Facades

One

May and I have been friends since first grade. I was used to douche bags falling all over her by now. She went through more guys than I did $10 headphones from the drug store. She kept them around until some new shiny boy toy walked by. I had been hassled by her ex lovers countless times. It was all a never ending cycle.

So I assumed the guy that bumped into us at Dunkin' Donuts would just end up being another temporary fling for her or some loser she wouldn't even think about being with.

His hand lightly rested on her arm. "What's your name?" he asked curiously. He was wearing a half smirk as he looked down at her.

May moved her arm away as it was nothing. "None of your business," she responded coldly.

I let out a sigh, trying to ignore them by playing on my phone. When our numbers were called out, I stepped forward to grab our coffees. As I turned back to May, she was glaring up at the guy while he continued to smirk.

"-now if you don't mind, leave me the hell alone. You're an ugly, disgusting pig," she snapped at him. She took her drink from my hand and stormed out of the coffee place.

I laughed up at him, unable to contain it. He frowned at me. "What?" he snapped.

I shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed a straw. "It's always fun watching pretentious guys like yourself get shot down," I replied. I gave him a smile before walking out of the building. May was already waiting by the car, her iPhone out.

The door swung open behind me and a hand tapped my shoulder. "Pretentious? How would you even know if I'm pretentious or not?"

I turned back around to face the guy from inside. "Because you look like you think you're better than everyone else. You think that just because you hit on my friend, she'll drop to her knees for you. You think the world of yourself and it isn't that hard to see," I stated.

He scoffed, his arms folding across his chest. "Whatever. You're just some bitter girl that follows around her friend, doing whatever she wants. You probably don't have a back bone of your own," he scoffed down at me.

His comment instantly darkened my attitude. My back straightened as I stepped towards him. "And you're saying this about the girl that just stood up and told you that you were a pretentious asshole? I'm independent and do whatever the fuck I want. I'm spending the day with a long time friend. Now, if there's something wrong with that..." I poked him in the chest with my finger. "Keep it to yourself."

I turned on my heel and walked back to May. I tried to ignore the fact that my finger felt like it'd just been rammed into a brick wall. Maybe I had underestimated that part. My blood was boiling enough to keep my pride high so I didn't turn back to him. I slid into the passenger seat of the car and buckled myself in.

"I can't believe that piece of scum hit on me," May scoffed as she backed out of the parking space.

I only grunted a response. Whoever that guy was, he needed a reality check. And bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear not all chapters will be this short.