Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 3: Ice Skating Date

Coffee Shop (Pittsburgh)

Sidney came to their meeting place twenty minutes earlier because he was excited to see his fiancé after four days since their first meeting.

The door’s bells chimed signalling an arrival of a costumer and Cassandra walked through the door wearing a light blue, sunny dress that ended just below her knee matched with a silver doll shoes and her hair was up in a ponytail. He immediately noticed how light she applied make-up and wanted to see her without any maybe when they moved in together he will.
He stands up as she made her way to him with a bright smile.

“Good morning!” she greeted him.

“Morning. You’re so cheerful today.” He noticed helping her on her chair receiving a silent thank you from her.

“I’ve got a complete sleep last night.” She told him looking around the coffee shop. “The place looks so homely.” She commented.

“Yeah, it’s one of the few places I can come and relax without much people recognizing me.” he said.

“Is it even possible that no one can recognize you?” she asked.

“There are times, yes but very rare.” He answered.

She nodded.“I don’t drink coffee.” She told him.

“What? Coffee is the best drink ever invented!” He said in disbelief.

She chuckled at him. “Believe it or not there are people out there like me that can live without coffee.”

“What are you going to drink then?” he asked.

“Hot chocolate.”

Sidney went to the counter to order their drinks while Cassandra stood up looking around the café. They were the only costumer in the shop; it made her wonder if he rent it for just the two of them. He came back to their table with a mug of coffee and hot chocolate. She went over the corner where a guitar was sitting on its guitar stand and strummed it giggling then goes back to their table where he was waiting for her.
______
 
Studio

“It’s like it’s her first time seeing a guitar.” Myra commented.

“She just loves playing guitar.” Cedric explained.

“Is she good at playing it?” Boy asked.

“Yeah.” Cedric answered.
______

Coffee Shop (Pittsburgh)

They both drink in silence the awkwardness was still palpable between the couple then their eyes met making them smile and chuckled at their awkwardness. She twirled her ponytail awkwardly then looked away. He rubbed his hand behind his neck, a mannerism she recognized by now whenever the moment was awkward. She smiled at the thought that she was slowly memorizing his mannerisms.

______

Interview Room with Cassandra Collins

“I felt happy and excited when I saw him but when we started talking it was awkward again.” She told the WGM interviewer laughing.

“Why do you think is that?” WGM interviewer asked.

She shrugged, “I think it’s because we are still not close to each other. I can be a bit distant and reserved to a person I just recently meet, so I hope he can be patient with me.”
_____

Coffee Shop (Pittsburgh)

“You look interested with the guitar.” He told her to break the silence, pointing it with his thumb.

“I love to play guitar.” She shared rotating her cup of hot chocolate.

“You must be good at it.” he said then took a sipped of his coffee.

She nodded. “Do you play guitar or any musical instrument?” she asked him looking up now.

“I don’t play guitar although my grandmother tried to taught me how to play piano when I was a kid but I never learned, not my thing I guess.” He shrugged laughing at the memory.

“My mom enrolled me to piano class when I was a kid and loves it a lot.”

“Is there anything you’re not good?” he asked laughing.

“I’m not good at driving, talking to people, focusing on things I’m not interested and sports that had team element on it probably the reason why my figure skating discipline is singles.” She answered honestly and seriously.

He laughed. “I’m glad to know you’re human too.” He said jokingly.

“Shhh! I’m keeping it as a secret, you know.” She told him. “You can’t tell anybody.” She shook her head chuckling.

“How can you not be good at sports with team elements? Once you’re an athlete you’ll always be an athlete, your body adjust to the sports you’re playing.”

“I can play those team sports but it’s just not my thing. I don’t know how to move with my teammates like a unit.” She explained.

“Your teammates sucked then.”

She laughed. “How can you say so? Maybe I’m the problem.”

“You’re right, you must be the problem.” He agreed, which made her laughed harder.

“Yeah.”

The two suddenly gone silent.
_______

Studio

“They always have moments like that.” Boy pointed out.

“It’s called Cassandra-After-Effect.” Cedric revealed. “It’s completely normal.” He added.
______

Coffee Shop (Pittsburgh)

“Why is there a silence like that between us?” He asked frowning.

She was trying not to laugh. “It always happens to me no matter who I am having a conversation with. My teammates started calling that silence as Cassandra-After-Effect.” She explained drawing random patterns at their table top.

“So it just didn’t happen with me. Good to know.”

She chuckled at his statement and continued to drink her hot chocolate.

“There are change of plans. I told you that I want to tour you around Pitts but we still need to hide under the radars at least until the first episode.” He told her looking apologetic at the turn of events.

“It’s okay. So what is now today’s agenda?” she asked not bothered by their change of plans.

“I’m thinking of bringing you to the Iceoplex at Southpointe, where the team practiced.” He told her.

“I’ve never been there.”

“I plan to bring you to the consol but I can’t book it. The Iceoplex is a good skating rink anyway.”

“Are we going now?” she asked.

“Yeah but I don’t think you’re prepared for it. I wanted to tell you about it but realized I don’t have your number.” He explained.

“Oh! Yeah, we didn’t exchanged numbers.” She agreed.

He pulled out his phone then handed it to her she also took out her phone handing it over to him.

“Cute.” He laughed playing with the bunny ears of her blue Smartphone case.

She smiled shyly, “Thank you.” they both enter each other’s number to their phones and gave back their phones.

“Smile.” He told her and she complied as he took a picture of her to set it as her contact icon and she also did the same with him.
________

Interview room with Sidney Crosby

“I forgot to asked her number on our first meeting and I just realized that when I got home. I wanted to ask her brothers her number but I’m sure that I’ll never hear the end of it to them so I didn’t dare.” He shared.

On the change of plans for their second date:

“WGM staff told me that we still need to hide from the public so I can’t tour her around and I realized that it will be hard. I decided to bring her to Iceoplex where the team practice because I want to skate with her. It might bring us closer too since our sports are both on ice.” He answered.
________

Studio

“Good he knows.” Cedric uttered.

“Isn’t he your captain?” Myra inquired.

“Yeah but doesn’t mean he can’t be bully.” He smirked devilishly.

“It will be hard for them when they finally go public, don’t you think?” Boy asked concern about the couple.

“Yeah, his fans can be a little crazy. Cassy will surely get a lot of hate for being paired with Sid.” Cedric answered seriously, concern with his sister’s situation.
_________

Coffee Shop (Pittsburgh)

“So what are we going to do now?” she asked him.

“We can buy you things you need -” he was interrupted by her.

“Or we can drive to my Cedric’s place to get my things.” She told him.

“If that’s what you want.” He agreed. “Did you bring your skate?” he asked.

“Of course, we’re a package deal.” She answered.

He laughed. “Is that right?”

She nodded enthusiastically.

“Come on then.” He stood up and she quickly followed him walking out of the coffee shop heading to his SUV.

The drive to Cedric’s place was quick since it was close by. They both get in the elevators.

“Is Cedric there?” he asked.

“No he’s not. He told me he'll be out late tonight.” She answered.

“Did he drive you to the coffee shop with morning?”

“He did but needs to leave immediately to pick-up Austin, they’ll be doing some media stuff together this morning.” She told him.

He nodded. “I see.”
________

Cedric’s Condo

Cassandra opened the door, “Not my place but make yourself at home, I’ll be very quick.” With that she quickly disappeared to the hallway heading to the bedrooms.

Sidney sat down on the couch tapping his fingers at the armrest of the couch. He’d been at
Cedric’s place many times to watch movies and play video games so he felt welcome and comfortable sitting there waiting for her collecting her things.

A few minutes after she finally appeared carrying a backpack that looks heavy and a paper bag, at the living room. He stood up from sitting on the couch expecting her to take longer.

“Sorry for taking too long.” She apologized as they walked to the door out of Cedric’s place she locked the door and closed it.

“That’s actually fast.” He admitted. “I thought you’ll take longer actually.”

“Really? I thought I was taking too long already and besides I don’t want to make you wait.” She said.

“I’ll carry that for you.” he said taking the paper bag from her hands and she gave it to him willingly.

“Thanks.”

They get into his SUV as they leave the parking lot he played Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’ tapping his fingers at the steering wheel but not singing along.

“What is your favorite Adele song?” she asked him.

“Someone like you.” he answered. “It’s so simple and that made the song so beautiful.” He added.

She smiled nodding her head. “Most of her songs are about unrequited love.”

“Yeah, and I like how she can approached the topic in so many ways with her songs.”

They continue to talked about music on their drive to the ice skating rink until he told her about the date when their first episode will be aired.

“I went to the studio yesterday to taped my interview room scenes and I asked them about the pilot episode will be air, they said it will be air on Saturday two weeks from now.” He informed her.

“I see. So, we had to keep low profile till then.”

“Yeah, which sucks.” He uttered then turned to looked at her for awhile. “Oh! I remember something while they were interviewing me.”

“What do you remember?” she asked looking at him.

“They told me that chocolate was a signal.” He revealed.

She looked away blushing and didn’t say anything.
________

Studio

“Busted!” Cedric yelled at the screen in front as if the couple could hear him.

“She’s blushing! It must be embarrassing to tell him that saying chocolate to him means she like him.” Boy said shaking his head.

“Do girls still blush these days?” Ryan Stewart, a new co-commentator asked.

“Of course! My face turns red when I’m drunk!” Myra answered causing her three co-commentators to laugh.
________

Sidney’s SUV

“What does it mean?” He asked her grinning boyishly.

“Why don’t you just watch the pilot episode to find out?” she answered crossing her arms to her chest still not looking at him.

“Let’s watch it together.” He suggested.

“Wouldn’t that be weird?”

“Why would it be? I re-watched my games and I’m sure you re-watched your performance all the time too.”

“I do but don’t mean I like watching it.”

“You don’t like to watch your performance?”

“I don’t because all I see is mistakes, mistakes and mistakes. It makes me beat myself internally for making does mistake. I bet you don’t like watching games you guys lose, it’s pretty much feels like that.” She explained.

He sighed. “True but I still want to watch it with you.” he insisted.

“I don’t want to. It will be embarrassing to watch with you.”

“Come on, it’s not that bad. We survived after all.” He kept on insisting the idea and liking how stubborn and how she was standing up on her own decisions. He liked his woman with backbone because without it she will not survive in his world. Where does the thought “his woman” came from? He doesn’t know but he liked the idea of calling Cassandra his.

“No.” was all her answer this time.

“I’ll convince you to watch it with me.” he swear to her.

For the first time Cassandra gave him her famous devil’s smirk, the right side of her lips was lifted to a half-smile while her blue eyes was full of confidence narrowed and it took his breath away, “You could try.” She said daring him.

It was the first time she flirted with him or maybe she didn’t really mean it that way. He always liked her devil’s smirk, it was full of confidence, playfulness and challenge. She was known for flashing that smirked on the ice every time she looked at the judges and does her final poses.

“I really like your devil’s smirk.” He admitted shyly.

“Thank you.”

Arriving at the deserted, ice skating rink he took her to the ladies dressing room to change and laced up her skates then made his way to the men’s to do the same. He changed into a black, sweatpants and black, zipped up jacket beneath it was a black, T-shirt.

Cassandra got out of the changing room wearing a blue, Stars On Ice sweatshirt and black, figure skating pants matched with light blue, skating shoes the blade was sparkling with silver glitters.

“Nice skating shoes.” He commented laughing as he openly stared at it.

“Thank you. I designed it.”

The couple walked to the tunnel heading towards the ice rink she shiver in the cold temperature of the place.

“You’re cold?” He asked her chuckling.

“I’m naturally cold by nature. I don’t have any idea why I end up being a figure skater, seriously.” She admitted smiling shyly at how stupid that might sounded.

“You fell in love with the ice.” He simply stated with a thoughtful smile because that was what happened to him when he first step out on the ice he fell in love with it no question ask he knew then what he wanted in his life.

She returned the smile. “I did and never regret not looking back since that day.” She said proud of her decision to pursue her figure skating career even though how hard it is.

He nodded in agreement. “Have you ever thought of what you wanted to be if you’re not a figure skater?” He asked her.

“Yes, a lot of people ask me that. I always answered if I’m not a figure skater I want my work to be something PR related. I think it will be fun to work on an advertising agency or be a graphic artist, I think.” She answered. “How about you, what would be your career if you’re not a hockey player?”

“I will be in army or a police officer or a fireman. I want my job to be something that helps the community.” He answered.

“It suits you because I can’t imagine you having a 9 to 5 job in the office.” She agreed.

He laughed. “Why? You think I’m not smart enough to work in the office?” He asked not insulted at all but asked to tease her.

“Of course not! That’s not what I meant. I never doubt that you’re smart. Athletes are some of the smartest people I've ever met. People are just plain wrong when they immediately assume we don't have brains to match our skills.” She amended quickly afraid to offend him.
 
“Hey! I’m just kidding.” He told her laughing.

Sidney started removing his skate guards.

"Shouldn't we do warm up first?" Cassandra inquired.

"Right." he agreed putting back his skate guards . "Take the lead." he motioned her to start the warm up.

_________

Studio

"She's too cautious." Ryan commented.

"Well, she's right. They need to warm up first to avoid getting muscle injuries." Cedric informed his co-commentators.

_______

Iceoplex (Pittsburgh)

Cassandra started their warm up from head down to their lower extremities. After swinging her legs back then front for at least ten times she slowly do a center split staying at that position for ten seconds.

"Now that I can't do." he said.

She laughed while standing. "I think we're good to go." she announced.

They both removed their skate guards putting it on top of the boards then skated to the ice. He went circling the rink in a very fast speed while she on the other hand skated slowly. After a few times circling the rink with slow speed she started to skate faster more faster that Sidney was then did a double loop jump earning a "Wow!" from him.

She looked at him as if realizing that he was there. She felt shy suddenly, she forgotten about him when she started skating getting lost at her own little world. "Sorry. I always space out when I'm on ice." she skated towards him.

He held out his hands and she took it he squeezed her hands lightly. They skate together holding each others hand circling around the rink.
________

Interview Room with Cassandra Collins

"Whenever I skate the world around me just fades away it's always been that way for me. I kind of space out while warming up that I totally forgot about him." she said with a guilty smile.
______

Studio

"They're now holding each others hands!" Myra squealed giggling like a school girl.

"We know you don't need to squeal." Ryan scolded her.

______

Iceoplex (Pittsburgh)

"I've never seen anyone skate as fast as you." he told her.

"You skate fast too."

"Not like you."

"Thank you."

He laughed at how she wasn't good at handling compliments about her. "You're not good at taking compliments." he stated.

"Yeah, I don't believe it."

"Why not? You can't seriously not believe people's compliment about you when you can clearly see how true it is." He told her.

"I do believe in what they're saying what I don't believe in is their sincerity."

He nodded agreeing at her. "I'm gonna lift you up." he warned her as he start to lift her and she automatically wrapped her legs carefully around his waist then he spin them around and circled the rink. She was giggling the whole time having fun being lifted and spin around.

"No one has ever done that to me before." she revealed as he put her back down on the ice still holding each others hands.

He looked shocked, "Not even your brothers or dad?" he asked.

She shook her head 'no'. "No one actually taught me how to skate. All I remember was my uncle putting me on the ice and telling me to push the chair around the rink then I learn to skate." she shrugged.

He blinked at her confession. "Wow! My dad at least hold my hand as he taught me how to skate." he shared.

She chuckled at his reaction. "I don't even have any idea what I was doing back then. I'm just following what my uncle told me to do. It was funny to think about it now." she giggled.

"Can you do triple lutz?" he asked her.

She nodded her head, he skated towards the boards as she skate around the rink with a fast speed then did a triple lutz jump effortlessly. He clapped his hands meeting her in the middle of the ice amazed by her jump.

"It look so effortless."

"Thank you." They continue to just skate around holding hands.

"I'm just curious, you seem to be so close with Jeff Skinner." he suddenly brought the topic.

"We've been friends since were kids. My uncle was our coach back when he still figure skate." she told him oblivious with his jealousy over Jeff Skinner.

"You keep in touch till now?" asking her deeper about her friendship with him.

"Yeah, we do."
_________

Interview Room with Sidney Crosby

"It's just pure curiosity why I asked Cassy about Jeff Skinner. I'm not jealous of him I got really curious about their closeness since I saw pictures of them together." he admitted.

________

Iceoplex (Pittsburgh)

"Are you hungry?" he asked her after a little while.

She nodded. "Yes."

They get off of the ice put on their skate guards then went to the changing room to change back to their street clothes to eat lunch.

After changing they droved to a nearby pizza parlor for lunch. There was only few people he requested to be seated in the far corner of the parlor.

"What flavor do you want?" he asked her looking at the menu.

"Hawaiian pizza."

He told the waitress their order and started talking after she left.

"You'll be flying back to Michigan on July 3 , the same day of our next date?" he asked a little disappointed at the short time they will be spending together that day.

She nodded. "Yeah, I will."

"When are we going to meet up again?"

She shrugged answering, "I don't know."

He nodded his head. "I'll cook breakfast for us that day at my place then we can watch movies afterwards." he suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." she agreed.

"I'm not a good cook though, so don't expect too much." he told her in advance.

"I can help you cook." she offered smiling.

"You can also cook?"

"A little." she answered.

Their order arrived and they started eating their pizza.

"I got a scheduled event I need to attend tonight. I really want you to come as my date but we can't do that yet." he said.

"It's okay. Do you need to leave now?" she asked.

He shook his head, "Not yet, still got a few hours to spend with you." he smiled at her.

She smiled back, "What are we going to do next?" she asked.

"Some of the guys are at Flowers right now. You want to hang out with them? Your brothers are there too." he suggested.

"I don't know. Isn't that like your bonding time together? I don't want to be like a third wheel there. If you want to go, it's fine though." she answered.

"If don't want to then we're not going."

"Maybe next time. Let's plan a time to hang out with them." she amended.

"What's the plan now?" he asked her.

"Hmm." she hummed as she rest her chin on the back of her hands.

"You look so adorable." he said without thinking as he stare at her.

She laughed thanking him for his compliment. "Let's just hang out at Cedric's place." she said laughing.

"Poor Cedric's place being violated too much." ha laughed.

"Oh! He told me that if we're going to look for our own house make sure it's near his place." she told him what her brother said.
____________

Studio

"She shouldn't have said that." Cedric whined.

"Your place is always on every episode." Myra said.

"Good thing Cassy clean up my place." he laughed.
___________

Pizza Parlor (Pittsburgh)

"Let's call him first if it's okay." he pulled out his phone then looked for Cedric's number at his contacts when he found it he hit the call button. The phone ring three times before he answered it.

"Hello!" he answered loudly over the noise of the guys on the background.

"Hey, Cassandra and I will hang out at your place for a while. Is that okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure. Cassy knows that I'll be home late tonight."

"Alright bye." he hung up the phone not waiting for Cedric's goodbye. "Let's go then?"

She nodded her head then they get into the car to drive to Cedric's place.

"Let's watch Up." he said out of the blue as they drove.

"Okay." she agreed.

Arriving at the condo Cassandra practically went to the DVD shelf searching for Up. Sidney came up behind her and reach above her head for the DVD.

"It's right here." he said to her ears.

She turned her head slightly there eyes met and their lips just breath away from touching but she looked away blushing and stepped out from being caged by the DVD shelf and Sidney.

"I'll get us some popcorn. What drink you want?" she asked not looking at him.

He cleared his throat and answered, "Coke will be fine."

She disappeared into the hallway leading to the kitchen. He put the DVD in the player and pause it waiting for her to come back to the living room.

When she show up from the kitchen she got two backs of popcorn and two bottles of coke in hand. He stood up to take the bottles from her and place it to the table she sat down next to him but they didn't cuddle up maybe it was too early for that. He took the remote and hit the play button and the movie started.

"South America, It's like America but South." Cassandra mimicked Ellie's dialogue at the movie making Sidney laughed. She glared at him making his laughed harder.

A few minutes later she hugged her legs and rest her chin on her knee as she silently cried when Ellie died. She looked at him and saw that his eyes are also misty but obviously fighting the tears.

"I told you, it will made you cried." she told him while sobbing.

He looked at her not knowing what to do as she sobbed. "You okay?" he asked worried.

She nodded her head. He found himself enjoying the movie more than he expected, which made his smile then he looked at her thinking about Ellie and Carl's love story.

Later, when Carl looked at Ellie's scrap book seeing their life together and the message she left for him, she cried harder.

"I'm such a mess." she said laughing as she cried when the movie ended.

"You still look beautiful." he assured her.
___________

Studio

"How can she still look pretty while crying, I have no idea. How unfair can life be?" Myra complained.

The commentators laughed at her.
_________

Cedric's Condo

She smiled at him wiping her tears.

"I should go now." he told her sadly.

"Wait there's something I'd like to give to you." she said picking up her backpack then pulled out a box wrapped in blue gift wrapper. "I felt bad that you gave me a gift on our first meeting and I didn't get you anything." she explained.

"Thank you." he took it. "Can I open it now?"

"If you want to."

He tore the wrapper and open the box, inside it was a picture frame of him holding and kissing the cup. He seen a lot of pictures of him hoisting the cup in the air but never seen this one and it's the best shot of him and the cup. "Where did you get the picture?" he asked.

"I watch the Stanley Cup finals live and I took pictures. I'm very surprise to when I saw that shot." she told him.

"Wow! This shot is really good." he said.

"Thank you." she smiled knowing he liked the gift she gave to him. "You're going to be late for the event you have to attend." she remind him.

"Right!" he put it back to it’s box and into his bag then stood up heading to the door. "See you in three days!" he told her.

She nodded her head "See you till then." she lean into the door and wave goodbye as he walked to down the hallway she watched him till she couldn't see him anymore then she closed the door.
_____________

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me a very long time writing this because of how busy school was in the pass few days and i'm also busy with my social life watching Les Miserables and Dream Kpop Fantasy Concert! My weekend went really well as planed i hope yours too! Enjoy!

I've been slowly stating to write a story about Jonathan Toews participating in We Got Married as well but my thought are still scattered around so i'll try to organized them first...