On the Run

Zayn Malik

As Rory laid there, tucked under the blankets with Zayn, she couldn’t help but worry. She was terrified that something would happen to the beautiful raven haired boy, and that no matter what she said to Louis he would still try and kill the man she loved. She leaned forward, pressing her lips softly to Zayn’s as he laid there. She knew he wasn’t really asleep, and her suspicions were only confirmed when he opened his eyes.

She pressed her lips together, feeling tears sting them for the first time since the sentencing at the thought of Zayn going to sleep and never waking back up. If she couldn’t feel the way he held her so tightly, kissed her so softly, and made love her so passionately, she didn’t think she’d have many other reasons to live. He saw worry cloud her eyes and pulled her close, nuzzling his face in her hair.

“Rory, it’s alright.” He whispered, combing his fingers through her feathery hair. “Everything is going to be alright.”

“If Caroline hadn’t been there you’d be dead Zayn.” She whimpered. He could feel her hot tears against his chest and only gripped her closer. “I’ve been putting you in danger this whole time. I’m so selfish.” He pulled away, gently tilting her head up until their eyes met. When he saw how blurry they were with tears he kissed her forehead softly, needing to make her know it was going to be okay.

“Rory.” He murmured, his eyes locked on hers. “If anyone’s been putting anyone in danger it’s me. I should have never got you mixed up in any of this.” He pressed his forehead to hers, the honey brown of his eyes meeting the ocean blue of hers. “But I do know one thing. No matter what Louis, or the Viche, or anyone else tries to do, I will never let anyone take you away from me.”

“Zayn.” She whispered. “I love you.”

“I love you too Rory Tomlinson.” He promised, hugging her close. “And we’re going to get out of this, I promise.”

▲ ▼ ▲


“So, we’ve decided the best thing to do at this point is to split up.” Louis said, looking at the group of them. He hadn’t said anything to Zayn yet, and the raven haired boy knew it was only because Louis probably didn’t want an audience for their confrontation. So Zayn took advantage of it, his arm around Rory’s waist as Louis glared at him.

“It’d probably be best for everyone to stay in groups of two or one.” Harry said, taking over for Louis. “Any groups larger than that will draw too much attention to themselves.”

“Alright, I’ll go with Gianna.” Niall said after a small silence. She looked over at him and smiled, but Zayn and the others knew the blonde would most likely be dead in a matter of weeks. Enzo might give up on finding them, but he’d never stop looking for his daughter as long as there was air in his lungs.

“I’ll stick with Ann.” Liam said, his eyes moving over the small brunette, who was smiling wickedly at him. It didn’t take a genius to guess the two had fucked Zayn simply chuckled as he looked at Rory.

“I’ll go with Zayn.” She said simply. Louis seethed a bit at that, and after he had announced he was going with Caroline and Harry was flying solo, Louis all but stormed over. His eyes were dark as he glared at Zayn, everyone except him, Zayn, Rory, and Caroline having cleared out.

“How long?” He demanded, looking between his sister and his employee.

“Remember when I got shot on the Raymond job?” Zayn asked. Louis nodded and he sighed. “I went over to your place to ask you what to do, but you weren’t there. Rory patched me up and…” He bit his lip, not exactly thrilled about telling Louis that he had almost left Rory unable to stand the first night they officially met. However, Louis put two and two together and turned to Rory.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I knew you would kill him.” Rory whispered, reaching over and taking Zayn’s hand. “And I refuse to let that happen. I love him Louis.” Louis let out a long sigh, running a hand through his hair. He opened his mouth to speak, but Caroline put a hand on his shoulder. He spun around, looking at her.

“Did you know?” He asked. Caroline nodded and Zayn bit his lip, hoping they wouldn’t have a repeat of the other night.

“I found out a few months ago when I saw him sneaking out of Rory’s bedroom when I came by and you were on a job. She begged me not to tell you Louis, she said you two worked together. I thought Zayn seemed like a nice enough guy, and it was obvious he was crazy about her, so I kept their secret.”

There was a tense silence as Zayn walked over, putting a hand on Louis’ shoulder. He then turned to Rory and Caroline. “Can you give us a second?” He asked. They nodded, Rory looking concerned as Caroline walked her out. Louis looked up at his assistant and Zayn thought about bringing Rory back in, but refused to use her as a human shield.

“So… you two have…?”

“Yeah.” Zayn said, licking his lips nervously. “Look Louis, I love her. I swear I’ll keep her safe, nothing will happen to her.” Louis sighed, nodding.

“I guess this, um, makes us brothers then.” Zayn cocked an eyebrow and Louis glared at him. “No one fucks my baby sister unless marriage is somewhere in the future.” Zayn chuckled and, for the first time, Louis smiled at him. It was a weak smile, but it was a smile nonetheless.

“You two stay safe alright?” Zayn said, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

“Yeah, you too. And if you knock her up I swear to Christ you had better sleep with one eye open.” Zayn nodded and Louis stuck out his hand. “It’s been a pleasure working with you.” Zayn shook Louis hand, both giving the other a small nod.

“You too.” They both gave each other another nod before walking out, each grabbing the girl they loved as they got ready to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWW.
So it looks like Louis won't be killing Zayn
but will their plan work?

oxoxoxox
LS