Status: I own nothing. Marvel owns the idea of the Avengers and their characters. I only own my character, and my ideas

The Agent's Daughter

Recruiting Steve Rogers/Captain America

Later on that day, Nick Fury asked me to go see Steve Rogers about an assignment. I drove to New York to find Steve Rogers, at a gym, destroying a few punching bags. "Trouble sleeping?" I asked, with a small smile on my face. "I've slept for 70 years mam', I think I've had my fill." Steve said, hitting the punching bag once more. "Then you should be out. Celebrating.Seeing the world." I smiled. "When I went under, we were at war. When I woke up, they say we won, but they didn't say what we lost." He said, taking the tape off his fingers.
I felt bad for him, he had suffered so much. " Well, we made a few mistakes along the way. Some very recently. Trust me I know what you're talking about when you say that they didn't say what we lost.." I said, quietly. He turned to face me. He knew what I was thinking, I was thinking about my grandmother, I knew he felt bad. "You here with a mission mam'?" I smiled. "I am." "Trying to get me back in the world?"

"Trying to save it." I said, handing him a file,about the Tesseract, he sat down. I sat across him. "Hydra's secret weapon.." He muttered. "Who took it from you?" He asked, as he handed the file back to me. "He's called Loki..he's not from around here.." I said. " There's alot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in.The world's gotten even stranger than you already know.." I continued.

"At this point I doubt anything would surprise me." He said, standing up and walking over to his bag. "10 bucks says you're wrong." I smiled, and then I continued. "There's a de-briefing packet waiting for you back at your apartment if you're in." I said, as he picked up the punching bag. "Is there anything about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?" I asked. "You should've left it in the ocean." He said, walking out.

"Hey Steve, do you want a ride to your apartment?" I offered, before he was out of earshot. "Sure, if it's not a problem.." He smiled. "It's no problem at all..I'm actually supposed to drive to the helicopter pad, if you're in." "So that's why you offered to drive me home.." He asked, sourly. "No.. it was out of courtesy. I'm sure you know all about courtesy, Steve. My grandma said you were very courteous.." I retorted. "She said, that about me?" He asked, surprised. "She told me alot about you Steve. You changed her life. You changed everyone's lives who had family in war, with the lives you saved. She loved you Steve. More than you know." He didn't move for a while.

"Do you still want a ride to your apartment?" I asked, carefully. "Yeah, sure. I guess you're going to have to drive me to the helicopter pad after.." He smiled. "You're in?" I asked. "After all, it's out of courtesy." He grinned, I laughed. "Thank you Captain." I said, following him out the door. He followed me to my car, and once he saw it, he was amazed. It was an old Mustang. I was glad that I had kept my Mustang. I could tell that right away, Steve loved my Mustang. I smiled, as I got into my car. Steve put his gym bag, and punching bag in the backseat, and sat beside me.

After we had gotten to his apartment, and gotten his things, and the briefing package. I drove him to the helicopter pad, where we met my dad. "Agent Coulsen, this is Captain Steve Rogers. Captain Rogers, this is Agent Phil Coulsen..." Coulsen shook hands with Steve, and we got on board and we began to fly. I had barely gotten any sleep, and my dad saw that I was tired, so he had a small couch brought on board so I can sleep on. I gave him a smile,saying thank you. As soon as we got on board, I said, goodbye to Steve, and to my father, then I lay on the couch, and fell asleep.