‹ Prequel: Never Told You
Sequel: Why Wait?
Status: Completed.

All Your Life

Chapter 7

Brad

"And now, ladies and gentlemen would you please turn your attention to our humble dance floor where the bride and groom while share their first dance." Soupy beamed as I lead Mar out onto the clear area in the middle of the tables.

The perk of having a small wedding is not needing a big dance floor, and the main house's fairly large back deck was just big enough to accommodate dinner and dancing.

I pulled Marliegh into my chest and grabbed her ring clad left hand in my right, giving it a quick kiss as I wrapped my other arm around her waist and she rested hers on my shoulder.

Would you walk to the edge of the ocean
Just to fill my jar with sand?
Just in case I get the notion
To let it run through my hand
Let it run through my hand

Well, I don't want the whole world
The sun, the moon, and all their light
I just want to be the only girl
You love all your life
You love all your life


"You are, you know?" I asked and Mar looked at me confused, "The only girl I've loved in my entire life, Mrs. Marchand."

"And you're the only man I've ever really loved." She smiled, resting her head against my shoulder.

"Glad to hear it."

Rylan

I smiled, clapping as Mar and Marshy's first dance came to end. All Your Life by the Band Perry faded away and A Thousand Years Part 2 by Christina Perri started to play as Marshy leaned in and kissed Mar for the millionth time.

"Dance with me?" Milan asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, giving my shoulder a kiss.

"I'd love to." I smiled, as he let me go and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into his chest and we swayed to the intro.

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart...
... beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow


"They look happy, don't they?" Milan asked and I glanced over my shoulder at the bride and groom.

"They should, it's their wedding day." I chuckled and he smiled.

"That's going to be us, I promise you."

"One step closer." Christina Perri sang as I looked up at Milan and smiled at the thought of marrying him. Spending the rest of my life with him and Valentina and having kids of our own, taking them to games and watching them cheer for their dad in DADDY jerseys.

"I will not mess up this time, I swear." He promised, snapping me out of my chain of thought.

I smiled, leaning my head in his chest, "I can't wait."

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more


Marliegh

"So," Marshy smirked down at me as I pulled away to look up at him, "Is it too soon to admit I want us to have another baby?"

"It's funny you should mention babies." I admitted, biting my lip as he looked at me confused, "I have something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" He asked, his eyes rapidly scanning my face, searching for an answer.

"I'm pregnant you idiot." I chuckled and his jaw dropped.

"You're...you're pregnant?" He stammered and I smiled, nodding as he crashed his lips into mine, "Oh my god! Marliegh! That's amazing! How far along are you?"

"About a month." I admitted sheepishly and he frowned slightly.

"Why did you wait so long to tell me?"

"I found out the day before you lost the cup. I didn't want to tell you until after the series, and then when you lost I didn't want to make it seem like the baby would be a consolation prize. I thought today was the perfect occasion to tell you."

"You're right. Today is about celebrating our family, this is the perfect occasion." He beamed, kissing me again.

"And since most of our family is already here, it saves you making a dozen phone calls." I chuckled and he smiled wider.

"You want to tell everyone already?"

"Like you could keep it a secret, you'll be calling everyone before we get back from our honey moon anyway."

Milan

"Everybody! Marliegh and I have an announcement!" Brad yelled and everyone turned to face the two of them in the middle of the dance floor.

Someone turned down the music as Brad beamed glancing around at everyone on the deck, "We are both so happy to be here today, celebrating our family with those who mean the most to us. Since we're already celebrating, we may as well tell you the good news. Marliegh and I are having another baby."

"Oh my god!" Rylan screeched, squirming out of my arms and running over, wrapping Marliegh in a hug.

"That's amazing." I smiled, shaking Marshy's hand before pulling my new brother in law into a hug, "Congrats."

"Is it going to be tonight?" He whispered with a smirk and I smiled, nodding, "Good luck."

Rylan

"That was such a great day." I sighed as we walked through the door to Baker House cabin.

"I'm happy for them, they really deserve to be happy." Milan agreed in a hushed voice, trying not to wake the sleeping Valentina in his arms, "I'll be right back."

He headed to the nursery upstairs as I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine from the fridge. I took it back into the living room and poured two glasses before settling into the couch and letting my mind wander back to little Lucic's in Daddy jerseys and off seasons in Vancouver. I used to dream of that life, but after the whole ordeal with Brittany I wasn't sure I'd ever get to live out that dream.

I glanced up at the clock on the wall and frowned, Milan what been upstairs for half an hour, what's taking so long? I went to investigate and smiled when I peaked in the nursery door to see Milan standing above Val's crib watching her sleep.

"There you are." I whispered and he glanced up at me, smiling as he waved me over.

"She's so beautiful, Rylan." He mused and I smiled, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"She's the only good thing that came out of the past two years...well her and Marliegh and Marshy. They probably wouldn't be married if Marliegh hadn't stormed Boston guns blazing." I chuckled and he smiled.

"Or have had Evie." He added and I nodded.

"So maybe there was a bigger purpose behind us breaking up." I smiled, glancing down at Val sleeping in her crib. My heart stopped when I read her onesie and I gasped as the words processed in my mind. Will you marry my daddy?

I glanced back up at Milan as he took a step back and grabbed my hand,"Rylan, there's something I've wanted to ask you for a very long time. I knew you were going to be a big part of my life that night we met at Pacific Coliseum and you have no idea how hard it was not to ask you this the night I asked you to be my girlfriend for the first time.

"Before...everything happened, I actually had Marliegh buy a ring, I was going to propose to you that offseason, if you could find it in your heart to forgive me. I know I messed up, I know I was a complete and total idiot losing you, and the biggest regret of my life was letting you walk right out of it.

"I also know that I'm now a package deal - two for the price of one - but seeing you with Val...I know we could be happy together, as a family. So what do you say Carter?" he dropped down on one knee, beaming up at me, "Will you marry me?"

I couldn't breathe. The words were on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't get the air out of my lungs to push them out. I felt tears pricking the back of my eyes and I squeezed them shut, trying to keep them at bay.

“I am so sorry!” he apologized.

“It’s okay. I’m still alive.” I joked, and rubbed my shoulder, looking up to look at the culprit.

He reeked of sweaty equipment, and we both had sweat pouring down our faces, but there was an undeniable attraction we both couldn’t walk away from.

“I’m Milan,” he put out his hand.

“Rylan,” I smiled and shook his glove-covered hand.

“Carter, let’s go!” My captain yelled.

“Looch, c’mon!” One of Milan’s teammates yelled at the same time.

“Well, I guess we gotta go.” I laughed and shook my head, dropping my hand from my shoulder.

“Yeah,” he laughed, too, “I’m sorry, again. Maybe I can make this up to you after the game? The dance team is joining us for a party at my house when we win.”

“If you win. Maybe.”

***

“Milan, what’s wrong? You look pale.” I said, feeling his forehead. He sighed and grabbed my hand, holding it in his.

“I’m fine, Ry,” he kissed my palm, “I have something to ask you though.” He looked straight into my eyes. I got a little weak at the knees.

“What’s up?” I smiled, edging him on.

“You know how I’ve felt about you for a while now, and,” he sighed, “I just,” he looked at the ground. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it, and I’m sure Milan could, too.

“Just say it,” I put my hand to his cheek, making him face me again, and I smiled reassuringly.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he finally spit out. My smile widened and I nodded before answering.

“Yes! Of course I will!”

***

"He has 'something important' to tell me after the game."

"Oh my god." Steph gasped and it was my turn to look confused, "Do you know what that means?"

"No..."

"He's going to propose!" she exclaimed, already cheering in celebration.

"I don't think that's it."

"It totally is!" Jas agreed, "All the texting is probably just him planning it all out with someone's help! Like Mar!"

"You think so?" I asked and they both nodded.

"What else could it be?" Steph shrugged and I shrugged, she has a point, but it still doesn't feel right.

"I guess so."

“You’ve been together for how long?” Jas asked.

“Almost 6 years.”

“It’s a proposal waiting to happen, my dear.” Steph smiled, quite satisfied with herself.

***

“So about that important thing…” he trailed off, still not looking at me.

“Oh, yeah,” I played it off cool, but my heart was pounding.

“Just…before I tell you this, know that I love you, and nothing will change that.”

"I know that."

This didn't sound like a proposal.

"Ry, I made a mistake."

***

"If there is anyone else who believes there is any reason they should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." The officiant asked and I took a deep breath as I stepped out onto the aisle.

"I do."

The WAGs in attendance gasped as Milan turned towards the sound of my voice, jaw dropping in surprise.

"He shouldn't be marrying her, because he doesn't love her. He still loves me, or at least I hope he still does." I added, biting my lip unsure and my heart fluttered as Milan dropped Brittany's hand, earning another collective gasp from Brittany's family.

"Of course, I do, Rylan." He stepped off the alter and met me halfway down the aisle.

"Might I suggest you take this conversation elsewhere!" Segs hollered from the back row and I nodded.

"What do you say, Looch?" I asked and he smirked, leaning in and kissing me like he'd been storing up his love for 3 months, waiting for my return so he could drown me in it. His teammates whooped and Brittany's father looked like he was about to kill him so he swallowed hard and smiled at me.

"Ready to run?"

***

“Will you be my girlfriend again?” Milan asked, looking really nervous. I looked at our hands, and then back up at him. I pulled my hand back.

“Milan-" I started, but he interrupted me.

“What am I doing wrong, Ry?” he frowned.

“Nothing, nothing,” I shook my head, “It’s not you-"

“Please don’t give me that.” He rolled his eyes, groaning.

“Please don’t get angry,” I said quietly and frowned, “It’s only been a few days since-"

“Rylan, we’ve known each other for almost 8 years. Don’t tell me it’s only been a few days. But if you’re gonna give me that crap, it’s been a few months, not a few days.”

“Milan, if I hadn’t stopped the wedding, you’d be married to her right now.”

“I thought you forgave me.”

“I did…I do…I just don’t want to jump into something right now. We both just came out of relationships.” I pointed out and he frowned.

“I can’t believe you dated a pop star.” He rolled his eyes.

“I can’t believe you almost got married.” I shot back, getting rather annoyed with his attitude.

“Whatever Rylan,” He stood up and started walking away, “I won’t bother you again.”

“I’m sorry! Just give me some time!” I called after him, but he ignored me and slammed the bedroom door shut, making me flinch.

Way to go, Rylan...idiot.

***

"I'm sorry I pressured you."

"It wasn't you, I got scared and so naturally I ran." I frowned, "Then I stayed away for a year because I was terrified you'd want nothing to do with me."

"I love you, Rylan. I really do and you have no idea how happy I am that you are here now." He smiled, taking my hand in his.

"I love you, too, Milan. I love you so much it hurts." I smiled back and stood up, walking around to stand in front of him. I bent down to kiss him. He slowly kissed back before taking control and standing up, putting his hand on the back of my neck. I opened my mouth to gasp at the sudden force and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth. It got heated when he lifted me onto the table and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed down mine.

"If I ask you again will you reject me again?" He asked, his lips still against my skin.

"Ask me and find out." I said he he lifted his head to look at me and smiled.

"Will you, Rylan Carter, be my girlfriend...again?"

"I'm all yours, babe."


"I'm all yours, babe." I whispered, sniffling as a few tears broke free and he beamed, standing up and wrapping his arms around my waist. He kissed me hard for a moment before resting his forehead against mine, chuckling.

"For a moment, you had me thinking you were going to say no." He admitted and I smiled, reaching up and caressing his cheek.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to ask me that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, now that we've finally gotten over the Bruins loss...and Nicole is home from her vacation. We had time to write the last chapter.

Personally this is my favourite of all the proposals I've ever written (I've written quite a few) so I hope you enjoy it! We're going to write another mini series like this with Milan and Rylan's happy ending, so if you're interested, the link is in the corner! Love you!

xo Megs