked up at Lesi and saw she was smiling sweetly at him. This was starting to get creepy. I turned to leave but stopped when Brut didn’t follow me. I stared at him in shock as he winked at Lesi and then followed me out. Once we were out of the store I turned to look at him, raising my eyebrow. “What?” he grunted.

“Nothing, so that was an interesting display from you. Never seen it before.” I said letting a smile cross my face. He looked at me and frowned causing me to burst out in a fit of giggles.

“So do you think I am cute too?” I asked trying to keep a straight face. It didn’t work to well. Brut and I generally got along pretty well. That was, when he wasn’t after me on Liam’s orders, even then he never really hurt me. He slapped me on the back and we kept walking. “Seriously, you can’t tell Liam about me having a twin.”

“He knows you have a sister.” He said

“Yeah but not having a twin. Just keep this between us.” I said. He nodded and we kept walking. I knew I could trust him.

We eventually made it to the House on 3rd. Brut opened the door and held it open for me and I walked into the dark depths of the house. Most of the prostitute were still sleeping off their drugs from the night before. There were, however, a few who were up. They scrambled up from their chairs as soon as Brut entered the room. Their eyes quickly darted to me after.

“Do you want us to train her? She is a little chunky for one of us don’t you think?” The tallest of the group said.

“Watch who you’re calling fat!” I shouted going for them but Brut stopped me as they all squealed for cover.

“She aint one of you. She is above you. You listen to what she says and you answer her.” He said giving them a, firm look. He released me and stood back. I never dealt with the prostitues. That was Brut’s job or else he pawned it off on someone below him. I mainly dealt with the street walkers. They were much easier and most of them weren’t druggies.

“Liam says you guys are frightened over something?” I said. They eyed me suspiciously before fear crossed their faces. I had shrugged my jacket off and I was guessing they had gotten a look at that large blue dragon on my arm.

“Some of the girls have been saying that there are ghosts in the house.” She said. Her hands were shaking and it probably wasn’t from fear. It was either from lack of drugs or too many. She placed a cigarette between her thin lips and raised a lighter with a shaking hand. I copied her and lit my own but with a far steadier hand.

“What kind of ghosts?” I asked

“I don’t know; the haunting kind.” She spat. She recoiled, eyes growing wide with fear as Brut cracked his knuckles.

“Are they ghosts of girls that worked here? Clients?” I asked. I took a long drag of the cigarette and let it slowly flow out of my mouth.

“No, none of that. It’s like things disappearing and glass shattering against the walls. The kitchen is where most everything happens.” She said. I looked at the door on my left that she had pointed to.

“May I?” I asked. She motioned for me to go ahead. I started towards the kitchen and when I pushed the door open, something flew right by my head. It shattered somewhere behind me. I didn’t even look to see what it was. I just pushed into the kitchen. I could feel evil wrap its self around me.

I was choking. No, I was suffocating. I dropped to my knees, clutching at my throat. I turned around and tried to get back out of the kitchen but it caught me before I could get all the way out. I managed to suck in enough air to scream before it knocked me against the wall and I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Subscribe and Comment!!!