Status: Updating whenever.

Damaged Goods

Chapter 3

The next morning when I woke up I rolled over and took a second to remember when I was. It was Monday and according to my new alarm clock it was only 10 A.M.

I got out of bed, put on a pair of black sweat pants and threw my hair up in a bun. I stumbled out of my room and wandered down the stairs, into the kitchen where I found my aunt.

"Morning she said cheerfully as she broke an egg over a frying pan. I grumbled in response and poured myself a cup of coffee.

"When does school start?" I asked, dreading the answer.
"It should be tomorrow, want an egg?" I nodded and stumbled into the living room and sat down on the couch.

Everything was changing so quickly. I didn't ever think I was getting out of that house.

Rachel came into the room, handed me a plate with my breakfast on it.

"Thanks," I mumbled as I began to eat. It was probably the best food I've had in awhile. Usually all we had around the house was Easy mac and Ramen noodles.

Rachel left the room and came back in after a minute and sat down next to me on the couch.

"I figured it would be fair to let Blake stay home today, you guys could go shopping at the mall for a new wardrobe. Buy whatever you like, there's a couple thousand dollars on here," she said as she handed me a debit card, no doubt, my eyes got ten times bigger than usual.

I knew they were loaded but not, "here's a few thousand dollars to blow," loaded. I took the card and put it in my pocket; I was now guarding this card with my life.

"Blake should be getting up soon, I would go get ready if I were you," Rachel said as she my now empty plate into the kitchen.

I walked back up the stairs just as Blake walked out of his room.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked nervously. He nodded and led me into his room.

"I have some clothes from Kristen, my girlfriend, do you want to borrow those? She won't mind, and you guys have the same style," he rambled as he started to go through some drawer.

I shrugged my shoulders and took some clothes he handed me. I took the clothes and walked back to my bathroom to get ready; after showering I checked out the clothes. I had on black skinny jeans and some band tee that I had recognized from somewhere.

When I finished getting ready I went back downstairs. Blake was sitting on the couch, pretending to be interested in some reality show. He turned around and smiled, "You ready?" I nodded and he stood up and grabbed his keys out of his pocket.

"I invited Kristen, she's going to meet us at the mall," he said as we got into his truck, "I figured you could use a friend tomorrow," Blake explained as we drove towards the mall. I nodded while he kept talking about meeting Kristen, and I still wasn't sure if I was okay with that.