Status: Complete~

Kindred Spirits

Don't Hold Back

(Two Weeks Later)

Mick and Jim had been spending a lot of time together over the past two weeks, they were getting closer to each other and just enjoying each others company; they had shared more information about themselves but Jim was still unwilling to talk about his ex.

Mick did want to pry further but then he didn't want to push Jim, he knew the man might say something one time. The two were currently sat in the cafe where they met, they had a drink of coffee each and were looking over a menu for something to eat.

Jim smiled when he spotted something he wanted to get, he put his menu down and waited for Mick to choose something; he had a little look around the cafe, glad to see that Corey hadn't bailed out of working there already, he gasped when he spotted his ex at the counter, he ducked his head down.

Mick blinked when he saw Jim move, he closed his menu then looked at the tall man, "What are yo-"

Jim pulled Mick down, "Shh. My ex is over there."

Mick sighed, "What do you want? I'll go over. He doesn't know me."

"He might see me and bug me."

"Just kick him," Mick pulled away from Jim's grasp, "What do you want?"

"I was wondering if you'd wanna share a pizza, save on money."

"Okay. What topping?"

"Get a pepperoni."

"Sounds good already," Mick checked Jim's cup, "You want another drink?"

"Yeah," Jim glanced over to his ex; he rolled his eyes when he noticed that the man was flirting with Corey, obviously the blond wasn't too happy, he noticed Jim's gaze and discreetly rose an eyebrow. Jim looked away when he saw his ex turning a little, "Please kill me." He whispered and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"He's coming over."

"Ugh."

"You got me here, if he starts any trouble. I'll make sure that he keeps away."

Jim sat up, "You're here, yes!" He smiled softly, "There's only one way that he'll leave me alone though..."

"What?"

"If I had someone. Actually, he would probably still bother me." Jim sighed.

"Maybe he would learn that you're happy."

"You wanna pay me back, for fixing your car and bike?"

"Of course."

Jim glanced over, Ed was making his way across the cafe and Jim sighed, he looked Mick dead in the eyes, "Kiss me."

"I-I can't do that!" Mick shook his head.

"Why not? You wanna help me out, and you're bisexual. It's just a kiss." Jim shrugged, trying to make it out as nothing when he was actually very keen to feel Mick's lips on his own.

Mick bit the inside of his lip, he wanted to help Jim out but he didn't know if he would only be able to settle for one little kiss, he had a crush on Jim even before they talked to each other; it had only gotten worse over the past two weeks, "You know what. You're right." Mick leaned over, he cupped Jim's cheeks then pressed their lips together.

Jim melted into the kiss, he let his lips move with Mick's, enjoying the control that the bigger man had. Ed gritted his teeth and growled softly, he headed over quickly then pulled the two apart, "Stop it!" He kept hold of Jim and shook the man softly; the people got a little scared by the sudden outburst and quickly left, they hadn't even noticed Jim and Mick kissing since they were contently eating or chatting.

Mick got up and grabbed Ed's arm, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He glared at Ed but the man merely scoffed.

"Get off me you fucking idiot."

"Let go of Jim first and I'll think about it."

"Mick-"

"You think you're tough?" Ed cut Jim off, he let the man go then swung out at Mick; the big man simply caught Ed's arm, he crossed them both over the man's back then pressed his face to the table.

"Don't swing at an ex-cop. That's just stupid," Mick looked to Jim, "You alright?"

"I'm fine." Jim got up.

"I'm still owed a favour, if you wanna take a hit at him."

"It's okay. Recon you can get him put away for stalking?"

"Yeah." Mick easily held Ed down with one arm while he got his phone out, he flipped it open, found the number he needed then dialed it and put the device to his ear.

"I'm going to talk to Corey," Jim smiled to Mick then headed over to his friend, Corey smirked up at Jim and rose an eyebrow, "What?"

"You and Mick...?"

"Oh. That was nothing. He owed me for fixing his car and bike."

"So what? You asked for a kiss."

"I thought it would keep Ed away, apparently not." Jim sighed.

"You liked it and now you're worried you like him."

"You know me too well..."

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it and he could have just walked away. He didn't he helped you."

"What if he finds out abou-"

"Tell him. If you trust him enough Jim, you shouldn't be afraid of keeping that a secret."

"...It's not that. I'm afraid he'll leave me, just like the others. Ed was the first not to fuck off once I talked about that. Except you but we're friends and that's different."

"I'll always be here for you Jim. I don't think Mick will let you down either."

"Well, at least you're hopeful."

"Keep your chin up Jim. Who knows what will happen."

"You're right Corey," Jim looked over to Mick who was still talking on the phone, "Maybe something will happen one day. I really like him now and I don't want to lose him."

Corey smiled softly, "Aw."

"Don't do that."

"But it sounds cute and you've got this sparkle in your eye," Corey reached up and poked Jim's cheek, "You're blushing a little too~"

"Corey stop it." Jim shook his head and hugged Corey up in his arms, the shorter man just laughed, he was glad that someone was finally making Jim happy.

Mick finally finished his call, he heard Jim and Corey laughing so he glanced over, he frowned a little when he saw them hugged up and talking about something, "They're more than just friends." Ed whispered.

"You're wrong."

"I wouldn't be surprised if Jim kissed you just to see who was better. He uses people and you'll be next if you're not careful."

"He's not like that, he's a good person."

"How would you know? So he's put on a fucking façade again just so he can break a few more hearts."

"Just shut up." Mick growled softly.

Jim and Corey pulled away from each other when they heard a police siren, "Go get 'im." Corey teasingly pushed Jim a little.

"Okay, okay," Jim smiled and headed over to Mick; two cops came into the cafe and took Ed from Mick, he merely nodded to them and they left again, "We gotta talk Mick."

"What's up?"

"There's something I've been hiding from you."

Mick blinked at that, "What...?"

"I think it's best if we go somewhere more private."

"Uh, alright," Mick nodded, "To mine?"

"Sure." Jim smiled softly; he wasn't entirely sure if he could do this but then, they still barely knew each other and they had kissed, he couldn't regard it as nothing: as much as he wished he could - they then left the cafe after waving goodbye to Corey.