Status: Updating whenever.

Damaged Goods

Chapter 1

When I awoke I was laying in a hospital bed, light flooding into the small white room. My cousin Blake sat in a chair on the left of me, watching some show on the small television in the corner of the room.

I had failed; I was hooked up to several machines. I yawned and Blake looked over.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked.
"I feel terrible," I replied, my voice cracked. Blake nodded.
"So, what happened?" he questioned. I glared at him. He knew exactly what happened. Blake and I were rather close and he knew I would eventually attempt suicide.

"Who found me?" he pointed to himself and gave me a sad smile.
"I didn't think you'd ever actually do it," he mumbled staring off into space.

"I'm sorry," I apologized sincerely and held out my arms, asking for a hug. He came over and warped his arms tightly around me and let out a sob.

"Please don't cry," I begged. "I'm not worth it."
"But you're my favorite cousin," he laughed.
"I'm your only cousin, you ass." I smiled at his glowing smile. I didn't like seeing him sad.

"Your, uh, parents. They got locked up," he whispered. I nodded and pulled him back into a hug. "My parents took custody of you though, so now you live with me," he explained. There was no doubt I had a huge grin on my face and his smile mirrored mine.

"The only issue is that mom wanted to get you all new stuff, and I know you don't like the attention, but you need it, and until she sets up your room you'll be sharing with me," he said. I nodded while he continued to talk about how much fun we were going to have.

It seemed as if only one thought plagued my mind though; I would have to start a new school. I would have a new appearance and no one would know about my past life. Maybe this would be good for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
These will probably get a bit longer but I'm kind of distracted tonight. I'll try again in the morning.