Status: Chapter next is on its way!

The Amazing Tale of a Giraffe

Foreign, Explained

Hahaha, you're a stupid lion, Toufik. So very stupid. Becoming friends with a giraffe...Oh...what a chuckle.
Oh...yeah...

"-and there are rocks coming out of the ground! The animals call them mountains! They're huge! Much bigger than the mountains here! And some of them are purple! And giant! And then some of them are green, blue and orangey! Oh, doesn't foreign just sound wonderful?" Toufik explained with too much emotion for his small body to handle (He was jumping all over and skipping around).

"Okay I THINK I get it, Toufik," Ronaldo said, getting a little irritated with the small lion. The gir rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well...
"Doesn't it sound amazing?!" Toufik talked again.

"Sure," Ronaldo agreed, just to get the animal to shut up.

"Oh my goodness, that's where I want to go one day! To foreign places! I'll have the most funnest stories in the world and all the other cats and animals will always be asking me to tell them and I'll be the famous traveling cat, Toufik! I'm gonna' everywhere!"

Ronaldo looked down at Toufik, unsure of what to say. There goals were a bit similar. Actually, really close. So close that it was weird. That was way too close for Ronaldo, but suddenly it made the gir relax.

"Sounds like fun, Toufik. You know, I'M going adventuring. We could maybe go together," Ronaldo suggested.

"Reallly? You would let me come with you?! OH MY GOSH RONALDO THIS IS AMAZING."

"Huh-hold on now..."

Toufik was running around the area, jumping, sprinting, playing with tan tumbleweeds, and climbing various objects.

"OH MY LEAPING LIONS RONALDO THANK YOU SO MUCH I WAS WANTING A FRIEND TO GO WITH AND NOW I HAVE ONE THAN YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE AMAZING AND WE'RE GOING TO HAVE ALL THE FUN IN THE FOREIGN WORLD POSSIBLE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Friends?

George and Hughse are Ronaldo's friends. This was all coming too quickly.

Were all small lions like this?

The late afternoon sun shone on the two four-legged animals. This was lasting too long for Ronaldo.

"Well Toufik, nice to have you on board. But we should get going, there's a lot to see, I think. A lot of foreign. And I'm hungry. And I didn't eat since yesterday. So can we get going?"

Toufik immediately turned to face the giraffe.
"OH YES DEFINITELY!" he squealed with excitement. "I'LL EVEN GO GET YOU SOME FOOD RIGHT NOW OH AND IT WILL TASTE REAL GOOD TOO! OUR FIRST MEAL TOGETHER! C'MON!"

Ronaldo stared star struck at the dust clouds the small lion kicked up. He blinked quite a few times before ddeciding that he should probably follow the small lion before Ronaldo lost him.

The gir didn't know what to think of the small lion yet, but so far Toufik had surprised, scared, angered, made curious, and irritated Ronaldo while filling his head with strange ideas of 'foreign'.

But the gir's gut told him to trust Toufik, and so he did.

"Ronaldo!" Toufik exclaimed, walking towards the giraffe trying to catch up. There was a brown, dirt colored mouse sort of thing dangling from his mouth.
"I've got us a me-al!" he sang.

With quite a soft thump on the soil, the 'cat' dropped the mouse down and sniffed it in delight. It all repulsed Ronaldo.

The smell...is really bad. And that doesn't look like an adequate amount for the both of them...And why would Ronaldo eat a mouse? That mouse could've been trying to go on an adventure too. This was so wrong.

"Toufik, we can't eat that," Ronaldo fianlly said.

"Why?" the small lion asked after a mouthfull of light pink, foul, squishy-sounding flesh went down his throat. The sight made the gir's stomach queasy.

"That's not right. It's gross. That's..." but he couldn't even say it. It was just too much. Too disgusting to even think.

"Well, clearly, I'll just have the rest of this yummy morsel that I expertly caught inbetweent my two front paws like only the best cats can and then you can catch your own mouse. But, I can definitely eat this, so I don't know what this 'We can't eat that' is all about," Toufik lectured.

Now Toufik just sassed Ronaldo. But the gir didn't really care because all he could think about was getting away from the dead smell that trickled up from the dead mouse that was getting hot from the sun coming down and the ground that was already hot.

Walking away a little light-headed, Ronaldo looked up, stretching his tired neck to its normal position and let the spit covered in the stench of the mouse fall out of his mouth. That was disgusting. They weren't going to be able to share the same meals together if this was how Toufik was going to be eating.
"That's extremely nauseating," the giraffe said quietly to himself.

The wasn't as bright in the late afternoon, but it was certainly strongly tinted yellow, spraying everything with a mild light yellow color: the yellowed leaves, the sandy dirt, the green bushes, the dead bushes, the gray tree trunks, Ronaldo's four legs, the insides of the mouse, the gray wall especially. It wasn't an unfamiliar sight to Ronaldo, this was about the time that all the girs would be playing hide-and-seek. That game was fun. Maybe Toufik knows how to play hide-and-seek...

There was a pain ringing in Ronaldo's stomach now. He hadn't really eaten well yet. Maybe...

He looked around, pulling his head high in the air, scanning around for theperfect tree with lush green leaves, the color of perfection. This wasn't a dark bush green, it wasn't even the poor yellow-green of the short grass-most definitely not the yellow of the tall grass. It was green. Perfect green.

But the giraffe didn't spot any perfect green leaves whatsoever, so he settled for trotting over to the darkest leaves he could find. They were a little ways away, and Ronaldo wandered farther from the crooked gray wall with the random holes.

As Ronaldo was chewing the last healthy bits of leaves in his mouth, Toufik came cantering up to Ronaldo with his head swinging from side to side like there was some rhythm in his mind that only he could hear.

"So Ronaldo, ready to go?!" cheered Toufik. It was late-late afternoon now, the sun giving off more yellow rays than before and becoming less bright.

While chewing, Ronaldo spoke to the small lion, "Yeah."

"Good! Huzzah! Onward! To the foreign places!"

Ronaldo gave a small smile as they walked leisurely in the same direction as before but more diagonally away from the wall where the giraffes were leaving group by group.
♠ ♠ ♠
"AARRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!" - Pterodactyls saying "Comment!"