Hold You Close

Things were good

I was walking to the Cafeteria after Geometry to meet up with Gerard, and I was feeling pretty good. So far, I have gone through 5 periods, and I was still in one piece. That was, until I found my path blocked by Brandon and one of his obnoxious friends. This one had a short, blonde, buzz cut and was wearing a baseball cap. As soon as I saw them, I felt my breath hitch in my throat. I wanted to run, but I knew they'd just catch up with me.

"Well, what have we got here? You're looking unusually happy today, fag. Let me fix that for you." Brandon jeered.

Before I could even say anything, the blonde on shoved me into the front of a locker. I winced as my back made contact with hard, metal surface. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brandon opening the door that goes outside. I hated to just think about what they were going to do to me.

The blonde one shoved me outside into the cool Autumn air, with Brandon following closely behind as he closed the door. My arms were being held back by Goldilocks, while Brandon pulled his fist back. I shut my eyes tight just before I felt him punch me in the gut. I grunted in pain and nearly fell over. I probably would have if I wasn't being held up. I looked up, but the next thing I knew his meaty fist was colliding with my left eye. The left half of my face was immediately in severe pain. I could feel my eye starting to puff up and swell.

I was thrown onto the ground and they both stood over me.

"So... who's that bitch you were walking with this morning, huh?" Brandon asked.

"D-Don't...call him...a bitch." I said from the ground.

"Why, you got yourself boyfriend, fag?"

I didn't answer. Thinking back, that was probably really dumb of me.

They both started to laugh mockingly. "You'd better hope we don't run into him sometime today. We might have to teach him a lesson."

"D-Don't touch him!" I tried to get up, but one of them kicked me in the gut.

"See you around, faggot." he said as the bell rung for the end of the period.