Status: Comments make me update faster ;D

Firsts

Nerves.

Summer.

N had never been more nervous.

Now that he thought about it, he didn’t recall ever being nervous. Even when he was living in the forest with no one but the kind Pokémon whom took him in, he could always rely on lots of fresh berries to eat and a warm Pokémon to snuggle up to in the cold of the night. Then, when Ghetsis took him in, he lived like a king. Well, he sort of was a king, but that was all a lie Ghetsis has made up.

He brushed away the bitter memories of Ghetsis showing him abused Pokémon and doing just that to Pokémon away with stroke of his long pale fingers against his tea green bangs. But now as he walked through the sprawling gardens surrounding his castle, he felt truly nervous. He looked up, and there was another blush colored berry dangling from a tree branch. He smiled and reached a long toned arm up; he plucked the berry with care. Pecha berries did bruise fairly easily.

From behind him, he heard the mixed calls of his Darmanitan and Archeops.

“Hello,” N smiled at his friends, “Did you find any?”

Darmanitan shook his large, round head vigorously and showed his owner the wicker basket slug around his thickly muscular arm, filled to the brim with the heart shaped berry. The fire type was obliviously very proud.

“Great. What about you Archeops?” N said to the brightly colored bird. Archeops cawed happily, dumping all the berries stored in its wings on the ground. The soft fruit fell with a chorus of tiny thuds. N smiled at his joyful Pokémon, although he wished it wouldn’t have dropped all the berries on the ground.

“Good job, we’re almost ready to go. Can you please go find the others?” He said, dropping to his knees to pick up the fallen fruit. They called happily, and then went in separate direction to search the massive grounds.

N was not prone to loneliness like most people. He was perfectly happy with his Pokémon (and any others that would wander into the grounds) and the odd visit from his sisters; but he sometimes yearned for someone else. Someone with lots of soft brown hair and with beautiful eyes would be nice to have around, too. N felt his face flush, and he was sure that it had nothing to do with the summer heat.

That was why he was so nervous. He was going to see her. He wasn’t sure what was happening to him when Touko was near. His hands would sweat like he had held a baby Darumaka all day long when she laughed or smiled and his heart was always beating so fast when he was around her. He had no one to go to for advice either, but he had the feeling that this was feeling that fathers and sons discussed.

N was placing the last of the fallen berries into his basket when he heard the commotion of his Pokémon coming up the lane. N smiled at all of them, and was granted a smile from all but Zekrom, who instead gave a nod. Zekrom was never the affectionate type. N gave a small and sad smile to his friends.

“I’ll have to put you all in your Pokeball’s for the ride. I’m sorry.” He concluded. His team gave brave smiles, but he could hear the sadness in their minds. He’d always been closer to his Pokémon than anyone, and he accounted that to the fact that he could hear the thoughts of Pokémon. Not like a psychic type, more like he could feel their emotions. Almost like strong waves of heat washing over him, except with emotions.

N pulled each respective Premier Ball off of his belt and one by one his friends disappeared with a flash of red light. Left standing on the dusty lane was Zekrom, who looked like he hadn’t noticed that it was singled out. But confusion rolled off like heat from a fire.

“Zekrom,” N said with a small, but respectful bow at the legendary dragon, “Might I ask for you to take me to Nuvema Town?”

The dragon looked impressive and imposing, even compared to its tall trainer. However, the dragon type knew that this trainer had been nothing but kind to him. So the great dragon lowered its head and spread its wings. N gave it a kind smile and a pat on its smooth black head.

“Thank you, Zekrom.”

N climbed onto the slick, shiny back of the legendary Pokémon. He made sure the heaping basket of Pecha, Mago, Razz and Pomeg berries was secure; one arm twined around the handle of the basket, the over around Zekrom’s neck.

“Whenever you’re ready, Zekrom.”

The Pokémon gave a curt nod, before using powerful hind legs to jump into the air. It extended great black wings and a flash of blue light from its tail propelled them higher. Zekrom caught a gust of wind with its massive wing span, and with the feeling of cold wind upon his face, they flew into the sun.

~ ~ ~

Touko’s hometown was, as always, quite.

Except for the wind rustling the tall grass, there was scarcely a sound. It was truly a minuscule little place; in fact N’s castle was larger than the entire town. The only notable feature of Nuvema town was Professor Juniper’s lab, where all trainers got their first Pokémon. There were only a handful of homes here; not even a Pokémon Center. There were just woods, a path that leads to Accumula Town, and a small beach. And for some reason, N could not imagine a more perfect place.

“Zekrom, your presence might cause a bit of a stir. I’ll have to ask you to stay in your ball.” N said regretfully to the dragon type with a low sweeping bow. Zekrom, although not happy to be confined to its ball, knew his trainer was right. Zekrom gave another curt nod.

“Thank you.” N said with a kind smile, and Zekrom, too disappeared into its Premier Ball.

N had only been to Nuvema town a few times, but a few was more than enough to memorize the tiny hamlet’s layout. He walked up the sandy slope of the beach, readjusting his black and white hat to block the bright white sun. The first house, sat more on the outskirts of an already small town. The door faced the beach and it’s back faced the thickly overgrown forest surrounding the whole of Nuvema town. This house, slightly larger than the others, looked like it had recently been remodeled, with a higher roof and lots of wide windows. N took a deep breath, stealing himself and calming his frazzled nerves. He knocked on the front door.

For a split second, N thought about leaving. The basket was too heavy on his arm and he felt sick to his stomach. He was ready to turn around, when the front door opened. N stood ramrod straight, and when he saw the woman at the door, he almost ran and hugged her. He had put one foot forward, when he noticed the difference in hair and the slight frown lines in the woman’s face. She looked exactly like her daughter.

“G-Good morning,” N said hurriedly, giving a jerking bow, “Is Touko home?”

N’s cheeks felt hot and the basket; heaping with brightly colored and ripe berries, had never felt heavier on his arm. Akiko glanced at the large wicker basket filled with her daughter’s favorite fruits, and then at the green haired boy she had seen only a handful of times and the rosy tint to his cheeks. She smiled in a kindly way.

“I’m sorry... err --”

“N.”

“…N. But Touko’s isn’t home at the moment.” Akiko said sadly, noticing the deflated look on the boy’s face.

“But, I’m sure she’s in the forest; just outside Nuvema. She’s training her Foongus.” Akiko smiled at the boy, who in turn smiled back.

“Thank you, ma’am.” N grinned. He bowed so quickly, Akiko hardly saw it and then bound off into the forest, clutching the basket of fruit.

“Oh, and N?” Akiko called from her open door. The green haired teen turned around suddenly.

“When you find Touko, please join us for lunch.” Akiko said with a wave of her small hand. N smiled again, and gave a much more dignified bow, before setting off once more.

Akiko smiled as she watched the boy go. Her daughter was a very lucky girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya.
Things have been pretty hectic in my household, as of late :/ But I hope you enjot this update, all the same!

N's summer attire :3

Comment, Rec. and Subscibe?

B x