Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Seventeen

Silence felt almost like a stranger to Harper as she roamed the suite, a steaming cup of coffee in her hands. She was so used to the nonsense that came with the One Direction boys. Louis and Harry’s constant play spat’s, Liam’s wise words and then Zayn and Niall being just as loud when they got the chance. They were definitely five of the most unique boys Harper had ever met.

As she past Niall’s open door, she couldn’t help but notice the guitar laid across the perfectly made queen sized bed. Setting her coffee down on the dresser, Harper sat down on the mattress and brought the guitar across her lap.

Since her little jam session with Niall, Harper had dusted off her father’s old guitar and practiced the song until she’d perfected it. She’d planned on showing Niall this; obviously that was a different story now.

Moving her fingers gently over the strings, Harper began to play the familiar chords of The A Team. It had quickly become one of her favourite songs recently and she found herself singing along to the music.

It's too cold outside, for angels to fly.
Angels to fly.
To fly, fly.
Angels to fly,
To fly, to fly
For angels to die


“I see you learnt the whole song” Harper looked up and was met with familiar blue eyes.

“Niall” Harper immediately set the guitar down and stood up “I...I” she tried to explain her actions, but was at a loss for words. Sighing, she went to leave but turned back to look at Niall. “I meant to show it to you, but circumstances change I guess. You’re the one who inspired me to start playing again, so thank you”

Before she could leave, however, Niall grabbed her by the wrist. For a moment the pair just stared at each other before Niall dropped his arm.

“Listen, I’m sorry for how I’ve treated you this past week” Niall told her. “I was hurt and angry”

“You had every right to be” Harper said “I knew you had feelings for me, but I used you anyway”

“Harper” Niall’s voice was low as he spoke. “I spoke to Liam, and he told me about the conversation you two had on the plane. Do you have feelings for me?”

“Look, I’ve never had a serious relationship before, okay?” Harper explained “I’m just not cut out for them”

Niall didn’t reply, instead he cupped Harper’s face in his hands and kissed her. It was nothing like the ones she was used to – rough and full of lust – it was soft and gentle. Harper glanced up at Niall once he pulled away.

“Niall...” Harper began.

“I don’t believe you for a second Harper” Niall told her, his face still close to hers “You’re just afraid to let people in”

“It’s easier that way, love is for the blind”

This was something Harper had believed all her life, she didn’t know why, but it had always stuck with her. Love was unrealistic, unreachable, it was simply something Harper didn’t want to put a part for it to only end in heartache.

“You don’t have to be afraid” Niall put his forehead against hers. “Everybody needs love; otherwise you’re going to end up living a very lonely life”

Niall brought his lips to hers for a second time, and this time Harper responded more. This kiss was different; this kiss had more raw emotion that either of them were used to having. All her worries slipped from her mind as she wrapped arms around Niall’s neck.

Gently, Niall picked up her small frame, whilst Harper wrapped legs around his torso, and laid her on the bed, crawling on top of her. Harper let out a small smirk before attaching her lips back to his, letting her tongue slide against his. She felt his rough hands go up her thighs gripping them tightly as he positioned himself in-between her legs. Their lips dancing with each other as their hands roamed each other’s body much before, but it was different this time. She felt his hands go up her thighs before resting on her stomach creeping under her shirt desperate to feel her skin.

As Niall trailed kisses down her neck, causing a shiver run down her spine, Harper unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it to the floor. Slowly, she ran her hands down sultry chest, making him shudder this time. Niall moaned when Harper momentarily broke the kiss. Smirking, Harper tugged her shirt off her own torso, dropping it next to Niall’s.

Niall’s eye trailed over Harper’s half-naked body, before he gazed into her eyes. Despite being angry with her for the past week, he could never get enough of the girl in front of him. “Harper, you’re perfect”

Biting her bottom lip, Harper tried to contain the massive grin that started to appear. She joined her lips with his again, tangling her hands in his blonde hair as they moved around the bed. With Niall straddling her hips, he got rid of his shirt before leaning down to trail butterfly kisses on Harper’s exposed collarbones and up to my neck. Smiling, Harper traced her fingertips lightly across his biceps and down his spine. It wasn’t long before Niall’s jeans were displaced, Harper’s Victoria’s Secret panties were pulled off and the faint sound of an empty condom wrapper hitting the floor as their bodies melted into one.