On the Run

Zayn Malik

Rory just sat in her room, looking at Las Vegas as it twinkled and shined. She felt hollow as she reached up, feeling the three small stitches on her forehead. When they had started dragging her away from Zayn she’d started throwing punches. She had seen a pistol being held up and the next thing she knew she was home in her and Louis’ apartment. She felt tears prick her eyes at the memory of Zayn’s eyes. He was happy she’d be free, but she’d also seen the fear, the pain knowing Louis had only saved his only blood.

At the sound of footsteps Rory sniffled, trying to hold back her tears. She didn’t have to turn around to know her brother was in the doorway, a broken look in his eyes as he looked at her. “I um, I don’t suppose you’ve changed your mind about coming with me and Caroline?” She stayed silent, fighting back tears as she gritted her teeth. Louis simply sighed at her silence. “Rory I did what I had to, I had to protect you.” She stayed silent. “Zayn would have done the same thing-”

“Don’t you dare say his name.” She hissed, turning to him as tears blurred her vision. “You killed him.”

“Rory,” He pleaded, walking over and reaching out, but she slapped his hand away. “Please, don’t stay here. Don’t do this to yourself.” She was quiet for a long time, gripping Zayn’s shirt in her hands.

“This is where he is Lou.” She murmured. “And I can’t leave him twice.”

“He’d want you to be happy, to come with me and Caroline and be safe-”

“And if I don’t will you pistol whip me again?” She snapped. Louis recoiled, pressing his lips together as she turned away from him. “Just get out.”

“Rory-”

“GET OUT!” She screamed, tears rushing down her face as she looked at her brother. “I will never forgive you.” Louis looked at her for a long time before he let out a short sigh.

“As long as you’re alive, I don’t care.” He murmured. He then reached out, setting a hand on her shoulder. “But I am sorry.” With that he turned, making his way out and leaving her alone.

She loosened her grip on Zayn’s shirt, trying to wipe away the tears that had splashed on it. She felt empty without him holding her, giving her small kisses and whispering he loved her. She wanted him back so much she felt her insides twist and coil at the thought.

She heard footsteps again and looked out the window, fighting back her tears. “I told you to leave Louis.”

“He did.” She felt her heart stop, wondering if she’d lost her mind as she slowly turned, but there he was. Zayn was standing in the doorway, giving her that perfect little smirk. She slowly shook her head, just staring at him in shock.

It was obvious he had gone through Hell and clawed his way back out. His usually flawless hair was disheveled, his face was peppered with stubble and he looked like he hadn’t eaten in days. But she thought he had never looked more handsome as she slowly stood, turning to him. “Zayn.” She murmured. He smiled as she felt a fresh wave of tears as he opened his arms.

“Hello Rory.” She ran to him, nearly taking him to the ground as tears poured down her face. She peppered his face with kisses, gripping him like he’d vanish if she let go. He simply chuckled, gripping her back before they heard Louis’ voice.

“Rory! Rory are you alri-” He froze when he saw Zayn, his and Caroline’s jaws about hitting the floor. Zayn’s entire body visibly tensed and Rory was terrified bloodshed was unavoidable. But just as she was about to tell Zayn not to hurt her brother, he stuck out his hand to Louis. Louis simply looked at the tall, raven haired man in shock. “But I…”

“I would have done the same thing.” Zayn promised.

“But you didn’t.” Rory muttered. Zayn shot her a small glare and she swallowed her words. He then turned back to Louis.

“You protected Rory, and that’s all that matters.” He said. Louis looked at him for a moment longer before he chuckled, shaking Zayn’s hand. He then pulled Zayn in, giving him a tight squeeze before both men stepped back. “Listen, you two should come with Caroline and me.” Zayn sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Well you see, I made a promise to Rory that we were headed to Australia.” Zayn said. Then a devilish smirk took up his handsome face as he winked at Louis. “Besides, I don’t think you want to hear me fucking your baby sister every night.” Rory flushed and Louis’ eyes went wide, but finally he chuckled.

“Well remember what I said.” Louis warned. Zayn simply nodded, leaving both Rory and Caroline looking between the two men. But before either could ask a thing Louis turned to Caroline. “Well, we’d better get going or we’ll miss our flight.” He then walked over to Rory, gripping her tightly. “If he does anything, you know my number. I may be retired, but I will still kill anyone who hurts you.”

“Okay Lou.” She promised, patting his back. She then turned to Caroline, gripping her friend tightly. “Keep an eye on him.” She pleaded.

“I will, I promise.” She then pulled back, squeezing Rory’s hands. “Come visit us once you two get settled alright?”

“I promise.” After a few more tearful hugs Louis and Caroline finally left, leaving Rory and Zayn alone as he took her hands in his. “So, what was Louis talking about earlier?” Zayn simply shrugged, walking her over to the window, looking out on the lights of Vegas.

“Just something I had to do to get his permission to sleep with you.” He muttered.

“And what was that?” She asked. He smirked, turning to her and taking her hands in his, lacing their fingers together tightly.

“Rory.” He whispered. “With everything that’s happened, it’s really shown me everything I’ve done wrong with my life, The Viche, Vegas, gambling...” He then looked into her eyes, the honey brown making her just about melt. “And also the one thing I’ve done right, you.”

“Zayn…” She could see he was nervous and it totally threw her off balance. Zayn was never nervous, not even in the face of certain death.

“Rory, there’s something I have to do. I know it’s not going to make a lot of sense, and that it’s very likely you’re going to be up in arms and tell me I’m an idiot, but I have to do it all the same.” She had no idea what was going on until he slowly knelt down, keeping his hands with hers and looking into her eyes. “Rory Tomlinson, I have to ask you to become Rory Malik. And I hope you say yes.” She just stared at him for a long time, and she could feel his palms begin to sweat. “Please say yes.”

She then sighed, pressing her lips together. “I don’t know.” She teased, looking at him. “I guess I can agree to that.” He beamed, shooting up and taking her into his arms, spinning her around the room and squeezing her tight.

“I love you Rory.” He cooed, kissing her temple. “And I’ll never stop.”

“Good.” She whispered as he set her down. “Because I won’t ever stop loving you either Zayn Malik.” With that he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers, both of them finally free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zayn's getting married
totally a new thing
ha ha ha ha

oxoxoxox
LS