Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

Fools Gold

Kidnapping.

That's what this was. A bloody kidnapping.

"This is kidnapping."

"You aren't a kid though."

"I am at heart."

"This is adult-napping."

"It's still frowned upon," I grumbled. He looked in thought for a bit before he said, "I prefer the term, surprise adoption."

I let out a snort. "How can it be 'surprise adoption' when I'm legally an adult and didn't agree to it?" When he didn't answer, I grinned triumphantly. "Point proven. You're kidnapping me."

He shot me a quick glare. "Kidnapping is such a strong word."

"It also comes with a strong punishment."

Without another word, he grabbed my phone and switched the song, turning the volume up. My music app obviously hated me, seeing as it went straight into the Snow Patrol station. The song it started playing was the one I found him listening to when he was drunk in the floor of his closet. You Could Be Happy. He had no idea how well this fit us at the moment.

You could be happy
I won't know
But you weren't happy
The day I watched you go

And all the things
That I wished I had not said
Are played on loops
Till it's madness in my head

Is it too late to remind you
How we were
But not our last days of silence
Screaming, blur

Most of what I remember
Makes me sure
I should have stopped you from walking
Out the door—


I immediately used one of my skips and hit the next button. The next song wasn't any better.

i know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody—


Next please. Romeo and Juliet by The Killers. Nope. Next please. Chances by Five For Fighting. Nope. New station. 90s Rock it is!

I wish that I could fly into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragon fly–


"Why do you keep changing the song?" Harry questioned, turning the volume down. He was ruining my favorite Lenny Kravitz song. Nobody did that. I shrugged. "I don't make small talk with people who kidnap me," I replied shortly.

He let out a groan. "I'm not kidnapping you! I'm taking you to my house so I can take care of you while your leg is casted." My eyebrows rose. I knew that wasn't all, but if that was the story he was going to tell me, then whatever. I'll just go back to being a right arse to him.

"Whatever," I mumbled. "I'm tired. Can you go faster or something?"

"Unless you want another broken leg or to die, then no," he replied. He looked over at me as we stopped at a light. "If your pain meds are kicking in or something, just go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get to the house."

Knowing it was rush hour and everyone and their mothers were going to work this morning, I knew it would take a good half hour or so to get to Harry's house in Hampstead. So instead of staying awake and risking an argument with him, I leaned the passenger seat back and pulled my left arm up, resting my head on it. Sleep come soon.

&&

"What are you doing?" I slurred, half asleep.

"I'm carrying you inside," Harry answered. "I didn't want to wake you."

"Put meh down," I slurred. "'M 'wake." He just shook his head with a chuckle. Right after I said that, we entered his massive house. He kicked the door shut and then proceeded to carry me upstairs and take me to bed. Through half lidded eyes, I realized he took me to his room and not one of the guest rooms.

The dark grey of the walls and the black and white paintings gave it away. His matching dark grey sheets and fluffy white comforter were pulled over my person and tucked under my chin, but not before making sure my foot was elevated. The sheets smelt of him, his cologne, and fabric softener. There was this smell he had to him, which may sound weird but he honest to god did, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was a mix between something woodsy and something beachy. It was a smell I would never forget and never be able to get enough of. Which is why as soon as the covers were pulled up under my chin, I grabbed them and pulled them under my nose. Being in a sedated state left me with little to no control over my body, so when I took a deep breath in through my nose, it sparked a small, triumphant smirk on Harry's face.

"Need anything before I go downstairs?" He questioned, trying to hide his smirk. Trying but failing miserably. I gave a half assed nod. "What do you need?"

"Lay down with me." His was surprised, I could tell that even in my sedated state, but he hid most of it well. "I need a proper cuddle."

He stumbled over his words before he finally got out a solid answer. "I'll, uh... I'll lay with you but that's it. I don't want to hurt your leg. Is that alright?" I nodded, feeling accomplished. He toed off his hideous boots and placed that ridiculous head scarf on his dresser before sliding under the covers on the left side of the bed. He laid there stiff as a board. If I wasn't so sleepy, I would've laughed.

"Thanks Har," I mumbled. My left arm slid over and blindly searched for his hand. When I found it, I laced my fingers with his and gave it a little squeeze. His head lolled to the side and he just stared at me with those green eyes of his. I could get lost in those things. "For what?" He mumbled.

"For this. For everything." His eyebrows furrowed. "For opening my eyes and making me realize that true love comes with pain. Lots and lots of pain."

"The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain." —Marvin Jay M. Torres

&&

I could honestly say that the pain I felt in my head, neck, and whole body was worse then any hangover I had ever had. My head was pounding, my neck was stiff, and my whole body felt like I had been laid on the tracks of the tube and been run over by it multiple times in a row. I'll blame sleeping for a solid twenty four hours on my neck being so stiff.

The spot beside me was empty and cold. Harry must've went to the guest room when I fell asleep. Instead of wasting anymore of my time on it, I slowly but surely pushed myself up in the sitting position. It was early in the morning, just hitting eight. So I hobbled over to the wall where my crutches were and put them under my arms before making my way out of the room and downstairs. As soon as I reached the last step, I heard someone softly singing along to The Eagles. And it wasn't Harry. It was a woman.

"Who the heck is here?" I whispered to myself. The singing stopped, but the music kept going. "Harry?"

Anne? Harry's mum? "Anne?" I questioned, peeking around the corner. She was at the stove cooking what smelled like a fry-up. My mouth instantly started watering. Her eyes lit up as I finally stepped into the kitchen and made my way to the bar where I sat down and leaned my crutches against it. "Logan! What're you doing here? What happened to your foot?" She rushed out.

I shrugged. "Your son so kindly kidnapped me." Her eyebrows rose. "And I was wearing heels and running on unsolid ground." She winced at the mention of unsolid ground and heels. She obviously had experience with said things.

"Well, how about a good fry-up to start off your day?" She suggested. "I made more then enough. Harry, Gem, and Robin went to Tesco to get some stuff, but should be back in a bit."

Oh god. The whole family was going to be here. Great. Just what I needed. Especially with them more then likely knowing about what he did and why, and how I reacted. Not that my hair or tattoo was any indication, but I didn't need their looks of pity. What I needed was my foot and unbroken heart back. But I had a feeling that the ladder wasn't going to happen any time soon.

"That sounds delicious," I spoke. "I haven't had any good 'ole home cooking in a while."

A grin that matched Harry's, appeared on her face. I couldn't hold back the smile inching its way onto my face. She started speaking right as the front door opened and bickering met our ears. "You were bloody flirting with the lass!" Gemma exclaimed. "Full on flirting with her!"

"I was not!" Harry exclaimed. "It was polite conversation!"

Gemma scoffed. "Oh whatever! You were showing off those damn dimples and giving her sex eyes! Robin even agreed with me; didn't you Robin?"

"I'm staying out of it," Robin spoke. Good idea Robin. Anne looked away from making everyone's plate and sent me a look of pity. And that look was que for me to get up and leave. I'm not going to lie and say that Harry and Gemma's argument didn't hit me where it hurt. Because it did. Me staying here and letting Harry do all of this was my way of letting him back in. But now it seems like this was a mistake on my part. I let him in not once, not twice, but three times and they had all backfired on me. Stupid me, right?

"Traitor," Gemma said. "You're supposed to back me up, man!" Their footsteps got closer, so I hopped up and headed for the closest place that I could hide away for a bit; the bathroom. "Sorry, Anne. I'm not feeling well, so I won't be eating," I mumbled. With that said, I quickly went into the bathroom and shut and locked the door. The second I shut the door, the three of them walked into the kitchen.

My foot was screaming at me to sit down, so I put the lid down and sat on the loo. Tears clouded my vision as the tiny voice in the back of my head kept telling me I was stupid. I agreed with said tiny voice. I was stupid. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice three times, shame on me. I let my heart do the thinking and not my brain.

"Hey Mum, is Logan up yet?" I heard Harry asked. Anne answered right away. "She was in here right up until you guys walked in the kitchen. She suddenly said she wasn't feeling well and went to the bathroom."

If her answer didn't give away that the Styles' children argument was the reason behind my sudden change in mood, I don't know what would. Harry flirting with a Tesco girl. It broke my heart all over again. My strong exterior was a decoy to how I really was on the inside. I was a fragile girl on the inside. Three raps on the door broke me from my little breakdown.

"Lo? You alright?"

I cleared my throat. "'M fine. Just sick to my stomach."

"You need anything?" He jiggled the knob. "I got some Ginger Ale at Tesco."

Tesco. I had a sudden hatred for Tesco. "I said I'm fine," I replied shortly. He jiggled the knob again, making me glare at the door. "Is your medicine making you sick? Do you have a temperature? I heard that the flu is going around, you might have that."

So now he's worried about me? Now he's remembering I exist? Now he cares? No. Not now. He can't do this. He can't care about me, then go flirt with some random lass and come back acting like nothing happened. I'm not going to keep falling for his stuff. I'm over it. I knew he did that with everyone he met. He flirted and they fell for it. I fell for it. But I don't regret it. It showed me that not every love is meant to be. It showed me that not everyone is who they make themselves out to be.

When I first met him, I instantly fell for his looks. His eyes. His dimples. His smile. His hair. His charm was just a plus. It didn't matter what kind of mood I was in, he could always make me smile. He could make my bad days, better. And my good days, fantastic. When I looked at him, all I saw was him. Nothing else around me mattered. It was only him. When it came to him, I was undoubtedly reckless. I threw all caution to the wind and let my heart take over. My world was Harry and his world was Harry.

"I'm fine." I stood up, grabbing my crutches and swung the door open, rushing past him as fast as my crutches would allow "I just need to lay down."

&&

"I'm literally dying," I croaked into the phone. "I have the flu. My whole body aches. I feel like my body has been run over by the tube multiple times in a row."

"Have you been to the doctor? Do I need to come get you and take you?"

I gave what was supposed to be a chuckle, but sounded more like a gurgling drain. "No, Jax. El took me this morning. I've already taken my first dose of medicine, so you just stay at home, away from me and my diseases."

Lord knows I didn't need him showing up at El's unannounced. Not only would he find out I lied to him, but he'd be right angry with me and El for lying and that I let Harry bring me back to his place. That's an argument I'm trying to avoid at all costs.

"Okay, well if you need anything, give me a ring or shoot me a text," he spoke. "I'll come over in my gas mask and hazmat suit." A knock sounded at the door to the guest room, but I ignored it. It was probably Harry. When I didn't answer, the door slowly opened and in he came. He started to talk, but I cut him off with answering my Druncle. "I'll be fine, Jax. It's just the flu."

"But you've also got a cast on your foot."

I glowered at nothing in particular. "Yes, I know I have a cast on my foot. There's no need to remind me."

"Oh quit your whining. Go take a nap or something. I'm getting off here. Bye, Logy. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

"Was, uh, was that your uncle?"

"No, it was Prince Harry," I replied with a straight face. "I'm moving in with him and we're going to get married and have little ginger babies running around. Your invite to the wedding will be in the mail. Do you fancy chicken or fish?"

The look on his face was a mix between jealousy and anger. He hid the anger well, but when it came to the jealousy, he failed at trying to hide it. And miserably at that. I couldn't hide my eye roll. But then again, I didn't try. "I just came to see if you needed anything," he spoke with an edge.

What happened earlier didn't leave my mind. You were bloody flirting with the lass. It hurt. I'm not going to lie. It hurt about as much as being told my Gramps had passed away. Harry was my whole world. Aside from acting, he was my everything. I would do anything for him and he knew it. Him being my whole world made me blind to my surroundings. And I think, no, I know, that's the reason I didn't catch on to him cheating on me with Taylor. It was one of those things that caused me pain, but I knew it had to happen. It was a life experience that everyone had to go through. Sometimes multiple times, sometimes just once. I was hoping I only had to partake in said event, once. My heart could only take so much these days.

"I'm fine," I replied. "El took me to Tesco and got me some stuff. She'll go get me anything I need."

His eyebrows furrowed. "But I can get you anything you need. You name it and I'll go get it."

My eyes involuntarily rolled. "I think El can do it just fine. Thanks though." It came out bitchier then intended, but if I could hurt him just a tiny bit, it would make me feel better. I may not have been able to hurt him as much as he did me, but any amount of hurt would do for now.

"Did something happen?" He questioned. He moved closer to the bed, making me scoot more into the middle. "Did I do something to make you upset with me?"

There was nothing I could do to hold in the scoff-slash-laugh. "No. You didn't do anything. Nothing at all."

A loud sigh emitted from him. "Is that your way of telling me I did?"

"Nope." He shook his head with a dark chuckle. "You know," he started. "I don't get you sometimes. You go from hot to cold in the matter of minutes. One second you're asking me to cuddle and the next you're being a proper bitch for no apparent reason. What did I do that upset you so much?"

Maybe it was the tone of his voice or maybe it was the amount of medicine the doctors had me on, but I blew. Everything just bubbled over and I lost it. My anger. My pain. It was all out in the open.

"You broke my heart!" I exploded. "You cheated on me with some slag and didn't even bother to break up with me to my face. I caught you cheating on me. And you don't seem to care that you put me through an unspeakable amount of pain. You were my world and your world had nothing to do with me. It was all about you. You forced yourself back into my life and I let you back in and it's backfired on me."

"What do you mean, it backfired on you?" That's all he got out of that?

"Oh my god." I let out a dark chuckle. "You don't get it, do you? I love you. And I always will. I'll never be able to get away from you. Ever. And I'll never be able to give you up, which is why I keep letting you back in. I would do anything for you and you go out and flirt with random girls and don't tell me. It breaks my heart, Harry. You break my heart."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait!