Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 13.

It’s been 2 weeks since Craig left, 2 weeks since I shut myself off from the world. I ignored all phone calls I got, apart from Vic. He was the only one I was willing to talk to or see, but maybe because I knew that he is the only one who understands.

In these past 2 weeks, mom’s divorce was finalized. As soon as she found out, she rung up Jeff, her new ‘boyfriend’ and has been round his place ever since, leaving me on my own. I know it’s something she does all the time, but for some reason, this time around it hurt me. Maybe it’s because I know who she’s with, and knowing that he will replace my father. Or maybe it’s because since she’s been gone she hasn’t contacted me once.

Ever since I told her about Craig and I splitting, she’s been funny with me. It’s like she’s angry at me for being upset over it all, but what does she expect? I thought he was the love of my life. I mean, after all, he has pretty much been the only one there for me.

Every time I saw Vic, he would tell me how Mike is, knowing that I still hadn’t spoken to him. I couldn’t bring myself to for some reason. Maybe it’s because I know that when and if I tell him about Craig and I, I’ll just get some rant off him about how I’m better off without him. I didn’t want that, because he has no reason to judge, he hasn’t seen the true Craig.

Today, I decided I needed to go out for a little walk, and get some fresh air. As I was walking, I spotted a park just across the street, so I decided to cross over and enter. I found a bench off to the side a bit and sat there watching, as people walked their dogs, and ran around chasing their kids. I smiled at the sight, hoping that one day, that could be me, chasing my kids around.

Sighing, I leant back and closed my eyes, soaking up the San Diego sun.

I could feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep, when I felt the bench move slightly as someone sat down next to me. I jumped up, opening my eyes, and looked to my left to see Tony sat there, while Jaxin stood in front of us.

“Hey.” I said softly.

Tony looked at me and grinned.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I looked at him, to see concern written all over his facial features. I smiled softly and nodded, knowing I wasn’t really.

“There’s no point in lying Sophia, Tony can tell when anyone is lying.” Jaxin said.

I looked up at him in shook, as he smiled. I then looked over at Tony to see he could tell I was lying.

“Come with us.” He said, standing up and holding his hand out.

I shook my head.

“I’m alright, I’d quite like some time on my own.” I said.

“Alright, promise me you’re okay, though?” He asked.

I nodded.

“I’ll be alright Tony, don’t worry. You and Jaxin go off and do whatever it was you were doing. I’ll see you soon.” I spoke.

He looked me over, before nodding.

“See you soon.” He said, before they both turned around and walked off.

Sighing, I stood up, and left the park. I decided to make my way to my favourite little coffee shop, not far from home.

As I was walking, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw Vic was calling me.

“Hello?” I spoke as I answered the call.

“Hey, are you doing much today?” He questioned.

“Not really, why?”

“Was wondering if you wanted to come round for a bit?”

“Is Mike in?” I asked.

“No.” He answered simply.

“Okay, I’ll be over shortly. I’m just heading to the little coffee shop.” I told him.

“Okay then, I’ll see you shortly.”

We both hung up, and I finished the short walk to the coffee shop. I entered the little shop, letting the bell ring as I opened the door, and smiled softly as the owner, Mrs Clarkson, stood behind the counter.

“Hello dear, nice to finally see you here again.” She smiled.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been here for a while, there’s been a lot going on lately.” I answered, as I stood at the counter, talking to the elder lady.

“Not to worry, sweetie. You go and sit down, and I’ll bring your usual over.” She said.

I thanked her and went to give her the money for them. She pushed the money back to me and told me to sit down. I nodded and turned away to find a seat.

I saw that my favourite spot was vacant and made my way over to it. I placed my bag on the chair next to me as I looked out the window, watching as people walked past.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I jumped when Mrs Clarkson placed my cup of coffee down in front of me along with a plate that held a Blueberry Muffin. I smiled at her and thanked her. She smiled back, before turning around and heading back to the counter where another customer was standing.

As I finished eating the muffin, I wrapped my hands around the cup of Coffee, staring out the window. I was quietly, enjoying watching the people walking past, when I noticed Mike walk past the window. I saw him look in, and his eyes widening once he saw me.

Mentally cursing myself, I sunk down in my seat as Mike made his way into the coffee shop. I watched as he went over to the counter and order a drink. Mrs Clarkson gave him his change before turning around and making his drink. Soon after, she handed it to him and he started making his way towards me.

I tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible and continued to look out the window.

“How much longer are you going to ignore me?” Was the first thing Mike said as he sat down.

I shrugged and continued to look away.

“I’m not leaving you alone until you’ve spoken to me, Sophia.” He said.

“Why? So you can say ‘told you so’?” I asked.

“Why would I say that?” He questioned.

“It doesn’t matter.” I mumbled.

“It clearly does if it means you’re ignoring me and being a miserable cow.” He said, angrily.

My eyes widened at his sudden anger.

“Leave me alone.” I muttered.

“Soph, I’m sorry. I just want to know what’s wrong. The last time we spoke, you said you wanted a few days away from myself and Craig. You’ve had those few days, it’s now been two weeks. I want my best friend back.” He said.

I could feel myself welling up as soon as he mentioned Craig, causing me to shake my head and look down at the cup on front of me.

“What’s wrong Soph? Why are you so upset all of a sudden?” He asked, reaching across the table, grabbing my hand.

I flinched at the contact before relaxing.

“Craig hasn’t hit you again has he?” He questioned, causing me to flinch yet again.

“Oh god, he has hasn’t he?”

“No, he hasn’t.” I muttered.

“Then what’s wrong Soph? Tell me please?” He all but begged.

“I can’t Mike.” I sighed.

“Why not?”

“Because all you’ll say is ‘I told you so’ and I don’t want that.” I spoke.

“I won’t, I promise. I just want to help you.” He said softly.

“It’s Craig.”

“Well I gathered that.” Mike said.

“He broke up with me.” I whispered.

“When?” He asked.

“Well it seems like it was the day he attacked me.” I shrugged.

“What do you mean? You didn’t see him after that.”

“I know, but when I left yours, I got home and went into my room to find a letter from him, saying it’s best if him and I were no longer together and then I met up with him the next day and he told me he meant it.” I said, choking back the tears.

“Oh Soph, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Mike said.

I looked up at him and scoffed.

“Don’t lie.”

“I’m not. I honestly didn’t know.” He said, confused.

“No. Don’t lie about being sorry. I can see you’re not. You’re glad he’s gone, I can see it.” I snapped.

I looked away from him and saw Mrs Clarkson looking over concerned. I smiled softly at her and nodded, causing her shoulders to relax slightly as she got back to work.

“I’m not lying Soph, I may have acted that I didn’t want him around in the past, but I know you loved him, so I know you must be hurting. I’m not that much of a heartless bastard.” He said.

I looked back at him and nodded.

“I’m sorry for snapping. My emotions are all over the place.” I sighed.

He smiled at me softly and nodded.

“Anyway, I’m off to your place, Vic wants me round there. I’ll see you later.” I spoke, standing up.

Mike responded with a ‘see you later’ as I made my way to the exit.

“I’ll see you soon Mrs Clarkson.” I spoke as I turned to the counter.

“I’ll see you soon, dear. Thank you for coming in.”

I nodded and left the coffee shop, before making my way to the Fuentes house hold.

As I arrived, before I had the chance to knock, the door was flung open, revealing a rather happy Vic. I giggled softly at the sight, causing a smile to break out on his face.

“Ah, she smiled.” He cheered.

I giggled again and hugged him as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“Come in, I have something to show you.” He said.

I looked at him confused, but followed him in nevertheless, and continued to follow him into the little practice studio they had.

As we entered, I noticed Jaime sat at the computer working on something.

“Jaime, visitors.” Vic spoke.

Jaime looked away from the computer, and grinned as he saw me. He stood up from his chair and pulled me into a hug.

“It’s good to see you.” He said, grinning.

I nodded back, with a small smile.

“So, what is it you wanted to show me?” I asked, turning to Vic.

“We have a demo of a song for the new album and we want your opinion on it, before we decide anything on it.” He said.

“Okay, can I hear it?” I asked.

They both nodded as Jaime started typing and clicking away on the computer. It wasn’t long until music started flowing through the speakers and Vic’s voice joining it.

“Who’s that screaming?” I asked as a deeper voice joined in.

“That’s Jaime. We’re looking for someone else to do that part though.” Vic said.

I nodded and continued to listen to the song. Like all their other songs, I could feel the emotions in them, but unlike some of the others, I knew who and what this song was about.

As it finished, I turned to them.

“So, what do you think?” Vic asked.

“I love it.” I smiled.

I gave Vic a look, letting him know I knew exactly who it was about, causing him to nod. I pulled him into a hug, before Jaime joined in.

We were stood talking when the front door slammed shut, a heavy footsteps were heard, making their way towards the practice studio.

“Has she heard it yet?” Mike said as he entered.

“I have a name asshole.” I glared.

“I know.” Mike shrugged.

“Well use it.” I spat.

“Jeez, what’s crawled up your ass since earlier?” He asked.

I looked at him and shook my head.

“Why are you being an asshole Mike?” I asked.

“I’m playing with ya Soph.” He grinned.

“I’m not in the mood Mike, and you know I’m not.” I sighed.

“Wait, you’ve told him?” Vic asked.

I looked at him and nodded.

“About time.” Vic grinned.

“Why?” I asked.

“I thought you would never talk to him again, let alone tell him.”

“I’m sorry, but you know exactly how it affected me, the last thing I wanted was your brother, who absolutely hates Craig’s guts, be glad he’s gone.” I said.

“Craig’s gone?” Jaime asked.

I sighed and turned to him, nodded.

“Yeah, he left like 2 weeks ago.” I muttered.

Almost instantly, Jaime pulled me into a hug. I felt myself relax, as I wrapped my arms around his waist, causing me to smile a little bit. In the short time that I’ve known Jaime, I have come to enjoy his hugs, and find comfort in them.

“I’m sorry I’ve been a dick Soph, I should’ve handled it better.” Mike spoke up.

I slowly pulled out of the hug with Jaime and turned to him.

“Yeah you could’ve.” I agreed.

“Anyway, I’m off.” I said, turning back to Vic.

“Already? Don’t you want to stay for a little bit?” He asked.

“I’m shattered Vic, I just want to sleep and have a night without nightmares.” I sighed.

“What if you spent the night here? You know, so you’re not alone at home?”

I gave it a little thought before shrugging.

“Okay, I guess I could.” I said.

“Good. Mike, go and set up the guest room.” Vic said.

“Why me?” Mike whined.

“Because you’re younger.”

“Jaime’s younger.” Mike pointed.

“But Jaime doesn’t live here.”

“Dick, why couldn’t you live here? Then I wouldn’t be bullied into doing all this.” Mike said pouting.

“You would, because you’d be doing everything for me also.” Jaime laughed.

Mike stuck his middle finger up at Jaime, before leaving the practice studio and stomp upstairs to the guest room.

“I need to head back to mine to get a change of clothes.” I said.

“Okay, you do that, and I’ll call Tony, get him over and then the other three can experience our movie nights.” Vic said.

I nodded and told him I’ll be back shortly before making my exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so, so, so sorry guys. I honestly didn't mean to take this long to update again. Gosh, I feel bad. I have just been so god damn busy at work that the last thing on my mind when I get home is updating. I'll try my hardest not to keep you guys waiting that long again. In fact I have about 5 days off this week so I'll try and get a few month out. I hope you guys aren't mad.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this guys and I'll get the next one out when I can.

Becky x