Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Everything Had Changed

Cassandra’s POV

The cameras finally stopped following. It was Cassandra’s first thought when she entered the building.

Cassandra looked at the entrance and saw Sidney still standing there watching her waiting for the elevator to arrived. It made her smile how gentleman and understanding he’s been with her all throughout the night. He caught her watching him as well so she waved at him again at the same time the elevator doors opened. She went inside and leaned on the elevator wall then let out a soft sigh of relief, after all participating at We Got Married was not as bad as she thought it will turn out to be. A smile graced on her face when she remembered Skate Canada requesting her to participate at We Got Married to give the organization a good publicity, not that they got a bad reputation it’s just that they had this reputation of being like a military school for being strictly discipline and a bit manipulative with their figure skaters, which can sometime be true. She wanted to tell them that making her join We Got Married was like proving what the media thinks of them but of course she didn't voiced that out loud instead just keep it to herself.

She was fine with the rules and regulations of Skate Canada, honestly speaking. They don’t have a weight limit with their female skaters because she was not the skinny kind of girl; her body built was structured for figure skating fit and athletic. They also let her choose where she wanted to train, who she wanted to be her coach and choreographer, what music she wanted to skate, what event she wanted to participate in, what competition she wants to compete in and what costume she wants to wear. She was given everything she wanted so there was no reason for her at all to rebel against what the organization wanted since it was the only favour they ever asked to her, who was she to deny them after shaping her and building her into an athlete she was today. So, with that reasons in her mind she agreed to participate We Got Married besides she was a fan of the show.
Her train of thoughts was interrupted when the elevator doors finally opened at the 12th floor where her twin brother lived. She got off of the elevator and headed to the third door to the left; fishing out her spear key from her bag she opened the door.

“Its way past curfew hours, young lady!” her twin brother Cedric’s voice boomed at the silent and dark apartment, the only light source was the skyscrapers from the floor-to-ceiling window.

She put on her best poker faced then answered. “Sorry, dad.” But burst out laughing right after the words came out.

Cedric laughed along with her as she opened the lights at the living room. “Are you waiting for me the entire time?” she asked her brother as she saw down at the couch.

“Not really.” He answered sitting down next to her. “What’s with the tiara?” he asked poking it.

“Nothing.” She answered covering it from her brother’s poking.

Cedric was always been a laid back kind of guy that didn’t like showing that he care but he got his own way of expressing himself and one of those were being sarcastic.

She stretched out and yawned. “I’m tired. I’ll go to bed now.” She told him already standing up but he grabbed her wrist pulling her down to the couch again to sit.

“Not yet. I want to know how did your date with cappy went.” He ordered.

She love her brothers immensely especially her twin brother but there were times where they were too demanding and protective, it drive her nuts. She sighed, “He’s nice and such a gentleman. At the beginning it was a little awkward but we made it through.” She gave him a brief summary of their first date.

“We made it through my ass! You’re smiling from ear to ear and your cheeks are ascending to heaven!”

She didn’t notice that she was indeed smiling broadly as she spoke about Sidney. Grabbing the pillow beside her, she hit him with it. “I am not!” she denied giggling.

“Hey!” he complained laughing. “Cassy got a crush!” he sung song.

“No, I don’t!” she denied again turning red at her brothers teasing.

“Why are you blushing then?” he asked.

“It’s because I’m laughing too hard.” She countered back then stood up from the couch. “You know what? I really want to go to sleep now.” She said. Before she finally goes to her room she hit him with the pillow once again. She heard her brother’s laughter behind her as she made her way to her designated bedroom.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Sidney’s POV

“It’s a wrap!” he heard the unit director of the WGM shouted to the crew around him.

They all smiled at him and patted him on the back saying ‘Good job’, ‘You did great’, ‘You two look good together’ and he just smiled back to all of them, a genuine smile because he really felt happy and … alive. The feeling was as good as when he was on the ice doing what he love the most, playing hockey. He said thank you to the crew and told them his heading home now.

Inside his SUV he suddenly felt alone. He nearly laughs at how pathetic that sounds but he realized he missed her already and it was only been a few minutes since they were together. It brings him back to his memory of six months ago after the locked out ended. One of the conditions the NHL wanted was a piece of him, which didn’t shocked him because who doesn’t? They said as the face and one of the greatest players of the league they wanted him to do a publicity that can help clean up the NHL image. At that time they didn’t have any publicity stunts in mind but he agreed to do it because he was so desperate to go back playing hockey. He told Pat to made good suggestions to the league since he think all of the people in there was crazy. First, the lockout and now they want him to clean up their mess.

A few months after Pat told him that they agreed that he will participate to We Got Married, the team watched the show when they were on the road and it was currently Dupuis’ favorite reality show, he also watched it but he will never tell a soul about that. His first reaction when he found out was ‘This will be the end of my career. Everyone will find out how socially awkward I am. I know that agreeing to their terms was a bad idea.’

He can’t help but smile and shook his head at the memory. When he arrived home he immediately took a shower and can’t help but think about Cassandra. It was mind blowing how such a beautiful woman never dated before. He always thought she was dating Jeff Skinner of Carolina Hurricanes because they were both seen together occasionally and talked a lot to each other at some sports event. He also red at some WAG sites that she was his girlfriend, not that he really mean to Google it he was just curious. Maybe next time they meet he will ask about her relationship with Skinner since they never talked about it. He can’t believe how possessive he was becoming to her. He knows her for six years but never know her personally and now that he was given a chance to he won’t let it slipped.

After taking a shower he picked up his phone thinking about calling or at least texting Cassandra but realized that they didn’t exchange numbers earlier and internally kicked himself for not asking.

He thought of his options; he can ask Cedric or Austin for her number; he can call Cedric’s landline; or he can ask his agent to get her number. He debated about asking any of her brothers for her number, he’ll be bullied by them on the locker room. He will sound desperate if he calls Cedric’s landline and he might be the one to answer. It was late and his agent will ask millions of questions if he ask him to get her number. The only option available was to wait to see her again and that time he’ll ask her number.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Cassandra’s POV

She woke up at exactly 6’o clock in the morning then stretched out. No matter what the time zone or how late she slept her body followed its own clock, she always wake up at 6’ o clock in the morning.
Standing up from the warm and comfortable bed she tied her curly hair into a messy bun and headed to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. Leaving the bathroom she slipped her on her SpongeBob slippers that matched her yellow, SpongeBob sweatshirt and gray, sweatpants and go to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her and Cedric. On usual days she might run on the treadmill for at least five miles every morning but she was hungry and thought that she will do it at the afternoon instead. As she cooked breakfast her mind drift from her date with Sidney, she knows that it was not real and she shouldn’t get too attached to him if she wanted to get out of their visual marriage intact.
She didn’t realize she was humming until she heard her brother enter the kitchen singing Can’t Tell Me Nothing by Tim McGraw.

“What’s with the song?” he asked yawning as he runs his fingers through his ruffled blonde hair.

“Nothing, I just remember the song.” She answered setting down the omelette, bacon, hotdog and bread on the dining table.

“Weird because that is Sid’s favorite song.” He told her.

She nodded her head but didn't say anything as she sat down on her chair across from him.

“I could get use to this every morning. When you moved here in Pittsburgh find a place that is just walking distance from mine so I can always eat with you guys.” He told her with his mouth full of food.

She laughed at his brother’s joke. It’s been a long time since the last time she cooked for him. What she prepared was not special but she was a good cook, her mom didn't want her only daughter to go out in the world useless in the kitchen. “I actually want a place as far away from yours possible.” She said after taking a sipped of her hot chocolate.

“I’m your twin brother how can you be so mean to me?” he said dramatically clutching his heart as if it hurts.

She chuckled at his childishness as she gather her plate and mug putting it on the sink after she was done eating her breakfast. “I cooked you wash the dishes.” She ordered him.

“I hate washing dishes.” He whined, which made her laughed.

“I know that’s why I keep on making you do it.” she replied. She missed bickering with her twin brother like this on daily basis as if they’re still kids.

Switching on the flat screen she flopped down on the couch flipping through the channels for something interesting to watch.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Sidney’s POV

It was early in the morning when he called Austin for an advice since Cassandra was staying with Cedric he can’t asked him and the guy had a big mouth he might slip his surprise to his sister.

He was with Austin working out at the team’s work out facility, there was only few of them that was there since it was just seven in the morning.

“You do know that Cassandra is going to be my wife, aren’t you?” he asked Austin. He always like Austin, his very hard working, quiet and a good friend while on the other hand his younger brother Cedric was laid back, can be loud at times and a prankster, even he was the youngest member of the team the guy never let any of his senior push him around and he like that about him.

“Cedric and I only connect the dots yesterday.” He answered. “How did your date go last night?” he asked him as they continue to run to the treadmill.

“Didn’t you ask her?”

“I called Cedric but he said she didn’t come home yet.”

“It was better than I imagine it will be. She’s very sweet.”

“It’s weird taking about my sister with you.” he told him.

“Yeah, I guess I would feel weird to if it’s my sister we are talking about.”

“So, you surely didn’t called me early in the morning just to work out with you right?” Austin had always been a straight shooter something he noticed the siblings’ had in common.

“I need your opinion about something since you know Cassandra better than me.” He answered.
After their work out they took a shower and headed to the mall. The teammates when to Tiffany & Co. shop.

“What are we doing here?” Austin asked as Sidney directly went to the engagement rings.

“I told Cassandra last night that we should be an engaged couple first before we started acting as a married couple. I want to bought her a ring and I want your opinion.” He told his teammate finally.

“Anything with blue stone will make her happy.” Austin said not even looking at the rings on display.

“That’s it? Anything blue?” he asked his teammates in disbelief. He thought he will give him more opinion than that.

“A sapphire heart shaped cut engagement ring to be exact.” He told him.

Sidney asked the sales lady if they had that engagement ring and said they did. She showed to them the ring and he was so amazed by how beautiful the ring was. He asked if Austin knows Cassandra’s ring finger size, he said he didn’t know so they just took a guess.

He was expecting Austin to threaten him that if he hurt his sister he will beat him into pulp but he never did they just continued talking about everything but her and he was relieved.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Cassandra’s POV

“Cedric, I want to get Sidney a gift but I don’t know what it will be.” She told his twin brother as they watched a movie together.

“It’s kind of hard considering he can buy everything he wants.” He replied.

The twins were sitting on the couch watching Madagascar. Call them childish but they love to watch animated films, it was a stress reliever to them because in animation everything is possible.

“That’s exactly my problem is.” She agreed.

“You’re the girl so he is probably not expecting any gifts from you.” he told her.

“Cedric!” she tugged at his brother’s arm.

“What?!” he complained.

“I really want to buy him one!” she continued to pester her twin brother. “What does he want?” she
asked.

“He already has what he wanted and that is the Stanley Cup.” He uttered reminding her sister.

She gasped startling her brother, “I think I know what I should give him now!” she exclaimed excitedly.

“Good. Now be quiet one of us is actually watching the movie.”

After watching all of her and Cedric’s favorite movie the whole day in marathon and throwing popcorn at each other causing a huge messed at the living room it was finally dinner time. She promised to him that she’ll cook his favorite, chicken casserole before she starts cooking she went through to her iPod to play some music putting it on shuffle. At the midst of preparing their dinner ‘Everything Had Changed’ by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran played and felt something she never did before, relate to a love song. It was a weird new feeling for her because the song suddenly made sense and she understood what the girl on the song was going through, how meeting a guy can change everything. This made her smile, she never been able to relate to a love song before but now she somehow does. She thought that ‘Everything Has Changed’ might be her newest favorite song now.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter episode 3!
♠ ♠ ♠
In this chapter there is no camera following them around, it's just an ordinary day for them. I wrote this chapter i guess because i want to let you know the reason why two very private athletes suddenly participate to a reality show and to also show if what they're doing on the show is real or just an act/scripted. The chapter was shorter than the last two but that's because i never really plan writing this. So, let me know if you want me to continue writing off-cam chapters or you just want the WGM episodes.