Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

Cast of Shadows

“First off we need to get some healers from the main base at the city.” Orion said
“A lot of my men were injured and we had lost most of them during the attacks.” He added.
“Don’t worry that is already taken care of.” Neroza said
Orion looked at him in confusion. He glanced over to where the wounded men were at. Ashtralana had already made her way over to them. A few of the soldiers who had minor injuries watched her as she walked by them. Though she did not stop or speak. Their wounds began to heal as she walked by. A faint light emanated from her as she walked. The air around the soldiers began to feel lighter and spiritual. Their wounds healed and their sprits rose. They stared at her in amazement as she walked towards the more severely wounded. Without hesitation the men who were healed quickly grabbed up their weapons and rushed to their posts, filled with new found hope and strength.
A young girl who had attended to the soldiers watched Ashtralana the whole time. She stared in shock and awe at her abilities. As Ashtralana approached her she smiled softly and began to help the other soldiers. The young girl began to follow and aid her in an attempt to learn more about her.
Orion could only watch at the amazing feat that she had accomplished.
“You all are just full of surprises.” Orion said
He looked back to Neroza.
“Well we still need to deliver a message to the main base at the city to find out what’s going on there.” Orion said.
“If its speed you want I can handle that.” Norfire said as he stepped forward.
Orion looked at him.
“My magic can increase me to speeds that those creatures won’t be able to catch.” Norfire added.
“That’s good but I would rather not send you alone.” Orion said
“I’ll go with him; I can use the same magic that he had taught me.” Bellora chimed.
Orion glanced over at Bellora, as he looked at her he began to frown.
“I’m not sure I want to send a young girl out there.” Orion scoffed
“I’m more than capable of handling myself.” Bellora said angrily
Orion continued to scowl at her.
“She will be fine, besides you said you wanted two.” Neroza said
Orion glared at him then back at her. She stood there with her hands on her hip and glared back at him. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.
“Fine, Captain Iseris give them what they need and show them how to get there.” Orion said as she motioned to her.
“Yes Sir.” Iseris said as she motioned to a table. Neroza and Bellora followed. As Bellora walked behind Orion she stuck her tongue out at him.
“The last thing I need is to locate my missing scout.” Orion said.
He glanced over at Arlona.
“These two were looking for him but apparently they didn’t get far.” Orion said.
Arlona looked down at the ground.
“No sir we didn’t.” Arlona said.
Orion pointed to the giant water mill at the west side of the lake. A small town was next to it.
“My scout Zarrgoth went to investigate a light we saw there. That was yesterday. We have not heard from him yet and I fear the worst.” Orion said
“Fine, we will check it out. Papriika come with me, Azzyroth stay here and help Orion if needed.” Neroza said.
“Wait…why do I have to stay here dammit.” Azzyroth said angrily
But Neroza and Papriika had already walked off. She stamped her foot and crossed her arms. Orion looked her up and down. Azzyroth glanced at him and noticed him as he looked her over.
“Something you wanna say?” she said as she threw her hand on her hip.
“You’re a mage right?” Orion said as she still looked her over.
“Y...yes” she said, her face began to blush.
“Good can you help me with something; I need someone with magic expertise.” Orion said as he turned to a tent.
Azzyroth watched as he walked away. She began to follow him into the tent. As she stepped into the tent. Orion placed a small box on the table in the center.
“My men found this the other day. Although I have no idea what it is it seems to possess some strong magic.” Orion said.
Azzyroth looked at the box. She slowly opened it. A mist of cold air began to emit from it as it opened. In the center of the silk lined box was a small blue gem. Magic swirled around the inside of it.
“This….” Azzyroth began to say
She reached out her hand towards the gem.
“Wait!” Orion said.
Azzyroth stopped and looked at him.
“When one of my men touched it was frozen solid. It took us a while just to get it in the box.” He added.
Azzyroth shook her head and continued to reach for it. As she picked it up the gem began to glow but did not freeze her. It felt cold to her hand but the gem also felt as if it was alive.
“It won’t hurt me; I’m attuned to ice magic so I should not be affected by it. But this is no ordinary gem. I appear to be alive somehow.” Azzyroth said as she looked at it
As she held it up to the light she could see the magic swirl within. Suddenly a blight flash filled the tent. She now stood within a small inlet on the lake. Water lilies and reeds decorated the area. She tried to speak but no noise came out. She could only hear the sound of the animals and insects as they went about their day. As she looked around she saw a woman of great beauty in the center of the water. Her long hair was blue and flowed like water through the air. She sat upon a sphere of water. In her hand was a small harp that she slowly played a melody on. As she sat there the fish and animals swam and danced around her as if entranced to her song. Azzyroth watched as the woman entranced all around her. Suddenly the animals ran scared. A large shadow casted its darkness upon the water. The woman turned around. She raised herself as if prepared to fight. A roar echoed across the lake. The woman sent a burst of water towards the shadow but it was unphased. The shadow engulfed the woman as she let out a blood curdling scream. The shadow then turned to Azzyroth as if it knew she was there. It then raised itself high above her. She watched as it slowly approached her. She tried to run but her feet were frozen in place. She tried to scream but no sound emitted. The shadow engulfed her rapidly.
“HEY!” a voice echoed.
Azzyroth jumped, a scream emitted from her.
“Whoa it’s ok.” Orion said. His arms held her as she lay on the ground.
Azzyroth looked around the fear of what she saw still in place. Her eyes met up with Orion’s, she could see the concern in his face. She glanced at his arms that held her; she could feel her face turn red.
“What happened just now?” Orion asked as he slowly sat her up.
“I…I’m not sure.” Azzyroth said as she held her head.
She looked at the gem that now lay on the ground. The magic within it was now gone.
“A bright light filled the room then you were on the ground.” Orion said.
As Azzyroth stared at the gem she remembered what she saw.
“Where did your men find that gem?” she asked.
“On the other side of the lake. Why?” Orion asked as he helped her up.
Azzyroth picked up the gem.
“Apparently this gem was a fragment of the water nymph Yillis' soul; she must of casted it off when she was attacked.” She said as she put the gem in the box
“Attacked by what?” Orion asked
“I’m not sure, but whatever it was. To kill a powerful water nymph such as Yillis it must have been extremely powerful, and whatever it was. It’s still out there.” Azzyroth said as she turned to him.
Orion looked at her. He put his hand on her shoulder and led her out the tent. They both looked out over the lake.
“Question is. Where?” Orion added.