Sequel: We All Roll Along
Status: Completed!

We Only Breathe For So Long

So We Meet Again

Yesterday was the most exhausting day I’ve ever had in my life. It was the band’s book launching and thank goodness it’s over! As soon as I got home, I just dropped dead on my bed and slept. I didn’t even bother to get changed; I was too tired to do such.

I woke up early because of the cold. Today was really, really cold. Everyday was cold but I was freezing to death while sleeping with two blankets and the heater was on. I checked the temperature outside on my phone and it showed -5°C. The cold temperature only made me feel lazy. I didn’t want to get out of bed nor go out to meet up with John. As I was about to go back to sleep, my phone vibrated on the nightstand. I picked it up and it was a message from an unknown number.

Meet me at one where we first met. – John

I smiled. I don’t know why I did but whenever I thought or said his name, my lips would automatically form a smile. I felt frustrated. This guy that I barely knew had such a strong hold on me. Whenever I was around him, I’d feel like a ticking bomb filled with wires as if any move he did could blow me up into pieces. Instead of being normal and looking around as I always did, I’d look to the ground - afraid to look up and find his green eyes looking at me. If I did, I wouldn’t be able to shift my eyes to another direction. I’d just keep on staring at him and my body would want to get closer to his. Today I was determined to control myself and just be me. I was going to be seeing him a lot since I had to attend his shows with Sophie so I had to get used being around him.
I turned around once again to try and sleep but I was interrupted with a loud knock on the door. It was Sophie. She was still wearing her pink pajamas but her eyes were wide-awake.

She sat down on my bed. “Mom and Dad left for breakfast. That leaves us home alone!” she grinned.

“What would you like to do Miss Scarlet?” I asked her.

“I don't know. Um, maybe we could just stay in bed and talk. It’s too cold to stay out of the covers,” said Sophie as she crawled her way in my bed and underneath the multiple layers of blankets.

I sat up a little. “So, how’s school?”

“Ah, you know… it never changes. It’s high school. There are idiots all around and girls who think they’re all that,” she said with a low voice.

“Don’t worry, you’ve got what… Two years left? It’s going to pass fast and college is nothing like it,” I assured her.

“Good. I hope so.”

“Any boy in particular?” I asked.

She smirked. “Besides Kennedy?”

I laughed. “You like him a lot, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” she replied.

“But how can you? I mean… you barely know him. Watching interviews and reading his tweets isn’t enough to know somebody.”

“It doesn’t matter if I know what his favorite color is or not. It’s not about facts. You can’t know everything about a person or else what will there be to talk about and share when you’re together? Nothing. It’s about how you feel around them,” she said.

Wow. She’s freaking sixteen and she says something like that. I never really thought about it in that way. While she was speaking, I thought of John. I didn’t know him at all but I felt all fuzzy inside around him.

“You’ve got a point there doctor Phil,” I joked.

She chuckled. “Greg is nice though.”

It was a very random thing for her to bring Greg up. It could only mean one thing: she liked them both.

“Looks like they’ll have to fight for you. How old is Kennedy anyways?” I asked.

“He’s twenty-four.”

“Okay, he’s totally out of your league! Greg has a more suitable age. He’s 19. He’s still quite old for you but it’s okay. You’re pretty mature for your age.”

“Thanks,” she smiled. “What about you and Eric?”

I was caught by surprise with her question.

“Um, what do you mean?” I asked perplexed.

“C’mon. You guys are always laughing and smiling around each other, not to mention the constant looks between you two,” she said while throwing a pillow at me.

I raised my arms to protect myself from the pillow. “We’re just friends, I guess. I got to go out to solve some things though, will you be ok on your own?”

She nodded her head.

I got up and trailed off to the bathroom to take a hot shower. I felt like a penguin after I got dressed since I was wearing so many layers of clothing. I was wearing a peach hoodie and I had white skinny jeans on to match my white converses. I wore a long sleeve shirt beneath my hoodie and a light denim jacket on top of it. I wore a brown scarf and my brown leather messenger bag. I put my cellphone, wallet, documents and iPhone inside of my bag. I let my hair loose for a change. As I walked back into my room, Sophie was fast asleep in my bed.

I had to leave earlier since my bike was broken and the adults were out. I had to walk all the way to that little commercial center 20 minutes away. I decided to check my e-mails first though. I carefully sat down not to make any noise and switched on my computer. I checked some e-mails and replied back to the ones my dad sent me. I then got up and took a hot shower. I felt like a penguin after I got dressed since I was wearing so many layers of clothing. I was wearing a peach hoodie and I had white skinny jeans on to match my white converses. I wore a long sleeve shirt beneath my hoodie and a light denim jacket on top of it. I wore a brown scarf and my brown leather messenger bag. I put my cellphone, wallet, documents and iPhone inside of my bag. I let my hair loose for a change.

I stepped outside and I almost chocked with the icy cold atmosphere. It was snowing a lot so I quickly went back inside to fetch an umbrella. I opened it with difficulty; it was an old transparent umbrella. I started walking towards my destination as fast as I could.

The place looked even smaller since the pavement was covered in snow. I scanned the place in an attempt to find a tall lanky guy. I smiled once I laid eyes on him. He was standing against an old, white pickup truck. He did not know I was there yet so I used that to my advantage. I observed him from afar. A black beanie was covering his sandy brown hair. He wore jeans, gloves, a scarf and a black coat that reached up to his knees. He calmly watched people walk by.

“Hey,” I said as I walked my way towards him.

He was caught by surprised and quickly turned his head around with an alert expression. His face softened as he noticed it was me. “Hey,” he grinned. “Do I know you?”

I stopped walking halfway. “I’m afraid not. I’m Kylie,” I told him through a smile.

He completely turned around and walked towards me. “I’m John, nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” I couldn’t stop smiling.

“I never thought you were the stalker type,” he smirked.

He definitely knew I was watching him before walking over to his truck.

“I didn’t think so myself,” I laughed.

“Ah, it’s okay. We all have that urge when it comes to good looking guys,” he said while walking over to his truck. “Wanna go for a ride?” he said while opening the passenger’s door.

I laughed. “I’d like that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Some more of John! He'll be in the next two chapters too.

I'm only going to update once I get some feedback and you guys let me know yours thoughts ok?

Speak up. Well, type up. Comments don't bite, so please leave one or two! x