Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 15.

Mike

The next morning, I woke up with Sophia still curled up in my arms. I smiled at the sight of her. She looked so peaceful, so relaxed, and, well stunning basically. Sophia is one of those girls who can easily go without make-up, in fact, she looks better without it, but you tell her that and she’ll just laugh at you.

As creepy as it sounds, I continued to watch her sleep, taking in her features, only just realising how much the events that have happened lately, affected her.

I brushed a few loose strands of hair away from her face, causing her to stir slightly. I watched as she reached her arms up to stretch, groaning, before she opened her eyes. Sophia looked right at me, smiling softly.

“Morning.” She muttered.

“Morning. Sleep well?” I asked.

“Much better. I think it’s because you were here.” She smiled, looking up at me.

I laughed and kissed her forehead.

“Well I’m glad I have that effect on you.” I spoke.

She nodded and sat up, reaching for her phone.

I watched as she unlocked it, looking at the screen, before locking it again and throwing it on the bed.

“What’s wrong, babe?” I asked.

“Mom still hasn’t called me.” She frowned.

“Well where is she?”

“With Jeff.” Sophia muttered.

“Who’s Jeff?”

“Gosh, you’re asking a lot of questions this morning. And Jeff is moms new boyfriend.” She answered, cringing when she said boyfriend.

“I know, I’m just being nosy me. She has a new boyfriend alright? Is she not even the slightest upset with what your dad did?”

“I don’t know any more Mike. She hasn’t been herself for a while now; she’s been ignoring me pretty much since I got home that day crying because Craig had left. The only person who had supported me through it all was Vic.”

Sighing, I pulled her into a hug.

“I’m sure she’ll come around soon, I mean you’re her daughter, her only child at that.”

Sophia nodded and made herself more comfortable cuddled up to my side.

“You’re nice and warm.” She spoke softly.

“Are you cold?” I asked.

She nodded and I pulled her even closer, wrapping the blankets around us. Both of us just continued to lay there, enjoying each other’s company, and being in each other’s arms.

“Soph?”

“Mmm?”

“What I saw last night. Will you promise to never do that again? I’d hate to see you ruin your body like that.” I sighed.

She looked me in the eyes and nodded.

“I promise. I don’t want to do it again anyway. It’s just that night something took over me and it was like it was controlling my body and made me do it, I couldn’t stop it.”

“I know. You don’t need to explain. I know you Soph to know you would never do anything like that on purpose.” I told her.

She nodded and placed her head back on my chest. With her left hand, I felt her gently trace the tattoos on my chest and stomach, causing it to tickle, while I brushed my fingers through her hair.
I could feel myself getting lost in my thoughts when I felt something warmer on my chest. I looked down, and noticed that Sophia was placing soft kissing all over my chest.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Kissing your chest.” She spoke, pulling away to answer, before she continued.

“Stop it, Soph.”

“Why?” She whined, looking up at me.

“Because then I’ll want to take this further.” I muttered.

“What if that’s what I want?” She questioned, now sitting on my waist.

“It’s not what I want, Soph. You just got out of a tough relationship, the last thing that I want to happen is for me to sleep with you and for us both to regret it.”

“You’d regret it if you fucked me?” She asked.

“No, I don’t mean it like that. I mean it’s just too soon after you and Craig. I’d feel like I would be taking advantage of you.” I frowned.

With that, Sophia slid off, and sat next to me.

“I understand.” She nodded.

“You’re a good guy Mike. Why don’t you have a girlfriend? Anyone would be lucky to have you.”

“Because there is already someone I like, but she just got out of a relationship and I don’t want to ruin things between me and her.” I spoke.

I watched Sophia, trying to see if she caught on. Although, I could see by her facial expression that she hadn’t.

“That’s a shame. I hope she soon realises she has feelings for you also, because she’s missing out on such a great guy.” She spoke.

“I hope so too.” I mumbled.

Sighing, I sat up, and hung my legs over the edge of the bed. I stretched my arms up in the air, arching my back as I felt it pop, causing me to sigh in relief and stand up.

“Where are you going?” Sophia asked.

“Downstairs to see what Vic has done for breakfast.”

“Okay, I’ll be down soon. Is it okay to take a shower?” She asked.

“Of course, spare towels are in the spare room next door. Help yourself.” I answered and left the room.

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Vic was sat at the table eating, while his notebook with all the songs was in front of him and a pen to the side. He didn’t acknowledge me as I entered; causing me to shrug and help myself to the food that was on the side. I poured myself a mug of coffee, and carried my mug and plate over to the table and sat across from Vic.

He looked up from his notebook and nodded, before picking the pen up again and scribbling something down on the page.

I decided against speaking to him, knowing exactly what Vic was like when he’s in the middle of working on a song. I continued to sit here and eat my breakfast in silence, when I heard a scream and someone shouting upstairs.

Both Vic and I jumped out of our seats and ran to the stairs.

“Soph, you okay?” I called as I ran up the stairs and to where I heard the scream come from.

I went over to the other spare room where I told Soph all the spare towels were, to see Tony stood by the bed completely naked, trying to cover himself with the bed sheets.

“You’re naked.” Sophia pointed out.

“And you’re in my room.” Tony responded.

“I was told by Mike I could come in here, it’s where the towels are.” She said.

“What are you even doing in here Tony?” I asked.

“I stayed the night. I couldn’t be bothered to drive back to my place.” He spoke.

“Well you could’ve at least told us.”

“You were asleep.” He pointed out.

“Fine, but just get some clothes on. You’ve permanently scarred Sophias mind with that thing.” Vic spoke, pointing at Tony’s crotch.

“Leave the fucking room then and I can.” He spoke.

Vic and I watched as Sophia all but ran out the room with the towels she wanted, before Vic and I left, going back down the stairs, laughing.

Even when we got back into the kitchen and sat down again, we were still laughing. Once I had calmed down I shook my head, chuckling at the memory.

“Classic.” Was all I said.

Vic nodded in agreement, before getting back to work on the song he was writing.

Just as I stood up to place my plate and mug in the sink, Tony entered the kitchen and headed straight for the food. I patted him on the shoulder as I passed him, heading into the lounge to pick up my phone and lighter, before heading out to the back door for a smoke.

I took a seat on one of the sun loungers, placing my sunglasses over my eyes, as I lit up a smoke. I was getting lost in my own thoughts, looking out at the view, when the back door opened.

Looking up, I smiled seeing Sophia walking towards me. She took a seat at the bottom on the sun lounger, and resting her arm on my leg, and placing her chin on top as she looked right at me.

“May I help you?” I smiled.

“I don’t know, can you?” She smirked.

“What is that meant to mean?” I laughed.

“No idea.” Sophia grinned.

I finished my smoke, and put it out in the ash tray I had placed by me.

“That’s a nasty habit.” Sophia spoke.

“I know, but it’s addicting.” I answered.

“I suppose.” She mumbled.

We both fell into silence looking at the view.

“It’s nice out today.” Soph mumbled.

“Yeah.”

“I want to go to the beach.” She said, looking to me.

“Then we’ll go to the beach.” I told her.

“Can we invite everyone?” She asked.

“Damn really? I was hoping it’s be just us.” I joked.

“It can be if you want.” She winked.

“Stop flirting with me.” I pointed at her, laughing.

“You started it.” She fought back.

“Uhm, excuse me, who was kissing my chest this morning?” I quizzed, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She smirked looking away.

“I think you do.” I said, reaching over to her and pulled her to my chest.

Almost instantly, I felt her relax under my touch.

We were both talking, when I looked back at the house to see Vic watching. As soon as he saw me looking, he beckoned me in causing me to nod. I told Sophia I was heading inside quick, which she nodded to, as I stood up behind her and made my way inside.

“Yeah?” I asked Vic as soon as I shut the door.

“What do you think you’re doing, Mike? She just got out of a relationship.” He hissed at me.

“Don’t you think I know? I had to tell her that upstairs. Soph started it all. It’s just harmless flirting.” I shrugged.

I looked out the window, to see Sophia lying back on the sun lounger. I sighed and turned back to Vic.

“She tried to get me to sleep with her this morning.” I spoke.

“Mike…!”

“I didn’t do anything. I stopped her, I promise. As much as I didn’t want to, I stopped her, I told her if I let her continue I would’ve felt guilty, like I had taken advantage of her.” I sighed.

“I know you like her Mike. But please be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt or you to hurt Soph. I’m just looking out for you both.”

“I don’t like her Vic, I love her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry again guys, You're probably fed up with me taking forever with updating and that most likely why I'm losing subscribers, but I promise you it's not because I can't be bothered, last most we swapped over our internet, you know I had my laptop sent away I've updated since then. But since that update, I have been back in hospital, I was there for a few nights on so many god damn painkillers, and when I came back, the internet was down again. We have only just got it back this past week, and I've decided to get an update out today because I go back to work tomorrow, meaning I don't know when I'll update next.

Anyway, here's another one in Mike's POV for you guys, I quite like writing in his POV as well, but I'll try to mainly stick to Sophia's.

Let me know what you think, and what you want to see happen with Sophia and Mike.

Comment/subscribe

Becky x