Status: ON HOLD

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Here I Am, Rock You Like A Hurricane

Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane

Here I am
Rock you like a hurricane

~ Scorpions

___________________________

When Vero found out that Jordan had invited a girl to the game, she was ecstatic. Of course, she didn't know it was all because of a bet to make the girl fall for him, but since he wanted to stay in one piece Jordan and the guys decided not to tell her at all. Though they would have to keep an eye on Marc-André since he had a hard time keeping secrets around Vero.

Losing against the Flyers were always one of the worst losses, and this time it was the seasons very first game. But it was only to move on and do better the next time. When Vero came by the locker room after the game to pick up Flower, her mouth was running non stop with questions and Marc had to practically carry her out of the room and away from Jordan.

He had one of the staff members go over to Hayden's seat and bring her down to outside the locker room. When he had arranged for at Will-Call, giving her a jersey had been a spur of the moment thing, but seeing it on her proved to him that it was a great decision. She was hot as hell and apparently, by the way she looked at him, he was looking pretty good as well. Tearing his eyes from the blonde wearing his number, Jordan looked at the brunette standing next to her and whom Max was already flirting with.

"Who's this?"

Red faced, the brunette looked away from the flirting French-Canadian and presented a shaky hand. "I'm Karen Thompson. Hayden's best friend and a huge Pens fan."

"Jordan Staal, nice to meet you." Jordan said, and shook her hand. It couldn't hurt to be nice to her friend, could it? If anything, being on good grounds with her might help him win Hayden over. Max then regained Karen's attention and Jordan turned back to Hayden.

"What'd you think about the game?"

"It was fun," Hayden kicked the toe of her boot against the floor. "But I'd have enjoyed it more if you guys won. It's been such a long time since I saw a game live. Just the feeling of excitement alone was amazing."

"I'm glad you had a good time. I wish we'd won for you, though."

Jordan gave himself a mental pat on the back when he saw her cheeks tinge pink. Hayden gave him a small smile and he lifted his hand to tuck a stray lock behind her ear, feeling the rising heat from her cheek on his hand. This only made her blush more and she turned away from his gaze and looked over at Karen, who by now was only inches away from Max.

"I- Uhm- I have work tomorrow so we should get going..." Hayden trailed off and nudged Karen to get her attention.
______________

Once the girls drove off, Max turned to Jordan.

"So, mon chere, how's it working out for you?"

"I think you should start preparing yourself for the streaking you're going to do when I win. I don't think it'll be too long if it keeps up like this." Jordan grinned at him and they started walking towards their own cars.

"Don't get too cocky, my friend. You can't see the future, can you?" Max inquired before continuing. "Now, are you gonna tell the rest of the guys or non?"

Shrugging, Jordan unlocked his car and grabbed the door handle. "I think it's better the fewer people knowing about it. What do you think?"

"I think you might be right, mon chere. Besides," he smirked. "This might work out in my advantage as well." Max told him, thinking about ms. Starstruck a.k.a Karen.

They shared matching grins before getting into their respective cars and driving off.
_____________

In a car going in the opposite direction, both Hayden and Karen were silent. Knowing that her friend should have been freaking out right about now, Hayden glanced over at her when she stopped at a red light.

"Are you okay?"

Karen continued staring out the wind shield and said: "I really don't know."

Hayden had barely started driving again when Karen basically exploded. "Oh my God! I can't believe I met Jordan Staal! And I can't believe Maxime Talbot flirted with me!" She also let out a shrill, very fan-girlish scream that almost made Hayden's right eardrum burst.

"Wow! Ow! I know it's a big deal to you, but please, take it easy!"

But Karen didn't listen and only continued with a small dance she managed to do sitting down, and as Hayden tried to make her ear stop ringing she thought back at Jordan.

The bastard's made me blush like a pre-teenaged girl. Fuck him and his fuckin' gorgeous face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone else who watched the Pens - Flyers game yesterday? They actually mentioned Jordy in the swedish commentary.

Title credit: Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions.