Status: Short little chapters for a short little story :)

Reverie

Chapter One

I remember the first time I heard his name. It was right after a disastrous blind date that my best friend had set up for me. I had just been dropped off in front of my apartment, and I quickly ran through the rain to the door.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I closed my front door and set my purse down. I looked ahead and saw that my best friend and her brother were seated on the couch, watching a movie. Anna, a pretty brunette with whom I share a flat with, looked up at me with a smile on her face.

“How was tonight’s blind date?” She wiggled her eyebrows and grinned at me, trying not to laugh.

Anna paused the movie and nudged the sleeping man next to her, signaling I was back.

He blinked his eyes and stretched his body before looking up at me. “Hey, Gracie. How was it?”

I sighed, throwing myself onto the couch and leaning my head on his shoulder. “Finn, I’ve decided I shall die alone with twenty eight cats.”

He laughed and looked down at me. “So I take it you didn’t have a great night, yeah?” I nodded and closed my eyes. Finn looked over towards Anna. “Who on earth did you set her up with?”

Anna sheepishly shrugged her shoulders. “Well… some guy I met the other day at Starbucks. He seemed fine to me at the time! I’m sorry, Grace.”

I lifted my head and turned to face her. “He certainly wasn’t fine tonight! All I can say is that chivalry is dead, Anna. He was self-centered, rude, and he wouldn’t even open a simple door for me!” I looked at Finn, “A bloody door. Here’s a piece of advice for you: if you choose to act like a total knucklehead towards a girl, opening the door for her just might salvage your date.”

I groaned in frustration and repositioned myself on the couch. “Just promise me you won’t set me up on anymore blind dates, okay? I have accepted my fate in being single forever with you both by my side.”

They both laughed and Anna nodded, “Deal. From now on you can find your own dates as you choo-” she stopped in the middle of her sentence looked off into the distance, a questioning look appearing on her face.

Finn waved a hand in front of her, chuckling lightly. “Earth to Anna, come back to us!”

She slapped his hand away, a mischievous grin appearing on her face.

“I cannot believe I haven’t thought of this before! I must be quite stupid, letting this brilliant idea slip from my mind!”

I narrowed my eyes. “I know I’m going to regret asking this, but what brilliant idea?”

She clapped her hands together and looked at me, her green eyes twinkling with delight. “I promise to never set you up on anymore blind dates, as long as you give me one last try.”

I sighed, knowing she’d get her way no matter what.

“Fine, Anna. What’s his name?”

Anna grinned towards a just as confused Finn. “His name is Logan. Logan Nicholas.”

I stood up from the couch and headed towards my bedroom, shaking my head and laughing softly. “I’m free this Friday, so work your magic Anna!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm super excited for this story! feedback is appreciated :)

-Elsie