Status: Hiatus~

Those Ocean Eyes

Bumping Into Ocean Eyes...

I felt that familiar knot in my stomach, the one that I had grown to despise. I tossed the jumprope by the others and walked over by the machines.

For the next half an hour, I lifted weights. I concluded my workout with forty-five minutes on the elliptical. In my hour and a half workout, I had managed to work up quite the sweat so I began to work my way back over to the women's locker room.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a tall, blond man approaching me. I recognized him from earlier.

"Hey, Amelia, right?" He questioned, a small smile on his face.

I gave my lips a quick lick as I nodded my head.

"Well, I'm Steven. I was wondering if you'd like to get coffee sometime?"

My cheeks flashed a scarlet red before I answered.

"That sounds absolutely lovely, but I- I got out of a shit relationship not to long ago. I'm not ready to," I paused selecting my words carefully, "Start something that I can't give my all."

He moved his head in agreement, "I understand. Friends?" He held his large hand out to me. I gratefully shook it before he asked me for my phone, which he put his number into.

We said our goodbyes, and I finally made it to the women's locker room. I unlocked my locker and grabbed my stuff. I shut my locker and tossed my phone into my bag.

I began my walk out of the building , waving goodbye to Stephanie. The rain had ceased, much to my relief. I strolled down the sidewalk, silently making comments to myself.

It was moments like this where I missed his company most.. He had always understood me better than anyone else. Even my own parents. But he had turned out to be everything I feared.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. "I need to stop thinking about you."

"Who?" A male voice whispered into my ear.

"Holy shit!" I screamed, losing my balance.

I turned to see those damn ocean eyes staring at me above a gorgeous crooked smile.

"You okay, Amelia?" He questioned, offering his hand.

I grabbed it and nodded my head, "Do you often scare the shit out of women you've just met?" I asked, grinning.

"Only the special ones," He winked.

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Actually, I'm walking home. I live in a flat about a quarter of a mile from here."

I gaped at him with wide eyes. His face captured his confusion beautifully.

"If we're neighbor's, I might just die," I joked.

We both laughed and continued to walk. Most of the walk was filled with a comfortable sort of silence.

When we reached my building, he held open the door for me and followed me up.

"Floor?" He asked.

"Third," I stated. He let out a chuckle after he cursed in mock disappointment.

"I'm number 15, you?" I questioned.

"I just so happen to be 18," he grinned. He extended his hand, "Lovely to meet you neighbor."

I shook his hand and grinned. My pocket started buzzing and playing "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran.

"That's my baby sister," I informed Noah, "I gotta take this. But hey, don't be a stranger, okay?"

He grinned back, "I promise that you'll see so much of me that you'll get sick," he winked again.

"Wait, you aren't a serial killer or rapist or anything like that, are you?" I joked.

He thought for a moment, "No, not anymore. Have a lovely day Amelia," he smiled and walked away.

I unlocked my door and answered my phone.

"Milly?! OH MY GOD! IT'S BEEN SO-,"

I cut Amaya off by demanding, "My flat. Now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so not my best and not my longest. This chapter is kind of a cute little filler. Hopefully I'll be able to update by Monday January 21st at the latest :)
I just want to take a second to thank all of my readers, subscribers, and those who have recommended my story! I really never did think that I would get this much response out of one of my stories :)
Goal: 50 readers and 15 subscribers! :)
I love all of you little Party Hardy's! ;D
xoxo, Marissa :)