A Few Too Many

Chapter 5

Shea

“Come to the Bay with me.”
“Jared, I don't think I should.”
“Of course you should.”
“But Jordan.”
“He will be fine.”
“I don't know.”
“Come on. I want you there.”
“I want to come but I don't want it to be weird.”
“What if I told you that Jordan invited Clara and Bree doesn't know.”
“Oh fuck, really?”
“Yeah, I think we will be small potatoes when Clara shows up.”
“You are probably right.”
“So you will come?”
“ Let me work some things out at work and then I will make plans to fly up.”
“I will wait on you.”
“No, you go.”
“Then you will not come.”
“I will.”
“Liar, don't be like this Shea."
“I just don't know.”
“I want you to meet my family.”
“I don't want to fight with Bree, I am already on thin ice as it is.”
“OK, I understand, I am not going to beg you.”
“Thank you Jared.”
I hugged him as he left. I wanted to go but my friendship with Bree was more important.

Bree

We ate dinner and sat around the fire talking. Jordan, Linda and Henry had joined us. I was tired and decided I was going to go to bed. I stood kissed Marc on the forehead and heading to the guest house. I felt him curl into me the next morning and rolled into him, I pressed my face to his bare chest. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.
“WHAT THE FUCK” I shrieked.
“What?” Marc mumbled as he jumped from the bed. standing there naked he looked over me curled into his brother.
“JORDAN STAAL” I shrieked again.
“Mmmhmm.” He mumbled.
“GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME AND OUT OF MY BED.”
“Oh you guys ready to get up?”
“Jordan what are you doing curled up with my wife?”
“I came in here to wake you guys up and you looked so comfy that I couldn't help myself.” He smirked. I noticed then that he had made himself comfortable between Marc and I. I was still wrapped tightly in his arms as the conversation was going on.
“Jordan.”
He smiled down at me, kissed the top of my head then jumped from the bed. I was embarrassed and turned bright red as I realized that I was naked under the sheets and had thought he was Marc for a brief second.
“GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.” I yelled.
“I’m going.” He laughed and ruffled his hair with his hand.
“You will die today.” Marc warned, but I saw the smile hiding behind his stern look.
“If you say so.”
“By the way Bree, You fit nicely in my arms.
I heard the shoe hit its target as Marc chucked it across the room, clobbering the door as Jordan pulled it shut.
“I’m sorry, he has no boundaries.”
I burst out laughing. “Sorry.” I shook my head not able to keep it in. I felt the tears fill my eyes then break over the rim. My body was shaking as I tried without success to get myself under control.
“You think its funny?”
“A little.” I smiled and laughed again.
“Well, I can say you slept with my brother.”
“Yeah you can.” I smiled as he crossed the room, laying across the bed and kissing me deeply.
Our morning was spent in the bed, before Jordan was at the door again.” Marc I want to run before it gets too hot.”
“OK, I coming.”
He kissed me again, standing and pulling his pants over his naked body.
“No boxers?”
“Um, commando?”
“When you run?”
“And boxers provide more support?”
“Guess not” I flushed.
“I will never tire of watching you blush.” He leaned down kissed me again then walked out of the door.
I showered and pulled my bikini on and found a chair and laid out reading my book.
“Damn Marc, I am glad I am moving to North Carolina.”
“Why?”
“Cause they know how to grow women there.”
I heard Marc shove Jordan. I looked over my shoulder and laughed as Marc held Jordan down straddling his chest, pretending like he was going to spit in his face. They wrestled for a few minutes and it had me chuckling.
“Why are you moving to North Carolina?” I asked as they both collapsed on the deck a few feet from me, completely out of breath.
“I asked to get traded to the Hurricanes.”
“Why?”
“I want to play with my brother.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, I thought it would be fun.”

I called Shea as the boys were getting comfortable in the other chairs on the deck
“Hey girl, how are things in the not so artic this time of year?”
“Its nice the lake is cold though.”
“I bet it is.”
“It is a little weird?”
“How so.”
“I am fucking married and it is weird as hell.” Marc smirked at me listening in to my conversation.
“Well you just got married like two weeks ago.”
“I mean its like I am fair game to the Staal boys now.”
“Ha.”
“No I am serious, Jordan crawled in bed with Marc and I this morning and I was snuggled up to him when I woke up.”
“OMG.” I heard her break out in hysterical giggles.
“It not funny.”
“Hell yeah it is.” Shea laughed again.
“OK, maybe a little.” I giggled.
“Is his body as hard as I remember?”
“Yeah, lets just say he has only had a shirt once since I got here.”
“He has a really nice chest, too bad it isn't as nice as Ja... Mikey’s”
“I wouldn't know. I think maybe you are getting bad reception.”
“Yeah You sounded fuzzy a few seconds ago.”
“Oh well, I guess I will talk to you tomorrow.”
“Love you Shea.”
“Love you Bree.”

Shea
Fuck I almost spilled it to Bree. I had to be more careful I hated lying to her and it was eating away at me.

What you doing?
J

Just talked to Bree.
S

Yeah they were heading out, thought now would be a good time to chat.
J
Are you enjoying the bay?
S

Yeah, miss you though
J

:) miss you too
S

Please come
J

I can't and you know that
S

We have to tell her soon
J

No we don't
S

Yes we do
J

I can't do that
S

Are we going to keep it a secret forever?
J

I don't know
S

Well let me know when you figure it out
J

Jared please don't
S

I love you and I want to be with you, but not like this, not anymore
J

I sat and stared at my phone, I thought we had agreed it was a secret, I placed my phone down on the desk and went back to work, not that Stock trading was very interesting.
I went to the bar later that night and had a few drinks I ran into Riley Nash there and we sat and talked for a while.
“So, you still dating Staal?”
“I don't know?”
“How can you not know?”
“He is mad and won’t talk to me.”
“Immature prick.”
“No it is kinda my fault.”
“Look, I know you and I know you are about fun, lets have some fun.”
“OK.”
He pulled me off the bar stool I had been perched on for the last hour and out onto the dance floor. It started innocently enough but with all the alcohol, I found myself dancing a little too close. Riley looked down at me, “You could do so much better than Staal.”
“Who you?”
“Maybe.” he smiled then leaned down and kissed me. I tried to kiss him back but my body wasn't moving. I wanted him to be Jared and I wanted to be kissing Jared. I thought about Jared for a moment as his lips moved over mine. It wasn't a bad kiss, just for the first time in my life it did nothing for me.”
He pulled back, “Nothing?”
I shook my head. “Damn girl you do have it bad, who would have ever thought you would fall in love.”
“I do love him very much and I don't know what I will do if I lose him.”
“That big dumb ginger isn't going anywhere.”
“How do you know?”
“Cause it is all we hear about. I think he is just frustrated because he wants everybody to know about you guys and he doesn't want to hide it what’s that cliche, “Shout it from the mountaintop” yeah he feels like that. Don't deny him.”
“I am trying but I am new to this whole relationship thing, its a lot of work.”
“Yeah it is.” he smile and pulled me to him, swaying slowly to the music.

The next week dragged by. Jared hadn't spoke to me since our last texting, refusing to answer my text even though I could tell he opened them.
I heard a knock on the door and then it opened.
“Shea?”
Eric walked through the door.
“Oh grea,t another fucking Staal.”
“What?”
“What are you doing here Eric?”
“What are you still doing here?”
“This is my house, why wouldn't I be here.”
“You know you are breaking my brothers heart. Just go to the bay and spend some time with him. He is all mopey and shit.”
“Eric, I can't. I won’t jeopardize my relationship with Bree.”
“What? You are willing to give up what you want, for her?”
“Yes.”
“You are more stupid than Jordan thought.”
“Wait, what?”
“You heard me, Jordan told me you wouldn't come, he told me you were scared of Bree.”
“I am not scared of Bree, I just value her friendship more than I do you Staals.”
“Ouch.”
“What are you doing here?”
“Jordan called me yesterday, asked me to come here and make you get on a plane to the bay, so here I am.”
“Why would he do that?”
“Because Jared is a mess. I know how he feels about you and so does Jordan.”
“Jordan knows?”
“Yes and he is happy for Jared. We may be a competitive bunch but we want nothing but happiness for each other. I love my brothers and I want them happy just as they all feel the same about me. Jordan knew what he had with you was temporary. Jared knows that what he has with you is forever.”
“Eric, I am not getting on that plane.”
“Yes, you are. Jordan already bought you a first class ticket and the plane leaves in 3 hours.”
“I am not going.”
“Well we can do this the easy way or the hard way.”
“You cannot put me on a plane.”
“I can however put you over my shoulder and drive that fucking rental car all the way to the bay, 22 hours in a car with me ought to cure you.” He pointed over his shoulder, his voice rising over every syllable he spoke.
“You are going to kidnap me?”
“If I have too, Jared deserves more than this. He hasn't put himself out there in awhile like he has with you . He deserves to have you with him, He wants you with him.”
“I can't hurt Bree.”
“Bree will be fine. I think honestly she will be more pissed that you two have been lying to her.”
“I don't know, you didn't see her flip out over Jordan.”
“I think that was because she was afraid it may cause problems between her and Marc.”
“I don't know, I just know that I am not getting on a plane.”
“OK, but I warned you.”
He reached over, catching me by the wrist and hoisted me over his shoulder. Carrying me to the car he spoke, “If you want clothes we will have to buy some on the way, but I am only stopping at Walmart, Just so you know.”
“Eric, put me down.”
“NO.” he spoke and kept walking.
“OK,OK you win.”
“Go pack quickly and call work tell them you are going to be gone for two weeks.”
“Two weeks?”
“Yes, Two weeks.”
“I have to fly back for a few things and that way you don't have to fly alone.”
I huffed and spun walking towards my bedroom.
An hour later I was standing in the Airport waiting on Eric to make his way through security.
I spoke softly to him as we walked to our seats.
“Would you really only let me shop at Walmart?”
“Yup, figured that would get you on the plane quicker than a threat of being alone in the car with me.” He waggled his eyebrows at me. I stuck my finger down my throat like I was gagging myself.

Jared

I left to go pick up Eric from the airport, I didn't understand why I had to go, I was perfectly happy sitting on the couch watching duck dynasty.I pulled into the tiny terminal and shut the farm truck off and waited. Eric walked up to the truck carrying a red leather suitcase. He swung the door open and stood there looking over his shoulder. I saw her come through the sliding doors, my body reacted and before my brain registered what was going on, I had her wrapped in my arms tightly.
“Jared I can't breath” she croaked out.
“Sorry. I just can't believe you are here.”
“Thank Eric, he all but forced me to come and Bree is going to kill us.”
“It will be ok.”
I climbed into the truck and pulled her across the bench seat so she was hugged under my shoulder.
I leaned over and kissed her softly.
“I can still see you guys, I can't hear you but I can see you.” Eric spoke.
We both chuckled at him as I pulled her under my arm.I pulled into the driveway and we walked up to Jordan’s house.
“Bree?” I called out.
She stumbled out of the kitchen, hair all messy and trying to adjust her clothes.
“J?”
“OH MY GOD, Shea!” She ran towards up catching Shea in a big hug.
“I can't believe you are here.”
“You wanted me to come and we needed to talk.”
“Talk?”
“Yeah maybe we can have some girl time and talk.”
“OK, I am so excited that you are here, how long are you staying?”
“Two weeks.”
She looked over and smiled at Eric and Jared then pulled each one into a hug.
“Where’s Marc?”
“Oh he is coming, he had to run to the bathroom.”
“I bet he was coming.” Eric laughed as he walked by.
Bree turned bright red and I couldn't help but laugh. My laugh was nothing compared to Shea’s outburst of giggles that sent us all into laughter.
“Well, we are newlyweds.” She smirked then turned walking back towards the kitchen.
“I was just making lunch, you guys hungry?”
“Ummm, I hope you washed your hands.” Eric laughed.
Bree turned beet red again and turned to the counter laying out the stuff for sandwiches.
We ate and chatted about their honeymoon and what they had done. They asked about Charlotte and how things were there.
“Its lonely in the apartment without you, but I will get used to it.”
I gave her a look and hoped like hell that Bree hadn't picked up on it.
“J, how are things? I feel like I haven't talk to you in weeks.”
“Its good, I missed the bay and I am glad we are all here together.”
“I met a girl.” Eric spoke causing all of us to stop and stare at him opened mouthed.
“What?” he smiled
“You have a girlfriend?”
“Not technically a girlfriend, but maybe.”
Thank you Eric for taking the focus off of us.
“What she look like? Jordan asked as he walked through the living room.
“Do you have girl radar?” I smirked
“This house isn't that big J and yes I do.”
“Big tits, tight ass?” Jordan smiled
“I like her, she is hot but in a very southern way.”
“Southern way?” I asked
“Southern, really?” Jordan laughed
“What’s wrong with southern girls?” Bree asked hands on her hips.
“You are a breed all to yourselves.”
“Thank you.” Bree smirked then took a bite of her sandwich
“You pregnant yet?” Eric asked causing the table to erupt in laughter.
“If mama Staal had anything to do with it, you would be.” Shea laughed.
“What the hell? Is it pick on Bree day?”
“Well you were the ones shagging in the kitchen.” Eric retorted.
“You were fucking in my kitchen?” Jordan shouted
“No, technically we were fucking in the bathroom and fell into the kitchen.” Bree spoke directly to Jordan. “What you jealous cause someone is getting laid in this house and it isn't you?”
“Get out of my house.” He playfully shoved Marc.
“We still have three rooms to screw in, then we will leave.” Marc laughed
“Ugh.” Jordan groaned then looked over at me and smirked.