Status: I will update periodically.

Break Your Little Heart

Ch. 1

I was woken up by the loud, pestering buzzer of my alarm clock. Quickly switching it off, I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I looked outside. It was still dark. My clock read 4am.

I pulled myself out of bed, and struggled over to the mirror. I still couldn't see straight and my eyes burned. It took forever to fall asleep last night. My mind was a never ending stream of badgering thoughts.

Because today, I started my new job. The job I had been dreaming of.

I was going to be a roadie for Warped Tour.

Now, most little girls didn't dream of carrying equipment around, and setting up for bands, but I had always loved music. And I always will. But I discovered early, I had no musical talent myself, but always wanted to be involved in the music industry. I loved the whole scene of it. I loved the energy, and I loved the family qualities of the scene, the "Warped Tour" scene in particular.

Every year I went, everyone seemed to come together as a family. And that's what I wanted.
And that's what I was going to get.
If I finally managed to get myself dressed and down to the first loading station of the tour buses in the next hour and a half.

And that next hour and a half flew. But thankfully I was there on time.

There were buses as far as the eye could see, and the sun was finally coming up. You had to get an early start or else you'd die from the heat. I made my way through the busy people loading the buses. There were guitars, in all shapes and sizes, drum sets, microphones, amps. It was all so beautiful, and everything I had imagined.

After a few minutes of aimlessly venturing the loading station, I was approached by a woman holding a clipboard. She had bright pink hair, styled up, and bright blue eyes. She was beautiful. Her arms were covered in tattoos, all beautifully detailed and colored. She belonged here, no doubt.

"Now, here's a not so familiar face." She said cheerfully, greeting me with a warming smile.
"What can we do for you?" She asked. I smiled.
"Hi.." I said "I.. I'm Madison. I'm.. new here. I'm.. one of the new roadies." Her eyes lit up.
"Oh!" She said "Perfect! We've been expecting you. Here you are." She said, handing me the clipboard.
"What I need you to do is to check the inventory of these 5 buses, and then make sure everything is locked and loaded by the time we are ready to head out." I looked through the list and smiled back up at her.
"Thanks.." I said, trailing off. She smiled.
"My name is Alice." She said. I nodded.
"Alice. Nice to meet you, Alice." I said.

"Nice to meet you too, Madison."