Status: I own nothing. Marvel owns the idea of the Avengers and their characters. I only own my character, and my ideas

The Agent's Daughter

Reaching the Base

A little while later, my father woke me up, telling me that we were half an hour before the base. I stretched, then I got up to see Steve sitting down, watching a video about Dr. Bruce Banner or as he's known to be the Hulk, or as he calls the Hulk, the Other Guy. I missed most of their conversation, but I heard, "It's an honour to meet you..officially." Steve smiled. "Well, I sort of met you , I watched you while you were sleeping." Steve's smile faltered a little, I smiled. "I mean.. I was present when you were unconcious from the ice.." Coulsen corrected. Steve looked at me, I gave a look saying, "He means well.." Steve smiled. He stood up, and walked over to the front of the helicopter.
"You know it..it's just an honour to have you onboard." Coulsen said, smiling. "Well..I hope I'm the man for the job." "Oh you are.." Coulsen said, reassuringly. "We made some modifications to the outfit, I had some design imput." "The uniform? What the stars and stripes at little......oldfashioned.." Steve said, abit insulted. "With all that's going on, what's about to come to light...people could just use a little oldfashioned." Coulsen said, seriously.

Finally, we reached the base. Coulsen, Steve and I walked outside, and we were greeted by.. Nat! I was so happy to see her,and I could tell that she was happy to see me. "Agent Romanoff.. this is Captain Rogers." "Mam." Steve said, "Hi." Nat said, plainly. "You're needed on the bridge, there about to start phasetrays.." She said, to Coulsen. Coulsen nodded and left us. "It was quite the buzz around here. Finding you in the ice. I thought Coulsen was going to swoon..." Nat smiled, as she walked with Steve and I.

"Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards?" I smiled. "Trading Cards?" Steve asked. "They're a vintage set. He's very proud." We had reached Dr. Banner who was examining everything. "Dr. Banner." Steve said, to Banner, holding out his hand. Bruce turned around, he looked tired and worn. "Oh..hi.." He said, as he shook Steve's hand. "They told me that you coming, this is probably a bit strange.." He said, gesturing to the scene around. "Seeing all this." Steve and I smiled. "Actually, this is kinda familiar.." Just then, Coulsen spoke to Nat and I through our earpieces.

"Boys, you're going to want to step inside, it's going to get alittle hard to breathe.." Nat smiled. Just then, the sounds of them changing the base, into the Helicarrier came on. "Is this a submarine?" Steve asked in wonder, walking over to the edge of the base. "Really? They want me in a submerged metal pressurized container?" Bruce asked. I smiled as I followed them. They got to the edge, and they saw that it wasn't becoming a submarine. "No,no this is much worse.." Bruce said, smiling. I laughed.

They followed Nat and I inside. Nat turned around and smiled at Steve, as he looked around in wonder. As soon as they set up the reflector shields. Fury turned to Nat, Steve, Bruce and I. "Gentlemen.." He said, referring to Steve and Bruce. "Ladies.." He said, to myself and Nat. Steve walked past me, dug into his leather jacket pocket, got out a roll of bills, and handed me a 10 doller bill. I smiled, and took the bill from him, and pocketed it. Nat looked at me in confusion, I gave her a look, saying that I would explain later. I knelt beside the scanner they were using to find Clint. I switched it to the footage they have of Clint, Nat and I fighting side by side.

They were nowhere close to finding Clint, my facial expression saddend. Nat saw that it did, and she knelt beside me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Doctor thank you for coming." Fury smiled, sticking his hand out for Bruce. Bruce hesitated, then he shook Fury's hand. "Thanks for asking nicely. How long am I staying for?" "Once we get our hands on the Tesseract." Fury answered. "How far are you with that?" Bruce asked.

"We're sweeping every wiressly acessible camera on the planet." Coulsen answered, crossing his arms. Steve looked amazed, and stunned. " Cameras,cell phones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us." "It's still not going to find them in time.." I said, looking up. "How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asked, taking his jacket off. "How many are there?" Fury asked, crossing his arms. "Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof, and get them to calibrate them for Gamma Rays..Do you have a place for me to work?" "Agent Romanoff, show Dr. Banner to his lab." Nat gave me one last squeeze, before getting up. "You're going to love it Doc, we got all the toys..' She said, as she walked out with Banner