Status: Completed

What would I do when I'm so in love with you...

What would I do when I'm so in love with you...

It was their last evening together. Their last evening for 4 months. Tomorrow he would bring her to the airport and she would have to say goodbye. She wouldn’t see her boyfriend for 16 longs weeks.

The young woman stared into the oven. For their last evening she wanted to cook for Dan – at least she tried to. With the help of Jamie Oliver’s book she did her best to create the best lasagna ever, and her first one. Every time she was here and they didn’t go out for dinner he cooked her the most amazing meals.

So this time, she thought, it was her turn although she was bad at cooking.

It was a surprise for Dan. He didn’t know anything thanks to the help of his sister and mum who took him out for grocery shopping so she could prepare everything without him being around.

The scene from earlier came back to her, when Dan’s mum dragged him along for grocery shopping while he struggled to stay with her.

“Mum! I wanna stay here with Kat! You don’t really need me, do you? Just don’t buy too much, the bags won’t be that heavy then.”, he pleaded but his mum didn’t stop.

“Daniel”, she always used his full name when she became serious, “You’re the one who cooks in this kitchen the most and moans about what’s left in the fridge. That’s why you come with us. Now.”

Dan glanced at his sister.

“Sarah! Tell mum I have to stay here!” Dan hoped for her support but she disappointed him as well.

“Sorry, Dan, but mum’s got a point there.”

With a disbelieving impression on his face he turned to her. She smiled at him.

“Go with them. I’m fine here.”

“Come with us.”, Dan insisted but the young woman shook her head.

“I’m gonna pack my stuff. Just go with them. It won’t take hours.” She winked at him and gave him a kiss while she slowly pushed him out of the kitchen.


A smile appeared across her face as she thought back. And she was glad Dan wasn’t around at her first attempt of cooking. She could imagine it all so well, him walking around in circles around her and the oven wanting to help and giving advices. It would drive her mad.

That made her smile even more. She already missed being around him. Those 4 months You Me At Six would spend in the USA for promotion , tour and Warped Tour would become the longest time being apart from him. She was used to only seeing him every 3-4 weeks, that’s what a long-distance relationship could handle, what she could handle. But imagining not be near him for so long almost broke her heart. Even at such a young age of their relationship it got harder and harder every time she had to leave him again.

She sighed and pushed her long brown hair back.

“There’s no time for such thoughts now.”, she told herself, opened the oven and was greeted by a not so bad smell.

She was happy about the result so far. She had finished the dessert, put it into the fridge, set the table and clapped into her hands once as she finally was finished with everything. A proud smile came across her face. Hopefully Dan would like everything.

-

It didn’t take long until she heard the front door open and some babbling followed. Sarah and Mrs. Flint entered the kitchen first and gave Kati a big smile as they heard Dan ask “What’s that smell?”.

He entered the kitchen with two bags in his hands and placed them on the floor, then looked at Kati in surprise. The grin on her face grew bigger as he walked towards her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

“You made that?”, he asked in a low voice putting an arm around her waist.

Kati nodded, not able to speak. His intense look and his shiny blue eyes always turned off her mind. She couldn’t help it.

Dan put his other arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

“It smells delicious.”, he whispered into her ear which sent shivers down her spine.

“Excuse us, you two love-birds, we’re off now, yea? See you tomorrow.” Sarah and Mrs. Flint winked at the couple and left the house.

“Finally home alone, I’d say.” Dan gave his girlfriend a mischievous smile and put small kisses on her neck.

“Mhm.”, she sighed, enjoying his kisses but carefully pushed him away, “The lasagna should be ready. Shall we eat?”

Kati immediately regretted her action when she saw Dan’s hurt expression which changed in a second into a smiling and anticipating expression. She just wasn’t ready yet. And she should feel ready for her first time, right?

Dan, not pushing her into anything, grabbed her hand and pulled her to the table.

“Come on, let’s eat. I wanna know what this nice smell tastes like.”

-

After they finished dinner Dan leaned back in his chair and let out a pleased sigh.

“Ahhh, that was delicious! You should cook more often.”

“No, better not. I leave that to you. It was torture.” Kati laughed quietly but she was glad Dan liked her cooking.

Dan watched the girl in front of him laugh. His girl. Her light blue eyes shone bright and some brown strands of hair fell into her face. He loved her laugh and the way she pushed the lose strands back. She was beautiful to him and he watched her a little bit longer.

As soon as she realized he was watching her she lowered her gaze and shyly smiled.

“What is it? Why are you looking at me?”

“You’re beautiful.”, Dan simply said looking straight into her eyes.

He could see her cheeks turning a slight red which he liked from the beginning. She didn’t feel comfortable to get any compliments as she didn’t know how to react to them, he knew that, that’s why he quickly changed the subject to make her feel more comfortable again.

“How about we get the dishes done and watch some DVDs?”

After putting the dishes into the dish washer Dan took Kati’s hand and pulled her into a hug.

“Thank you, hun.”, he said as he kissed her on her head and hold her tight. The two of them remained in that position for a while. Both enjoyed being close to each other for the last couple of hours.

Then Dan removed himself from the embrace and lead Kati to his room, a grin on his face.

Kati didn’t know what he had in mind and she became nervous. But when he sat her down on his bed and he sat down in front of the TV and his DVDs she smiled to herself.

Why was she scared? She knew Dan would never force her to anything, he always said he would wait and yet she put herself under so much pressure. She wanted him, she wanted to feel him and she loved him – she knew that now for sure.

“So, what do you want to watch? Shutter Island, Inception, The Beach”, Dan started with movies which included Leonardo DiCaprio ‘cause he knew Kati loved Leonardo DiCaprio, “Titanic…on a side note, that one no thanks.” He paused for a moment before he continued going through his DVDs. “Any Harry Potter movie, Sherlock Holmes, The Hangover, Toy Story, The Lion King…”

Dan got cut off by a gentle touch on his neck. He felt a soft hand stroking his neck, followed by a soft kiss next to his ear. He turned around to face Kati who kneeled behind him and just stared at him. Her eyes wandered from his eyes to his lips and up to his eyes again.

Dan swallowed before he started: “Which one…which one shall we watch first?” It was just a whisper as he got distracted by the big blue eyes watching him.

Kati chuckled and shyly replied: “No movies. I…I want something…something else.”. It was only a whisper and right after saying that she dropped her head and looked at her feet feeling slightly embarrassed at what she just said.

She grabbed his hands, stood up and made him stand up as well, then pulled him closer so he could wrap his muscular arms around her which he did without hesitating.

Kati then lead him step by step without losing the contact with him towards the bed and stopped right in front of him and looked up. For a while both just looked into each other’s eyes, not able to say anything or break the eye contact. Passion could be read in both eyes, passion they shared for each other. Dan’s breath got heavier; Kati could see it took a lot for him to hold himself back.

Dan didn’t move. He just stared at his girlfriend. He didn’t want to push her into anything she didn’t fully want or just did to do him a favor. That’s why he didn’t move and just enjoyed being this close to her.

Another few seconds passed in silence as the two of them still stared into each other’s eyes and slowly. Millimeter per millimeter their faces approached until their noses almost touched. Then both stopped again, still staring at each other. Both breaths got heavier and they could feel one another’s breath on their skin.

Dan waited again. He wanted to give her the time she needed but as he felt Kati’s lips crashing down on his he felt relieved. Every time they kissed a firework exploded inside his body and as soon as their lips had touched a passionate yet still shy kiss began.

To intense the kiss Dan grabbed her face while Kati pulled Dan on his shirt onto his bed. Kati moved back onto the bed and Dan followed her until both sat in the middle of his bed, never parting their lips. Both forgot everything around them, it was just him and her in this moment.

Dan’s hands wandered from her face to her shoulders, down her arms and to her waist and stopped there. He lifted Kati so she sat on his lap and he laid his hands on her back just to pull her closer to him. Kati’s hands rested on Dan’s chest.

Then, for the first time, Kati broke the kiss and watched Dan slowly open his eyes. A small smile appeared on his face and with one hand he pushed her hair behind her ear.

He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something but closed it again without saying anything.

Kati noticed that and curiously asked in a low voice: “What did you want to say?”

Dan hesitated but opened his mouth again. “What is that something you want?”, he asked while his fingers wandered down her cheek, to her jawline, down her neck to her décolleté where he stopped.

As if she got caught Kati blushed and dropped her gaze feeling embarrassed. But Dan lifted her chin with his hand to make her look at him again.

“You.”, she whispered. “I want to feel you.”

With that she closed the gap between them to kiss him again, this time more demanding and even more passionate than before but she still was a bit reserved. Her tongue asked for entrance into his mouth and Dan obliged as he opened his mouth to let her tongue enter. A fight between their tongues started which forced the passion between the couple.

They only parted to remove their shirts. A slight moan escaped Kati’s mouth as she touched Dan’s bare chest, his well-formed abs and Dan shifted his weight on her to carefully push her onto the bed and to lean over her without losing contact to her lips.

He lay on her, his legs on the left and the right of her body, when he broke the kiss to put his lips on Kati’s neck and wander down her chest and stomach with small kisses.

Kati giggled, it tickled, and it didn’t take Dan long to press his lips on her again.

She put her hand on Dan’s chest again, stroked it softly and wandered down to his belt.

Her touch drove Dan insane. Those gentle and shy yet demanding touches. He broke apart again to take a breath. Dan held himself up right above Kati to look at his beautiful girlfriend.

“Are you sure with this?.”, he whispered and watched her reaction closely, “We don’t have to if you…”. Kati put a finger on his lips to stop him finishing the sentence.

Her gentle look calmed Dan down and he lowered his head and stopped right in front of Kati’s face.

“Just…just be careful…okay”, she whispered again, a bit of fear in her eyes and voice.

She didn’t have to say that. Dan would never do anything to hurt her. He reassured her with a nod and added a simple “Always.” to it before his lips touched hers again.

Nothing could stop them now and Kati just gave herself to him.