‹ Prequel: Going Bush

Going Bush 2: Suburbia

93

“We can see it now,” Isaac said over the phone as Zac drove.
They’d been on the road for hours, and were now getting exact directions from Rick.
“Great. I’m sorry I don’t have anything more for you at this point.”
“Do you know what the serial number on the plane was, by any chance?” Isaac squinted as Zac had pointed out a plane at the end of the runway.
“No idea, sorry. Why?”
“Because there’s a small white plane here now. Wondering if it’s the same one.”
“It’s possible. Be careful, guys. Call me straight away if you find anything.”
“No problem. Thanks Rick,” Isaac hung up.
“What if it is?” Zac looked across at his brother, “and how can we tell?”
“I think we should get a closer look,” Isaac turned to look behind them making sure they were alone on the road, “there doesn’t seem to be anyone here.”
“That doesn’t mean there isn’t anyone,” Zac pointed out, but pulled into the airport regardless.
He pulled in beside a shed so that the car couldn’t be seen from the main road. Still there didn’t appear to be anyone around.
“Let’s go,” Isaac opened the door and got out.
Zac tapped his fingers on the steering wheel before getting out himself. Isaac was already to the plane and looking inside.
“Oh yeah. This is definitely the plane that had Taylor in it,” he looked back at Zac before looking to the plane again.
“What makes you say that?” Zac frowned as he made his way over.
Isaac indicated the window and Zac had a look inside. He winced when he saw the cages inside.
“That’ll be it alright,” he took a step back, “but where would they go from here? They could have driven anywhere. And if this is the same plane they used to bring Taylor here, why is it here now?”
“They must be somewhere close, to come here and not go somewhere else,” Isaac assured.
“It’s still a maybe,” Zac turned to leave.
“But it’s the only one we’ve got,” Isaac looked up as Zac stopped abruptly.
Zac had come face to face with an assault rifle and immediately raised his hands.
“¿Quién es usted?” the man with a bandana around his neck demanded.
“Los turistas!” Isaac stepped up straight away.
“¿Los turistas?”
“Si,” Isaac nodded, also displaying his hands.
“Not just tourists…” came a voice from the direction of the shed making both brothers turn their heads, “but the other two thirds of Hanson, I believe.”
The boys were immediately on guard at the reference to Taylor by the much older man. He stood about as tall as Zac with a head of white hair and crystalline blue eyes.
“I guess we’re in the right place,” Zac breathed.
“You’ve come a long way,” the man stepped over to him, staring him directly in the eye, “it’s a shame you won’t achieve your objective.”
“Really?” Zac’s eyebrows rose.
“Take them,” the man ordered.
Zac clenched his teeth again as his arms were pulled behind him by others who had suddenly appeared from the shed. Looking over his shoulder he saw Isaac getting the same treatment.