Hold You Close

Things are good

The next morning, I woke up feeling better than I have in months. Hell, I've never felt this good in my entire life. I got dressed as quickly as possible. The night before, Gerard said he could drive me to school today, and I couldn't wait.

Just as I was finishing my breakfast, the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see my lovely Gerard standing there.

"Hey, beautiful," he said as I stood as tall as I possibly could to kiss him. "Ready to go?"

"I'm there, baby," I said as I grabbed my bag from the couch. Thankfully, my mom was already at work, so Gerard was spared from meeting her.

As we walked outside, he said, "Just so you know, Frank, Mikey's riding with us today. I told him everything last night, and he's totally cool with it."

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "That's great! Do your parents know yet?"

"Er... not yet. But Mikes agreed not to say anything to them yet."

By this time, we had reached his car. Gerard opened the door for me and I giggled as I slid into my seat. I turned around to greet Mikey as Gerard walked around the car to his seat.

"Hey, Mikey. How's it goin?"

"Er... I'm fine, Frank, thanks." He answered nervously. I giggled at how awkward he was.

"What's so funny?" Gerard asked as he got in and started the car.

"Nothing, babe." I replied and kissed him on the cheek.

The whole way to school, me and Gerard were being extra romantic and mushy to make Mikey feel awkward. It was working. He just sat in the back making the occasional retching noise as me and Gee held hands and called each other cute pet names.

When we pulled into the school parking lot, Mikey left the car immediately after saying goodbye to us, which meant we got to have a moment of privacy before putting on our facade. Now that we were both done joking around, we both looked a bit worried about what we were going to face.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Gerard asked.

I gave a nervous laugh. "I'll be perfectly fine. I get beat up everyday, it's nothing new to me. And it's you I'm worried about, anyway." This didn't ease Gerard's conscience, though. If anything, he looked even more worried now. "Look, why don't we just get this over with? There's nothing we can do, anyway."

"...Okay, fine." He gave me one last kiss before we got out of the car.

We quickly walked into the school together, to avoid Brandon and any of his other friends. I wished we could hold hands. I was starting to feel scared, like I normally do when I walk into school. We made it to Chemistry without being harassed. The whole class period we passed notes, but after the class ended, we had to go our separate ways. Chem was the only class we had together, since I was a Sophomore and Gerard was a Senior.

I know I may seem like a sissy for being scared like this, since, like I said to Gerard, it does happen to me everyday, but unless you've been beaten to a pulp multiple times by assholes twice your size, you can't know what it's like. If you were me, you'd be scared shitless too.
♠ ♠ ♠
its a short chapter I know but its follwed by a few good ones