Status: will update at random

Ebony

Chapter 8

By the time they finished eating it was the afternoon. Which meant that they would have to sleep out in the woods that night before continuing their journey to the next town over. But this did not deter them and they set off in good spirits after their meal.

The beginning of the trip was filled with an awkward silence except for the crunch of their footsteps on the dead leaves on the ground. Carter carried the food sacks as well as his clothes and Ebony carried her own clothes. Ebony was fascinated by the beautiful dagger that hung at her waist and was constantly pulling it out to look at it. She gently caressed the blade and rubbed her thumb over the smooth hilt. At one point in time she felt Carter’s eyes on her as she eyed the blade. She looked up to see that she was right. Once he saw that he was caught he looked away sheepishly.

“I absolutely love it,” she said quietly. He turned to her and smiled.

“I’m glad. There was just something about it that told me that you would love it.”

She grinned back at him. “Well whatever it was it was right.”

They continued walking in a slightly awkward silence. Ebony thought about how little she knew about Carter, yet he knew a decent amount about her. She decided to change that.

“How old are you, Carter?” she asked. “You seem so young, so I was just wondering.”

He looked at her with a perplexed look at first, but then he smiled. “I’m twenty-two.”

Ebony was taken aback. “Really? You’re a fugitive at such a young age. The fugitives my mother and I saw were usually middle aged men or sometimes older.”

Carter sighed. “I made a huge mistake a few months ago that forced me to run.”

He stopped in his tracks. Ebony turned and looked back at him. He was staring down at his feet. She walked to him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He looked up at her and offered her a crooked grin.

“Talk to me, Carter,” Ebony whispered gently. “What happened?”

“Let’s rest and eat,” he said, “then I’ll tell you everything.”

They sat and ate in silence. Ebony was intrigued at what Carter’s story might be. She quietly watched him nibble on his bread. He was staring off into space and it was obvious that he was lost in thought. Her heart clenched at this sad sight. She had so far never seen him like this. After they finished their meal Carter began his story.

“I lived in a relatively small village, no much bigger than the one we left a while ago. I was engaged to this girl whom I was not too fond of. She used to be in love with me but she was obsessive and I made sure I told her so. She was heartbroken and made sure I was miserable ever since. Unfortunately our parents were convinced we were in love and also wanted to help our small businesses so they engaged us. I was miserable and she knew I was so she relished in it. However, since she knew I hated her she was also miserable with the engagement.”

He paused here and Ebony urged him on comfortingly.

“So she was unfaithful. She slept around with the other men about my age in the village, even my younger brother. I knew she was doing this and I confronted her in front of her family. I was angry. Although I was not happy with the engagement I still wanted a faithful wife. So I broke the engagement. But this made her family angry and her brother attacked me… And I killed him.”

Ebony gasped in fear and surprise. She did not expect this of him. In truth it was the last thing she expected from him. Carter saw the look on her face and began to explain.

“I didn’t mean to, that’s just how it happened. I only meant to severely hurt him and I ended up knocking him out… But he never woke up. I never meant for that to happen and I will never forgive myself for it.”

Ebony didn’t know what to say. She knew she was travelling with a fugitive but never a murder. Carter was too kind to be a murderer. But nevertheless he was one. This news shocked her, and she felt really afraid of what would happen to her.

“You shouldn’t be afraid, Ebony,” Carter said as if reading her mind, “I promise I won’t hurt you. I don’t want to. I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

Ebony couldn’t help but believe Carter. This man was not a murderer; he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. If he wanted to hurt me he would’ve done so already. Ebony got the urge to hold Carter, and she did. She reached over and wrapped her arms around him to comfort him.

“I believe you, Carter,” she whispered.

Carter smiled at her. “Thank you.”

They continued their trek in silence. It wasn’t long before the sun began to set. This forced them to stop and make a camp to rest for the night. Ebony sat and watched as Carter lit the fire. After being on his own for three months he was a natural. She watched as he shook his hair out of his eyes to see what he was doing. He had nice muscles as well. Ebony had to admit that Carter was very good-looking, but she knew better than to do anything about it. She wanted to learn from her mother’s mistakes, not only the one with her father but also with the noble. After those incidents, Ebony refused to trust men.

Ebony looked up and realized Carter was staring at her. It was clear he had just asked her something.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Ebony asked.

“I asked if you were alright,” Carter replied.

Ebony realized that she had pulled her knees in toward her and more or less curled up in a ball.

“Yes, I’m okay.” It was only half a lie.

Carter shrugged and sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. She looked at him with a confused look.

“You seemed cold,” he explained.

They sat there together for a while in silence. Ebony wondered what Carter was thinking. Was he plotting to somehow take all of her things and kill her? Was he going to try to take advantage of her? Or was it how he was going to try and keep her safe? Ebony wasn’t entirely sure and she wasn’t planning on asking.

Suddenly Carter looked over to her and kissed her. Ebony was taken by surprise at this and didn’t know how to respond. When she came to her senses she realized she was enjoying the kiss and began to kiss Carter in return. Carter became more confident at this and his hands began to move all over her body from her breasts down her sides to her ass. He gently squeezed her breast and Ebony moaned in pleasure. Carter kissed her neck and moved his hand under her dress and rubbed her sweet spot which was now becoming wet with desire. Ebony wanted him to go farther, but in the back of her mind something screamed at her to stop. An image of her mother appeared in her mind and Ebony was shot back into her senses. She pushed Carter away and backed away from him. He sat there shocked. Then his face broke into realization.

“Oh, Christ… Ebony, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to go that far. I was just caught up in the moment, you know? I’m sorry, Ebony. I won’t touch you again.”
Ebony breathed heavily for a few moments then replied. “I know, Carter, I was caught up in the moment too. In truth it wasn’t you who repelled me it was me… My mother… I don’t know how to explain it.”
“No, it’s okay, Ebony. I understand.” He paused for a moment. “I think I’m going to sleep anyway.” And with that he curled but by the fire and fell asleep.

Ebony waited a few moments before doing the same, except she couldn’t sleep. All she could think about was Carter and how good and right it felt to be held by him and pleasured by him. She wanted more of it, but she refused to be like her mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please please subscribe and comment! I want to know what everyone thinks! You are all so horribly silent it's killing me!