Status: Active

Hold On Till May

Chapter 5.

Later that day, once mom was home, I explained to her everything that happened while Mike was over, including the fact that he had invited us over to Vic and his place. Immediately, she agreed, telling me not to turn it down, even if Craig didn’t want to go.

To be honest, I couldn’t tell if she was so eager to go because she wanted to see my friendship with the both of them get repaired or because she genuinely missed them and thinks of them as family. I think it’s more the latter.

Craig finished work at 5pm, meaning he would be over soon. I was up in my room getting ready, while mom downstairs, saying she’d wait for Craig to get here. I was just stepping out of the shower, when I heard the doorbell go. I heard mom answer, following by Craigs voice, as they stayed downstairs chatting.

I rummaged through my closet, looking for something suitable to wear tonight. I mean, I didn’t want to look scruffy by jut chucking anything on, but I also didn’t want to look like I was trying too hard. In the end, I decided on a white skirt that ended at my feet, along with a black strap top. I placed the outfit on my bed, before going back to pick out some shoes. I ended up picking out a pair of cute, brown sandals.

Once I was dried off, I pulled on my underwear, and then made my way over to where I had laid out my outfit, pulling the skirt up my legs, before pulling the top on. I looked in my mirror and nodded, and then made my way over to my dresser, where my make-up and hair straighteners were.
Deciding on keeping it simple, I just stuck with applying foundation, eyeliner and mascara. Once I was happy with how my make-up looked, I plugged in my straighteners and quickly ran them over my hair.

Eventually, I was happy with how I looked and pulled on my sandals and made my way downstairs.
At the bottom of the stairs, I could hear mom and Craig talking in the kitchen. I made my way in there, causing them both to look up on I entered.

“Oh, honey, you look beautiful.” Mom smiled.

“Thanks, Mom. You better get ready; otherwise there will be no point in going.” I smiled.

Mom nodded and made her way past me, before running up the stairs. I watched Craig look to make sure she was out of earshot, before he turned to me.

“So I hear you’re going to that pricks house tonight.” Craig said, staring at me.

Craig!” I hissed. “Don’t call him that.”

“Oh, so you’re sticking up for him now?” He asked.

“No, look Craig, don’t be angry, jealous or whatever you are, please? I would like you to come along with Mom and I. I mean you were invited after all. Please, Craig, don’t be like this. After all, this might be my only chance to get them back in my life again.” I said quietly.

“I’m just worried, Sophia. You have to understand where I’m coming from alright? They leave you without telling you anything, and then they’re suddenly back in your life, trying to act like nothing happened.” He said.

“I understand.” I sighed, stepping closer to him. “Please say you’ll come with us?” I asked.

He sighed and nodded.

“Fine.”

I grinned and pulled him to me, so I could kiss him.

“But if one of them even steps out of line in the slightest, I will not hesitate to punch them.” He stated firmly.

I giggled and shook my head.

“No you won’t, you’ll ignore them.” I pointed.

“Not if they’re like it towards you I won’t. You’re my girlfriend and I won’t stand for it.”

“Whatever Craig, you are not starting trouble tonight, alright? I’m going because I want my best friend back and that’s not going to happen if you punch him.”

Craig sighed and nodded, before kissing me again.

“Now, head back to yours and get changed. Mom and I will stop by your place on the way there, okay?”

He nodded and kissed me one last time, before walking to the front door and letting himself out. Once I knew he was gone, I sat down in one of the dining table chairs, placing my head in my hands.

I could already tell tonight was going to be awkward, but I needed to do this right?

When I had calmed down, I made my way over to one of the cupboards and pulled out a glass and filled it up with water, before gulping it down.

I was just washing the glass and putting it away, when I heard mom coming down the stairs.

“Craig gone?” She asked, entering the kitchen.

“Yeah, I got him to agree to come along tonight, so I sent him back to his to get changed.” I said.

“I swear that boy is too protective over you.” Mom said, shaking her head.

“I get what you mean. You should have heard him a few minutes ago.” I giggled.

“Why? What did he do?” Mom asked, giggling.

But if one of them even steps out of line in the slightest, I will not hesitate to punch them.” I said, trying my best to get my voice as deep as Craigs.

“But when I told him to not cause any trouble, he was all like ‘Not if they’re like it towards you I won’t.
You’re my girlfriend and I won’t stand for it.’” I laughed.

I looked over at mom and saw her shaking her head.

“I love him, I really do, but he needs to tone it down a bit. I’m 23 not 16.” I said.

“He’s just worried, sweetie.”

I nodded.

“I know.” I said.

We made our way into the lounge, where most of our belongings were, and placed them in our bags.

“Shall we get going?” Mom asked.

“Yeah, we nodded to stop off at Craigs first though, seeing as he doesn’t actually have a clue where they live.”

Mom nodded and we stepped outside, shutting the door behind us, before making the short walk to Craigs. Along the way, we were making small talk. I decided to ask Mom about Jeff, instantly, I saw her eyes fill with happiness. Something that now, when I look back at it all, stopped happening long ago when she was with dad. I listened closely as she told me how they both met and what he was really like, and he did genuinely seem nice, even when I met him briefly the other day.

We finally got to Craigs place, and I knocked on the door. I heard him shout ‘hold on’ before we could hear him run around the place and the door come flying open.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

I looked at him and smirked, he was doing his jeans up and still topless.

“Come in, I just need to finish getting ready.”

Both Mom and I nodded and stepped inside, closing the door behind us. Every time I stepped foot in here, I always wondered why Craig preferred us spending time at my place rather than us spending our time as his. I mean his home was lovely, spacious and just had that comforting feeling.

I looked over at mom, to see her admiring the place, when I heard Craig come down the stairs.

“Sorry about that. I had only just got out of the shower when you knocked.” He said, walking over to kiss me.

“Mm, not a problem.” I smirked. “You ready to go?”

He smiled and nodded, before grabbing my hand. I called over to mom, who nodded and followed us, so we could make the rest of the journey to Vic and Mikes place. We were walking in silence, just enjoying each other company.

As soon as we turned down the street the Fuentes lived on, we could hear the laughter from the back yard. We made our way up the patio, leading to the front door and rang the doorbell.

I could hear all the chatter and someone shout loudly as they made their way to the door, pulling it open, revealing Vic.

“Holy shit, Sophia. What are you doing here?” He asked, looking at us.

“Mike invited us when he came over earlier. Is that alright with you?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He looked around, before looking back at us and nodded, slowly moving to the side letting us in.

“Hey Kim.” He said to my mom.

She smiled and instantly pulling him into a hug, causing me to laugh slightly. She always hugged people, even if she was meeting them for the first time.

“Everyone’s out the back.” Vic said, pointing towards the kitchen way.

I nodded and gripped Craigs hand tighter as we followed Vic. We made our way out the back, where all the noise was. I instantly spotted the two latest members of Pierce The Veil, Jaime and Tony, stood towards the back of the yard, drinks in their hands, laughing loudly, with some guy I had never met before.

Over at the grill was Papa Fuentes while Mike was stood at the table where all the food was with his Mom, chatting and then around four other guys I had never spoken to, sat around the table chatting.
Vic pushed past us and made his way over to Mike, saying something to him, causing his head to shoot up, and look our way. A grin spread its way on his face, as he said something to Mama Fuentes and rushed over to us.

“Soph, I’m so glad you made it.” He said, excitedly, pulling me into a hug.

“I told you I’d think about it.” I laughed.

He pulled away and hugged my mom next, before holding his hand out for Craig to shake. I watched at Craig just stared at Mike’s hand, then a Mike, causing me to nudge him. He looked at me, before sighing and shaking Mike’s hand.

“Come on, come say hello to Mama and Papa Fuentes, they were both really excited when I told them I had invited you.” Mike said, grabbing my hand.

I laughed and followed him as I looked behind me, motioning for Craig and Mom to follow.

“Ma, Pops. Sophia’s here.” Mike said.

They both turned and looked at us, both grinning as Mama Fuentes came over and pulled me into a hug, kissing both my cheeks.

“It’s so good to see you again, Sophia.” Papa Fuentes said, once it was his turn to hug me.

“And Kim, what a lovely surprise to see you too.” He said, turning to my mom.

Instantly, those to falling into deep conversation.

I introduced Craig to them both, as he smiled at them both, accepting the hugs.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to the others.” Mike said suddenly.

I turned to him and nodded. I looked at Craig, asking him if he wanted to come along, which he declined. I shrugged and followed Mike over to where Tony and Jaime were.

“Hey look, it’s Sophia again.” Jaime said, being the first to spot us.

I smiled and nodded, causing him to hug me.

“I thought you hated them both?” He asked, indicating to Vic and Mike.

“No, as much as I want to, I could never hate them.”

He shrugged and moved out the way so Tony could hug me next.

“Anyway, Sophia, this is Jaxin, he’s a good friend of ours.” Mike said.

I turned to Jaxin and smiled, shaking his hand as he nodded.

“Pleasure to meet you.” I said.

“You too.” He smiled.

We let go and said see you later, before Mike led me over to the table where everyone else was. Vic looked up and smile shyly at me.

“Guys, I want you to meet Sophia.” Mike said loudly, getting them to quieten down. “Soph, this is Casey, Chris, Johnny and Tyler.” He said, pointing to each one.

I nodded and waved as they all nodded back. The one known as Casey, popped open and beer bottle and handed it to me. I thanked him and took a sip.

“Well, I need to go and finish helping Ma.” Mike said. “Why don’t you stay and get chatting?”

I nodded and watched as he watched back over to the table where Craig was still stood talking. I smiled at the fact that he was actually taking the opportunity to get to know some of the people here, rather than just sticking by my side the whole time.

“So, Sophia, how do you know these two?” Tyler asked.

“I pretty much grew up with them. I was in the same year and pretty much same classes as Mike and once we started meeting up outside of school he introduced me to Vic and then we pretty much became the best of friends.” I said nodding.

“So how come we have never met you before?” Casey asked.

“Because one day they just up and left for tour, without telling me a single thing and then the whole year they were on tour ignored my texts and calls.” I said, glaring slightly at Vic.

He frowned and looked down at the table, playing with the bottle in his hand.

“Wow dude.” Casey said to Vic.

“I feel bad enough at it is, I don’t need you making it worse.” Vic said back, before looking up at me.

“Can I talk to you inside?” He asked.

I nodded and looked over to where Craig was and saw him watching. I just nodded towards him, letting him know I was fine. I saw him frown still, causing me to turn away and follow Vic inside. Once we were in the lounge, he sat down and patted the spot next to him.

“I’m so sorry, Sophia.” Vic said, looking at me.

“I know you probably had most of this earlier with Mike, but it’s not fair that he apologises and gives you an explanation while I don’t. I’m speaking for myself here and I have no idea what Mike said earlier, but I’m truly sorry and I never meant for any of this to happen. I was just so caught up in all this happening, in starting to live my dream, getting people to hear my lyrics, the music that everything back home just slipped my mind. Even telling the people close to us. As horrible as it sounds, it’s true.”

I just looked at him, nodding, telling him to continue.

“I’m guessing Mike invited you over tonight to try and sort things out and I want to do the same. I want to use tonight to find out what we missed out on and if you’re willing to forgive us, then I promise to contact you as much as possible when we go back on tour in a few months. I also promise to not break that promise. We lost you once, well you lost us once and I don’t want it happening again.

I love you like the sister I never had Sophia, and I hate myself and Mike for that matter for what we did, we were out of line and clearly weren’t thinking about anyone else’s emotions but ours.”

I felt him grab my hand.

“I hope you find it in your heart to forgive us.”

I looked down at my lap and felt myself welling up again. I blinked back the tears as much as possible, before looking over at Vic, to find him watching me. I just nodded and pulled him into a hug.

“I’m sorry for screaming at Mike and you like that yesterday at your show. It was uncalled for.” I choked out.

“No, that was called for. In fact, I was expecting a slap, I know what you’re like, from watching you get into previous arguments.” Vic chuckled.

I giggled too and wiped under my eyes, careful not to smudge my make-up.

“Don’t cry.” Vic said, suddenly hugging me again. “You know I’ll cry also.” He laughed.

I heard him sniffle, causing me to pull away. I looked at him and saw his perfectly brown eyes glistening. I shook my head and felt one of my tears make up’s way down my cheek, eventually followed by more. Vic’s tears started to do the same, causing us both to laugh and hug again.

“A hug fest? Why didn’t you tell me?”

I pulled away and looked around to see Mike making his way over to us. I giggled and moved for him to sit down. He looked between Vic and I before frowning.

“Uh-oh, why are we crying?” He asked.

“Mine are happy tears.” I cried. “I’m just so happy to see you guys again.”

Mike awed and pulled my into a hug.

“What about you bro? Why are you crying?” Mike asked, still hugging me. “Oh wait, don’t tell me. It’s because you saw Soph crying isn’t it?”

I heard Vic croak out a yes, before laughing. Mike told him to join in on the hug and I felt Vic press his chest against my back.

“Just like the old days.” Mike sighed happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys, let me know what you think.

I wasn't expecting it to be this long.

I'm thinking the next chapter should be in Mike's P.O.V. what do you say?

Hope you enjoy this update and I'll be sure to get the next one out soon.

Comment/Subscribe

Becky