Status: A work in progress :D

Southern Constellations

Sober Thoughts -- Drunken Words

I regretted opening my eyes, as the sun shone brightly in them. I groaned, and turned in my current position. I noticed that Vic was sleeping next to me, his arm draped around my waist. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and slowly climbed out of his bunk. I still remembered the night before, even though I had desperately tried to forget it.

I grabbed my hoodie from the floor, and slipped on my Toms. I walked (more like fell) out of the bus, and grimaced as the hot sun touched my already warm skin. My head hurt like never before, and I was sick to my stomach. I hadn't eaten at all in the last two days, and I felt like something was trying to kill me from the inside out.

I had moved way to fast and my vision became blurry. I almost fell over, before a long pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"Cora? Are you okay? Where have you been? Do you realize how stupid you are?" Justin continued with the string of questions as I used his body for support of my own.

"I'll explain it all later. I just need to eat." I said, slowly regaining my balance.

"Do you realize how scared I was? You idiot." He mumbled.

I chuckled softly, and began walking with him. His arm was around my shoulders, still supporting me.

"Where's Kellin?" I asked, remembering the apology I owed him.

"He's waiting for you. He tried to bring you back to the bus last night, but Vic wouldn't let him," he said, as we approached the SWS bus.

I sighed, and opened the door. As soon as Kellin seen my face, I was engulfed in an almost unbearable hug. His arms were wrapped around my neck, and were in no way letting go anytime soon.

I pulled away, and looked at him. "Kellin, I'm sorry. You were right. I can't do things on my own yet. I was stup-"

"Shut up." He interrupted me, and threw his arms around my neck again.

"Tinika?" I asked, noticing the absence of her usual presence.

"She's with Austin." Gabe verified, standing up from his current seat.

I smiled. "It's been almost twenty four hours. A hug is in order." I said, hugging Kellin and Gabe.

Shortly after, Jesse, Justin, and Jack joined in as well. This was my family. The people that put up with my shit. The people who've always been there for me, even after we said we hated each other. I loved them more than anything in the word.

"I hate to ruin this moment, but I need to talk to Vic." I said, pulling away from everyone.

Kellin nodded, and handed me an apple. "Eat this. Be careful. And don't run away again," he warned, as I walked back outside.

I laughed, and watched the fans swarm outside the venue. We had an hour before the show started, so it was around 2 PM.

As I made my way back to the PTV bus, I noticed Tinika under the Of Mice & Men signing tent, talking to Austin. I grinned, and walked into the slightly cooler air of the tour bus.

I sat next to Mike, who was the only one not rushing around for things at the moment.

I took a sip of his drink. "Whiskey?" I asked.

He nodded. "And your how old?" He chuckled.

I glared at him. "Shut up." I said, before taking another drink.

He laughed at this and poured another glass for himself. "Don't get caught." He warned, smiling.

I grinned, happily at him. "I won't. Promise!" I said, giggling.

I quickly drank the entire cupful, and could already feel the headache weakening.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

The concerts and signings seemed to go by rather quickly. The darkness was slowly taking over the sky, indicating that it was almost time to leave the venue.

"Hey, Kell? Can I stay with Vic tonight?" I asked, staying as far away from him as I could and hoping that he couldn't smell the alcohol on my breath.

He nodded. "Sure. Just be careful." He said, too entertained with whoever he was texting to look up at me.

I thanked him and quickly grabbed my book bag. I threw in some clothes, my phone charger, and shoved the navy blue plush blanket in as well. I'd had it for as long as I can remember, and couldn't sleep without it.

"Bye!" I called, stumbling off the bus, and straight into Tinika.

"Holy shit. You're drunk." She whispered, grabbing my shoulders.

I giggled, and shushed her. "Don't tell Kellin!" I whispered, still giggling.

"You're going to get yourself lost." She shook her head, but laughed a little. "Pierce?"

I nodded and we began walking together. "You're dating Austin!" I yelled, causing her to laugh again.

"No, not yet." A grin fell upon her lips, and she blushed.

•\•\ Vic's P.O.V /•/•

I thanked Tinika for helping Cora here, and laughed at her actions. She was so adorable. The rest of the guys had drank way too much. But I couldn't. I needed to talk to Cora, although it wouldn't be useful now.

We sat next to each other, and she laid her head on my shoulder. The alcohol was very slowly wearing off.

She smiled up at me, her bright hazel eyes luring me in. "Vic, I love you." She said, making me laugh.

"I love you too, Cora." I said, knowing that she meant it much differently than I did....

"Your too sophisticated. Take a drink." She said, handing me a plastic cup half filled with that looked like Pepsi and Jack.

I sighed, and took a small sip. "There."

"Oh, come on Vic! That wasn't anything!" Jaime exclaimed.

I sighed once more, before drinking all of the contents inside.

•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•\•

•\•\ Cora's P.O.V /•/•

Everyone laughed loudly, at Vic's little antic. He was mumbling random song lyrics, and adding random statements in them.

At the moment, I thought that it was one of the most hilarious things ever. Once he had finished singing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga, I made my way over to him.

"That was great!" I joked, still laughing.

He grinned, and pecked me on the cheek. "But not as great as you," he whispered in my ear.

The sound of his voice sent shivers down my spine and raised minuscule bumps on my arms. I giggled softly, as he let his lips graze my cheek, until they finally met my lips.

Jaime, Mike, and Tony were having some kind of drinking contest in the lounge. I was great full for this.

Our lips met once again, but much more passionately this time. He snaked his arms around my waist, and I tangled my hands in his long hair. He pulled me close, our skin much closer than ever before. He was so perfect. You could get lost in his eyes...

•\•\ Vic's P.O.V /•/•

What was I doing? She was drunk. I had had a small amount of alcohol. I couldn't do this to her.

I quickly pulled away from her, and stared into her gold-like eyes. "Cora, I can't do this to you."

"Do what?" She asked, her arms still around my neck.

"I can't take advantage of you." I answered, pulling her arms away, and lacing our fingers together.

"Don't worry, Vic." She kissed me again, but I pulled away. Kellin would hate me. She wouldn't even remember this in the morning. I had to stop this. I do not have feelings for Coraline Quinn.

I cupped her cheeks and gently kissed her nose, before walking to my bunk, and lying there. I stared up at Tony's bunk, trying to decipher what was possibly going through my mind when I had kissed her.

I knew Kellin would never let this happen. I knew he would take her away from me. Kellin's one of my best friends. I couldn't jeopardize our friendship. And I most certainly couldn't jeopardize Coraline.

I turned to face the blank wall, and attempted to fall asleep. I didn't get very far though.

I could feel Cora climb in next to me. I wanted to stop her, but I couldn't. Her presence was so calming, yet exhilarating. She wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I love you," she whispered, her breath on the back of my neck sending chills down my spine.

I tried so hard to ignore her. It was mission impossible. She pulled the blankets over the both of us, and turned so our backs were facing each other.

I do not have feelings for Coraline Quinn.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think so far?! I'm really excited for this, actually. Sorry for the lack of updating. School's been a bitch.
Two comments before the next update.
A special thanks to the commenters;

@ Zirara
@ s3lfish-mach1nes
@ missdemeanorlove
@ ShayWilloughby
@ idratherbesleeping

It means a lot to me, that you took your own time, to post a comment on my story. <3