Status: Active :)

The Truth About Love

Part Four

I walked into the dimly lit bar and glanced around, my eyes dancing from face to face. I smirked when I saw her standing with her back to me, behind the bar. She had changed her white v neck for a short, black off the shoulder crop top.

"Excuse me ma'am. I'd like a scotch please." I drawled in my best southern accent, catching her attention.

Roxanne turned to face me and rolled her eyes. But I noticed the way the corners of her mouth tugged up, fighting a smile.

"All the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world... And you walk into mine." She sighed, leaving over the bar.

"Did you just quote Casablanca?" I chuckled, sliding up on a bar stool.

"Maybe." She conceded, finally cracking a grin.

"I really did want that scotch." I persisted, raising my eyebrows.

"Work me to death, then." She grumbled, reaching under the bar and pulling up a bottle of amber liquid and a glass tumbler. "This one's on me." She added, pouring a generous amount.

A woman shouted down the bar and all of the bartenders, whom I just noticed were all women, hopped up on the bar. Roxanne winked down at me as the volume of the music increased along with the voices of the patrons crowding the bar.

I laughed out loud when the women began strutting up and down the bar, dancing to the swinging country rock song. I laughed when Roxanne wiggled her eyebrows at me, swinging her hips and stamping her feet.

The song ended and the girls all slid down off the bar, to many groans and boos from the crowd of men in the room. Roxanne made her way back over to me and leaned back against the bar.

"I was wondering where you leaned to dance." I admitted, trying not to laugh.

"It's not Coyote Ugly but it's damn near close." She grinned. "Just a sec." She sighed, moving off to serve someone else.

I watched as she filled orders, occasionally accepting a drink from a flirty customer, or laughing at something one of the other girls said. She's occasionally come and refill my tumbler or flash me a smile from the other side of the bar.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I joked, inflicting my voice with a fake accusing tone.

"We'll you did see me at my worst the other night." She shrugged, not looking at all guilty.

"That was your worst? Trust me, you don't want to see mine."

"How can you be so sure?" She said quietly, seductively.

As she walked away again, it occurred to me that she was talking about more than just seeing me drunk.

ROXANNE'S POV

"Who's the hottie?" Monica questioned as we wiped a tray of glasses dry.

"Jeremy. He's a friend of Mark's. they're working on a movie together."

"He keeps staring at you. Hop on that." She snickered.

"Oh, I intend to." I smirked, licking my lips and glancing back at him over my shoulder.

He was watching me, like he had been for most of the night. I was being truthful when I told Mark that I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, but there was no denying that I was attracted to Jeremy. And it wasn't like having sex with him meant I had to date him.

JEREMY'S POV

"Home sweet home." She grinned, opening the front door wide. "I'm going to change. Make yourself at home." She called over her shoulder as she made her way down the hallway.

I closed the door behind me as I kicked off my shoes, taking my jacket off and hanging it up on a hook. I walked into the bathroom and flipped the light on, swinging the door closed behind me.

"Holy shit!" I yelped when I turned and saw a very large cat sitting on the toilet and glaring at me. "Hey Roxanne, can you please remove this... thing from the bathroom?" I called, poking my head out of the door.

"Oh sorry." She snickered, emerging from what I assumed was her room in a pair of incredibly short cotton shorts and another white v neck. "That's Moose. He doesn't like strangers. I'm surprised you didn't meet him the other night." She explained, scooping the cat up off the toilet and cradling him in her arms.

As she passed, it raised the fur on the back of its neck and hissed at me. I stuck my tongue out at the beast an closed the door behind Roxanne.

When I remerged from the bathroom, there were movie previews playing on the large flat screen tv and Roxanne was in the kitchen.

I didn't even try to stop myself from staring at her ass as she bent over the counter, setting the timer on the microwave for a bag of popcorn. Her slim legs were perfectly sculpted and lightly tanned. I could just spy the bottom part of her ass cheeks below the cloth of her blue cotton shorts.

"I hope you don't mind, I went on and picked out a movie." She said, not bothering to turn and look at me as she reached up into a cabinet. "Want a glass of wine?" She asked as she pulled down a glass bottle.

"No thanks. I had enough at the bar. You were drowning me in scotch." I smirked, meaning back against the island in the middle of the spacious room.

"You looked like you needed to relax." She shrugged, peering ar me over the rim of her wine glass. "Hard day filming?" She inquired, sipping at her red wine.

In the past three days, we had been attempting to film a rather difficult set of scenes and after the first day of failed attempts the producers had prohibited visitors until we were done with te sequence. Everyone was on edge and butting heads.

"Yeah. Hemsworth and I got into it a bit." I grunted, crossing my arms.

"Well it's relaxing time now, so just don't think about it." She commented, shrugging again as she turned to pop open the beeping microwave.

She poured the popcorn into a bowl and grabbed her glass before leading the way into the living room. After we are comfortable on the couch, her leaning into my side and my arm across her shoulders with out feet propped on the coffee table, she pressed play on the remote and I slung a blanket over our legs.

The opening scenes for Mrs. Doubtfire played and I snorted at her movie selection.

"What? You needed to relax, and what better way to do so than watching a comedy classic?" She defended indignantly.

I have her shoulder a squeeze and she smiled at me before turning back to the screen. I found myself smiling at her smile and realized this whole "no relationship" thug might not be as easy as I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So? Whatcha thinkin?
I've also got my Captain America fic up and running again, if anyone's interested.
Lemme know what you're thinking :)
You can see the two outfits for this chapter here & here