You Are Exactly My Brand of Heroin

Can I Hide the Truth?

The Las Vegas sun was still high in the sky and warming the entire city, but it made everything around us even more beautiful. We all stood outside of Gallagher's Steakhouse after eating. Everyone was talking and smoking cigarettes - including me. I took a long hit off of the cigarette that Zack, Brian, and I were sharing and handed it back to Zack who stood beside me with his arm draped around Taylor's shoulders. We were all about to part our own ways meaning that the guys were going to go do their thing and us girls were going to do ours. Brian handed the cigarette back to me as I took the last hit off of it and threw it to the ground letting Brian stomp on it to make sure it wasn't lit anymore.

"That place was really good, Brian," Taylor said. Brian nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, I know. The last time we were in Vegas we ate here. Remember that Zack?" Zacky laughed. I loved it when Zack laughed. He looked so adorable and it was one of the times in which he was most comfortable which was good. Brian did, too, but when he laughed, he looked even more amazing. He was already gorgeous, I could tell you that, but when he laughed or even smiled, he looked absolutely ravishing. This caused Taylor and I to laugh even though we had no clue as to what was going on.

"What's so funny?" I asked, looking up at Brian.

"Well, the last time we ate here, Zack's steak wasn't quite up to his expectations so he decided that it was better off in Jimmy's face, and then from there it was just an all out food fight. Until the kicked us out, of course, but it was good so I decided to bring you guys here." Taylor and I looked at each other and laughed.

"It was even funnier when I did it. Matt was laughing so hard he was crying, and Val was just looking at us like we were insane and she got up from the table and walked out like she didn't know us. She was totally embarrassed, but it was great," Zack added. Yup, these were the guys I knew and loved. The more comfortable they became around us the more of themselves shone through, and I was thankful for that. Still yet, I could see a lot of changes in the boys that was well beyond their appearance. Take my brother for instance. He's become so mature, and I'm sure that it's because of Val. I don't really mind it, though. After all, he is marrying her. Jimmy's become a real softy too. Not that he hasn't always been one, but he's just more sensitive to the way others feel now. A lot of it probably has to do with Leana, who is also getting married only it'll be to Jimmy, but she's a good girl and we've known her for years. The same can be said for Val. Zack, though, he's still the same old, same old Zack. Still pulling all of his maniac pranks, but is also making time for some ass in between. Johnny, well, he's even crazier now then he was when he was younger. His alcohol tolerance has shot way up, and he's become even more of a partier which can be expected when you're making as much money as these guys are. He's even got the girlfriend to fit his lifestyle. Lacey, who we've all known since we were kids as well, was born to be a party girl and she loves to be out in the night life. She and Johnny are just perfect for each other. The girls haven't really changed much. Val and Leana have changed just a little, but it's due to their engagements and the changes in their boys. Brian is the one who has changed the least. He's still the same Brian that I knew when we were kids, but it looks to me like his rock star status is getting to his head a bit. We can change that, though, can't we?

"Alright girls. Are we ready to get going?" Val asked as she, Leana, Lacey, Natalie, and Ciara walked over to us. Taylor and I nodded. Brian smiled down at me and hugged me.

"I'll text you, okay?" he whispered in my ear. I smiled into his shoulder and nodded lightly. Taylor softly kissed Zack's lips before hugging him and tearing away from his grip. Her eyes saddened and I could tell that she loved being with him. It had only been two days, but I could already see that these two were made for each other and that tour would be quite interesting with these two on board.

"We'll take Abby's Hummer while you guys take Matt's and Zack's cars," Leana told more than suggested to us. The guys nodded and took off in the direction of the crowd of guys down the sidewalk. Us girls, on the other hand, took our time making our way back to my Hummer.

"So, Taylor? I see you've taken a liking to Zacky-poo," Lacey laughed. Taylor blushed and everyone joined in on laughing with Lacey.

"Yeah. He's gorgeous and he's such a sweetheart. I don't know if you would call us and item just yet, but I definitely know that it'll go somewhere," Taylor smiled. Everything cooed at what she'd said as she blushed yet again. "Okay, you guys! Stop it!" she laughed.

"It's okay, Tay. It's not a bad thing that you've been in Zacky's pants and liked it," Ciara laughed. Taylor punched her arm playfully before climbing into the passenger seat of my Hummer. Ciara, Natalie climbed into the seat behind us while Val, Leana, and Lacey climbed into the seat behind them. After everyone was settled, we left the restaurant. Taylor decided that we needed some beats so she fed my CD player My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade. Once that was all set, everyone was satisfied and we were on our way to have some fun.

---

We pulled up to a local club, which I knew was where Zack was going to take us. I sat in the passenger seat beside him while Garrett, Logan, and Johnny sat in the backseat. Zack's car was way too small for all of us, and I'd told him before hand that he was going to have to get an even bigger car now that our family was even bigger. Much to my surprise, he was willing to part with his precious Benz for something a little more family style.

We climbed out of the car one by one once Zack had parked by the curb. The others climbed out of Matt's car and filed onto the sidewalk along with us. Once our group was together, we all made our way inside. It was extremely dark inside, with multi-colored strobe lights shining in every direction possible on the dance floor. There were several rooms above the dance floor, which must be the V.I.P. because moments later, a girl dressed in a very tight and rather short dress and stilettos was leading us up to one of them.

"So, what can I get for you boys?" she asked as soon as we were all inside the room. Johnny and Jimmy immediately ran over to the pool table and began to set up for us. Garrett, Logan, and Brett plopped onto the enormous leather couches while Matt, Zack, Jordan, and I stood by the waitress to tell her that what all we wanted.

"Oh, and would you mind bringing us a bottle of Jack Daniels and some Coke?" Matt asked the waitress. She nodded and smiled brightly at him. He muttered a 'thanks' just before walking off toward the pool table.

"Haner," I heard from behind me. I turned around just in time to catch a pool stick that Johnny had thrown to me. "Why don't you get your ass over here and break?" he said. I smiled and walked over to them. Moments later, the same waitress returned with a tray full of beers and then a full bottle of Jack Daniels and a full bottle of Coke along with some shot glasses. After breaking all of the balls out of their triangular shape that they'd kept from the holder and making a few of the solid colored balls in the pockets, the guys either sided with me or whoever was claiming the striped balls while Zack made drinks. Tonight was definitely going to be pretty bad ass, but in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but wonder what Abby was up to and I could see it on Zack's face that he was dying to know how Taylor was doing. He truly liked her and we'd talked about that in the car on the way here, but once he discovered that Taylor was Garrett's younger sister, he laid off a bit. Still yet, I knew that Garrett liked Zack and he wouldn't mind much if Zack had a thing going with his sister. Zack didn't seem to mind either because he was still going to be seeing her, and there was no doubt about that.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a vibration in the right front pocket of my jeans. I pulled my phone out to find a text message from Abby while Matt took his shot.

"Yo, Brian?" Matt spoke up after he'd taken his shot and it was Johnny's turn.

"Yeah?" I asked as I opened the message to read it.

Hey u! We r just about to go shoppin for our little girl date. What r u losers up 2? :)

Same old, same old Abby. Always had something good to say about us. I smiled to myself and replied as Matt walked over to me.

"Brian?" he asked as he gripped my shoulder.

"Yeah, bro? What's up?" I asked as I shoved my phone back into my pocket.

"Don't worry about Abby. She's fine, alright? We're supposed to be having a guys night, man. That means that we're not supposed calling or texting any of the girls. Got it?" I nodded.

"Alright, man." I knew he was just upset because I'd been alone with Abby and so close to her earlier at the restaurant, but I was going to let it slide. He was one of my best friends, and I wasn't about to let his own sister come between, even though she was one of my best friends as well, but maybe Abby meant a bit more to me. Maybe that's why I get so defensive whenever Matt tells me to lay off, and even when he did it when we were kids. Maybe there's something between us that's been there for so long, but I haven't...

That's impossible.

There's no way that Abby's had feelings for me that she's never shown. We told each other everything, and I even saw things that she was feeling that no on else did. Could I have honestly missed that or am I just crazy? This is all crazy. There's no way. There's no way she loves me, and even if she doesn't love me, can I be in love with her? I mean, I can't be in love with her even though I know that I... I want to be. I am in love with Abby, and I have been for years. I've been so afraid to admit it, but seeing her now just makes me want to pour my heart out to her. She's that missing part of my heart, and I can't pass her up. I can't let anyone else have her. Still yet, Matt would kill me. He'd murder me if he ever knew that one of his best friends ever laid a hand on his baby sister. Especially now that we're back with her.I'd have to I have to hide it, but can I hide the truth?