On the Run

Zayn Malik

As they sat in a suffocating small, dark room Zayn gripped Rory to him, desperate to make her stop shaking. He wanted to yell at her, demand to know why she didn’t stay hidden back at the hotel, but he already knew the answer. He knew that if it had been him in Rory’s shoes he’d have done the same thing because he loved her, and she loved him right back. He would never let her out of his sight, and that was why she would never let him out of hers.

So as the six by eight hole they’d been thrown into seemed to close in around them he just buried his face in her soft, feathery hair, kissing the top of her head. He had her pulled into his lap, cradling her like a child as she gripped him, trembling. “We’re going to die, aren’t we?” She finally whispered. “And when Louis and Caroline come to find us, they’ll be killed too. And when they find Harry and Ann and Liam and Niall, they’ll all be killed too. All of us except Gianna are going to die.” He sighed, kissing her forehead.

“Not if I can help it.” He promised. She looked up at him, her blue eyes calling his bluff as he pressed his lips to her forehead again. “But no matter what I swear I’m going to get you out of here.” She opened her mouth to say something, but before she could the door flew open, causing both of them to shield their eyes from the three silhouettes against the light. But as his eyes came into focus Zayn felt his stomach lurch as he saw the man before them.

Enzo Mazetti himself.

Zayn hadn’t seen him in person since he’d started working with Louis, and that had been early two years ago now. The tall man was older than Zayn remembered, his once black hair now laced with grey as he scowled at the young hit man. But he was every bit as intimidating, even in his old age as his dark eyes turned steely. With a snap of his fingers the two men by his side pulled Rory and Zayn out of their pit, pinning their hands painfully behind them as Enzo finally spoke.

“Well, Zayn Malik. I haven’t seen you since you were a little boy, begging me to join the family.” He cocked his head to one side, smirking wickedly. “How’s your old man doing?”

“He’s dead and you know it you bastard!” Zayn hissed.

“Watch your language Zayn, we’re in the company of a lady.” Enzo said, clicking his tongue in disapproval. He walked over, tilting Rory’s head up gently and causing Zayn to seethe.

“Don’t touch her!” He roared. Rory was shaking again as Enzo let his eyes move over her before smiling softly.

“You do look exactly like your brother Miss Tomlinson.” He said, smirking. “So does he know about you and Zayn fucking behind his back?” Rory and Zayn’s eyes went wide as Enzo chuckled, knowing the question on both their minds. “Nothing of interest goes on without me knowing about it. And one of my rising hit men sleeping with his boss’ sister, knowing he could be killed for doing so, is definitely of interest.” He then stood back up, letting go of Rory’s chin. “So are you just exceptionally good, or do you just let Zayn do whatever he wants with you?”

“Shut up!” Zayn hissed.

“I bet he’s very dominating in the bedroom, given his job. Does he make you call him sir and tie you up or some shit like that?” Enzo chuckled. Rory was bright red, still shaking as Zayn glared daggers at Enzo.

“No.” Rory finally said quietly. “Zayn took the risk because he loves me-”

“Trust me, a man like Zayn isn’t capable of love. Have you seen what he’s done to some of his targets? It’s fucking sadistic.”

“Shut up Enzo!” Mazetti simply smirked at Zayn, leaning in close to Rory to whisper in her ear.

“Did he ever tell you about what he did to his own father?”

“SHUT UP!” Zayn screamed. Enzo nodded to the man holding Zayn, who quickly gagged him as Enzo turned back to Rory.

“Zayn joined us when he was fourteen because his daddy was in deep with my sharks. He offered me a trade, his life in servitude in exchange for me wiping his father’s slate clean. Being the generous man I am I agreed, even though it lost me almost half a million dollars.” Zayn was seething as he watched Rory, trying to get a read on her, but she was stone faced. “I had him do odd jobs, run drugs, recruit new hires, that sort of thing. But one day he and one of my boys were making a delivery and were jumped by one of my competitors. Zayn somehow got a hold of a gun and took out three guys, keeping the rest at bay until I got some professionals down there. That was how he met your brother actually, right Zayn?”

“Where is Louis?” Rory asked quietly, but Enzo pressed a finger to her lips.

“It’s rude to interrupt.” He said simply. “Now, your brother saw something in Zayn and told me he would make a good hit man if trained properly, so I had him assigned to Louis, who taught him everything he knows. A year passes and Zayn becomes a cold blooded killer, so when he gets a new target, he goes out, business as usual, to kill the poor bastard. Well he sneaks in, busts down the bedroom door and shoots. But when the lights come on, guess who’s in the bed?”

Rory turned to Zayn, her eyes huge as he kept his gaze on the floor. Enzo saw this and smiled, grabbing Rory’s face roughly and forcing her to look back at him. “He killed his own father. I told Zayn I would wipe away his father’s debts, but the old man just acquired more and more until finally I had no choice but to keep him from losing more of my money.” Zayn could see Rory’s hands shaking as her gaze started back towards him, but Enzo gave her face a rough tug. “If he didn’t love his own father enough to spare him, what makes you think you’re any different?” Finally Zayn spat out his gag, turning to Rory.

“I didn’t know it was him Rory.” He whispered. “The lights were out and Louis told me that made it easier, so I wouldn’t have to see them die. Enzo set me up.” His honey eyes turned dark as he looked at his former boss. “He set us all up remember? He gave us that bad bank job!”

“Cry me a fucking river Malik.” Enzo sneered. “I needed the five of you gone for good.”

“Why?” Rory asked quietly. Enzo turned to her, smirking. “Well, I know Payne’s wanted me dead for a long time, that one was simple self-preservation. I hate Styles, he’s a cocky, arrogant little bastard, that one was just for me. I’ve seen Horan making eyes at my beloved Gianna, he obviously had to go. Your brother, well he’s a great hit man, but with you and his bitch around it was too much of a risk. He couldn’t keep his head on right because he was always worrying about you two. And as for Malik,” Enzo looked over at him, walking over with dark eyes. “If he can’t be faithful to his boss’ one rule and stay away from you, how could I know if he’d be faithful to me?”

“So, everything that happened to Zayn and Louis was-”

“Your fault Rory, yes.” Enzo said simply. “And I would have let you all stay in Mexico if you hadn’t dragged my daughter into this whole mess.” He growled. He gripped Rory’s face tightly, causing her to let out a small whimper of pain. “Now where is she?”

“Stop it!” Zayn pleaded. Everyone in the room stopped, looking at him as they all saw the pain in his eyes. “Enzo, Rory doesn’t know where Gianna is.”

“Well we’ll see about that-”

“But I do.” Zayn said quickly as Enzo reached his hand back to slap Rory. Enzo’s eyes darkened and Zayn saw Rory shaking her head, but Zayn had to keep her safe. He knew she might hate him for it, that he would be branded a rat for the rest of his life, but he refused to let one more bad thing happen to Rory.

“Well, where is she?” Enzo hissed.

“You let Rory go first.” Zayn bargained. “Swear that none of your men go near her and she is never so much as looked at by the Viche again.” Enzo smiled wickedly, extending his hand to Zayn.

“It’s too bad you’ve got a soft spot for whores Malik, you could have been one of the big boys.”

“I would never want to be one of you, and Rory isn’t a-”

“You tell me where Gianna is and Rory walks.” Enzo interrupted, pushing his hand further forward. The man behind Zayn released one of his arms, allowing him to reach fro Enzo.

“Zayn don’t!” Rory pleaded. “Don’t get them killed, not for me.”

“I have to get you out of here-”

“Well I’m not leaving you.” She growled, her eyes determined. “If they throw me out I’ll come right back, they’ll have to kill me if they want to keep me away from you.” Zayn looked at her for a long time before a small smile took up his face at her bravery. He turned back to Enzo, smirking.

“No deal.” Enzo seethed before punching Zayn in the gut.

“Throw them back in the hole.” He snapped. But as he saw Rory and Zayn’s smug expressions he let a small smirk fall onto his face. Zayn felt his stomach drop as they were shoved back into the small room, Enzo looking at them as he held the door. “Maybe your brother and his little girlfriend will tell me where she is.”

“NO!” Rory screamed, but her cries were cut off by the door slamming shut, locking them back in the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Zayn!
Come here, I'll hold you

oxoxoxox
LS