A Few Too Many

Chapter 4

A few weeks later I was waiting on Bree to try on the five hundredth dress, normally I would have been all into this but I was meeting Jared at seven in Clover. Bree hadn't gotten suspicious and I was trying my best to keep a secret from her. I hated it but I knew it had to be that way for now.
“OMG, that one is Magic.”
“I think it may be the one.”
“I love it.”
“I think I do too.”
She turned in the light grey dress. It had Ranger blue embroidered flowers down the side, strapless and hugging her curves, it was fantastic.
“I thought you would go a little more traditional.”
“I am marrying a Ranger, I have to go big or go home, at least that is what Hank told me. He also had Sean Avery send me some pictures of a few dresses he thought would turn heads. Those boys have a bromance like no other.”
“You talked to Sean?”
“Yeah a few days ago, he told me to tell you hi and if you needed a date for the wedding to give him a call.”
“That could be fun.”
She had them hold the dress until she could talk to her mom.

I met jared an hour later in the small bar. “This would be date number three. Do I get a kiss yet?”
I leaned up brushing my lips softly over his.
“Baby,”
“Jared.”
“What.”
“I want to take this slow. If this blows up in my face, I am a dead woman.”
“Its not going to blow up, I love you.”
“What?”
“I love you.”
“Oh god Jared.”
“Well I do.”
“Three dates and you love me, have you lost your mind?”
“Ha, you love me too.”
Fuck. he was right. I did.
“Jared.”
“You do, I can see the battle in your eyes.”
“I don't know what to say.”
“You don't have to say anything.” he pulled me to him crushing his mouth to mine. I was suddenly aware of what exactly he did to me. I knew I loved him, I just wasn't ready to tell him. I knew that night he made me smile in the bar via text message, I loved him but was I supposed to?
“Shea, Its OK, you are going to worry yourself sick. Lets have dinner then we can talk later OK.”
“I just wasn't expecting you to say that.”
“Of course you were.”
“No really.”
“Shea I have loved you for a while I know it has only been a few weeks of dating but I have known you for a long time.”
“I know.”
“Don’t fight it let your heart go.”
“I am trying.”
“I know and I am proud of you for it.”
He kissed me again a little lighter this time and we headed to our table.

“SHEA!” Bree screamed from the bathroom.
“Yeah?”
“I can't get the zipper up.”
“You don't have to yell.” I said as I walked into the room helping Shea into her dress.
“I can't do this, Oh my God what am I doing.”
“You are marrying Marc Staal, that's what you are doing.”
“Shea, I can't.”
“Are you really going to pull that runaway bride shit with me. Shut up and marry that Staal or I will pull you out of that dress and walk up the aisle myself.”
“I just, I just.”
“You love Marc, marry him and make some new baby Staals.”
“I love him.”
“I know that.”

I watched from my perch beside Bree’s sister as she walked with her dad down the aisle.
Eric, Jordan, and Jared were standing beside their brother. Henry their father, standing the closest. It was a sight to behold. I think everyone in the New York and Thunder Bay area were here. I knew it was going to be big but there must have been four hundred people here.
The wedding was quick and we were all shoved into limos after pictures.
“I am riding with you.” Jared snuck up behind me.
“You are?”
“Why wouldn't I.”
“Cause we are a secret.”
Marc pulled Bree towards the carriage and I watched them climb in.

When we arrived at the reception I was passed from Ranger to Ranger, ending up with Sean. We swayed slowly to the music. I caught Jareds eye and he flashed me a smile as he danced with his mother.
“So Aves, how have you been?”
“Good, I guess, missing the game. I have to find something to keep me busy.”
“Well you need to find a girl.”
“I have Hank.”
“OMG you two are crazy.”
He cut a smile over toward Hank who nodded at him then turned his attention back to his wife.
“For each other.”
“You had better be glad I know you like women or I would honestly believe you guys were together, together.”
He smiled then kissed me softly on the cheek.
“Only one girl I ever would have married, but she wasn't the type.”
“Did you just propose to me?”
“Umm, no.” He smiled.
“I think you did.”
“Maybe in an around the elbow to get to your ass kind of way.”
“You really are crazy.”
“I never liked a girl the way I liked you. I just wish you would have looked at me the way you look at Jared.”
“What?”
“I see it in your face, you love him.”
“I do not.”
“Cut the shit.”
“I don't.”
“Of course you don't.”
“I really have no clue what you are talking about.”
“Really Shea? You Are going to pull that shit with me? We have been friends for two years, you never looked at me or Delzotto like that.”
“Is it really that obvious?”
“Yes.” He frowned.
“Aves, you will always hold a special place in my heart.”
“I just can't believe you chose that baby Staal over me.”
“It was never a choice. Had things been different I would probably be on kid number two with you.”
“A man can wish.”
I smiled and kissed him softly on the cheek. “How did I ever get this lucky.”
“Staal is lucky to have you. Why aren't you two dancing?”
“Um, well that's hard to explain.”
“We got all night.”
“Well, I slept with Jordan a few times several months ago. It almost tore me and Bree apart.”
“Your college roommate?”
“Yeah, my best friend.”
"Why?"
"Cause in typical Shea fashion I fucked it all up."
"Ahh, Max Talbot."
"How did you know?"
"Seriously Shea? Everybody knows."
"Oh, we'll anyway Bree and I had a huge fight about it and then we don't speak for a few days."
"Over Jordan?"
"Yes."
"Does she not know what a hoe bag Jordan is?"
"No, she doesn't."
"So."
"Jared was there and we have been secretly together."
"Secretly dating? That's rich." He laughed
"It isn't funny Aves."
"Yeah it is, what are you in high school?”
“No, Bree is just very protective of Jared.”
“Why?”
“Can you just not ask so many questions?”
He smirked and shook his head.
“She slept with Jared before she met Marc. So she is very protective of him.”
“Fucking Staals, they like to keep it in the family.”
“Aves, please.”
“I think if Jared is what you want, then you should do what you need to do.”
“I can't hurt Bree.”
“She will get over it.”
“I don't think so.”
“If she is your best friend then she will understand.”
“I just don't know.”
“ She loves you.”
“I know.”
“Then she will get over it. I can talk to her.”
“Don't you dare.”
“ OK, it was just a suggestion.”
“Thank Aves.”
“Will you marry me now?”
“No.”
“I guess the answer will never change.”
“Nope.” He smiled and pulled me against him. I was glad that our friendship had become more like a big brother, little sister one.
“If Jared hurts you I will kill him.” He rumbled against my ear.
“Thanks.”
Jared walked over asking if we could dance and Sean unwillingly let me go, but not before speaking a few words to Jared through whispers.
“What did he just say?”
“He threatened my life, Like for real Sean Avery just told me he would kill me and cut me into tiny pieces and use me for fertilizer on my family’s farm and I think he was pretty damn serious."
I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I dance with Jared, trying my best not to get to close. I fought the urge to lean up on my toes and kiss him. He smiled down at me the battle in his eye there too.

Bree

“Why is your brother dancing like that with my sister?”
“They like each other.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, I think Jordan wants to date her.”
“But he lives in Pittsburgh.”
“And?”
“How is that going to work?”
“I lived in New York.”
“Touche’”
“Ok lets enjoy our day, I love you and am glad that we waited to get married now. We can go to Thunder Bay for the summer and get the plans together for our house.”
“I cannot wait.”
“You think Shea will come up?”
“Maybe for a few weeks, she still works.”
“I know but she has to have some time off she can take and does she really have to work?”
“No, not really.”
“So invite her to come stay at the cabin with us, Jordan won’t mind. Eric has his own place, we can use the guest house or I can rent something for the summer.”
“We can just stay with Jordan for a while if it doesn't work then we can rent something.”
“Sounds like a plan.”

“Marc, are we ever going to be there?”
“Its just a little further.”
He finally pulled into the driveway to Jordan’s house. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be but I guess they were simple people. The house was clean and bright, the big picture windows let the sun pour into the room.
“Jordan it is amazing.”
“Thanks.”
“You are more than welcome to stay in the house. I did put a queen bed in the second room of the guest house, so you didn't have to sleep in bunk beds.” He busted out laughing.
I reached over and smacked him in the head.
“Shut it, Staal.”
“I was just saying.”
“Well stop saying.” he smiled and moved to the fridge tossing a beer at Marc and then handing one to me.
“I went by the store bought steaks so we could cook out.”
“Thanks bro.”
“You got it, put your suits on and lets hit the lake.”
We walked out of the guest house and dropped our bags.
“I just want to take a nap.”
“If we don't go out on the water, Jordan will end up in the bed with us.”
“He wouldn't.”
“Oh he would.”
I shrugged and pulled on my bikini.
Marc tossed a shirt at me.
“What?”
“You are not wearing that in front of my brother.”
“Yes I am.”
“I don't think so.”
“Why not, its a bathing suit.”
“No its floss.”
“Are you kidding me?”
“No.” he looked a little sheepish.
I smiled and kissed him softly, “Just think your brother will be so jealous.”
he smiled and kissed me softly. “Take a shirt just in case.”
“Done.” I smiled up at him.
We climbed into the boat a few minutes later, I watched as Jordan pushed it from the dock and turned the boat. He sat on the back of the seat turning his hat so it wouldn't blow off. Marc sat on the back row of seats. I watched as he looked out over the water. His eyes glowing with excitement.
“You ready?” Jordan asked.
“Hell yeah.” Marc answered
“Ready for what?”
“This.” Marc yelled as he back flipped off of the boat that was still moving at full speed
“MARC!” I screamed, Jordan chuckled turning the boat back towards Marc who was bobbing in the water an ear to ear smile across his face.
“Its cool”, I watched as he lifted the seat and dropped the skis into the water.
“You ski?”
“Well yeah.” he smiled.
“You want to learn?”
“Not today, tomorrow?”
“We have all summer Mrs. Staal.”
We laughed as Jordan gagged, then broke out in giggles.
“You two are shameless.”
“And if you check out my wife again, I am gonna kick your ass.”
“You might try.” he smirked
Jordan undid the rope tossing it to the side of the boat.
“Shouldn't it be longer?”
“No, he is going to be right here by the boat.”
“Isn't that dangerous?”
“Well yeah, we are boys.”
“Isn't that the fucking truth.”
They both laughed at me as I settled into the seat that Jordan had instructed me to sit in. Something about weight distribution. He laughed as he looked me over, “Not that you sitting over there is really going to matter, what do you weigh anyway?”
“Jordan, Shut the fuck up.” I heard Marc yell from the side of the boat, I couldn't see him but I could hear in his voice that he was serious.
“You ready?”
“Yup.”
Jordan hit the lever and the boat jumped forward. I was glad my back was to the seat or I would have been tossed around. Marc pulled himself up laughing as he zipped across the water. We zoomed around the lake for a while until Marc gave up and let go, sinking into the water.
“Damn, I miss this lake.” Marc smiled
Jordan was pulling the rope in “You not going to ski?” I asked him
“Nobody drives my boat.”
“I can drive a boat, then you both can ski?”
“I am most definitely not letting a girl drive my boat.”
“And why not?”
“Cause you are a girl and girls are terrible drivers.” he smiled
“What you scared your brother is going to show you up?”
“I am better.” he smirked
“Wouldn't know.”
“Can you really drive?”
“Of course, I grew up on the lake.”
“OK, prove me wrong.” he laughed as he climbed up on the back of the boat and somersaulted off the back.
“Yall ready?”
“Yup punch it.”
I looked back and smiled then slammed the lever down. I heard them laughing as I zipped back on forth across the lake. Each one had on one ski and they were bumping each other as they went across the water. I heard silence and looked back and they were both gone. I did a wide loop and found them wrestling in the water.
“We thought you were going to keep going.” Jordan smiled
“Nah, I couldn't leave Marc out here, I mean we just got married.”
“Oh but you would leave me?”
“Absofuckinglutly.” I laughed.
Marc climbed up on the back of the boat crossing the vessel and pulling me into a kiss.
“That was awesome.”
“Want to go again?”
“NO, my arms are tired, but I want you in the water.”
“Marc, I don't know...” I didn't get the rest of my sentence out before we were flying through the air.OK
“SHIT!!” I shouted as I hit the water.
“Cold?” Jordan laughed
“A little.” I was used to lake Wiley, it was warm year round.
“You get used to it.”
“I don't think so.”
Marc wrapped his arms around me and kissed me softly.
“If you two keep that up I will leave you out here.”
“Jealous?” Marc smiled
“Of that, no.” he smiled
“Liar.”
“OK maybe a little. Your wife is hot.”
“Yes she is.” Marc pulled me to him and kissed me again.
“UGH.” Jordan frowned pulling himself from the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know they are from Canada and probably don't say Yall but I do. I hope I caught them all. :)