You Are Exactly My Brand of Heroin

A Late-Night Stroll.

We sat outside for what seemed like forever, just talking. We talked about everything, including how we were going to manage on tour seeing as we were one guitarist short, but being the gentleman he is, Brian offered to replace Garrett. I couldn't have been happier. I knew that being on stage with Brian was going to be amazing, but what worried me was the fact that he was going to be working over time. I wasn't so sure that I could withstand a repeat of yesterday's incident, but Brian promised that he'd get plenty of rest before and after the shows, not that it made me feel any better. I knew how he was. He's a guy. He says one thing and does another. We'll just have to see how it works out later on.

That night, after everyone had gone home and everyone in the house had gone to bed, I snook over to Brian's room to see if he was still awake. He was sitting up in bed watching The Covenant. He shifted his gaze from the TV to me and smiled, pulling back the comforter and patting a place on the bed next to him. I smiled in return and closed the door behind me before walking over to the bed. I cuddled into the side of his bare chest and rested my hand on his lower abdomen. He draped his arm around my shoulders, rubbing circles through the thin fabric of my shorts. He kissed the top of my head and I sighed contentedly.

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"No. Of course not. I can never sleep without you there." I listened to the rumbling in his chest as he chuckled and looked down at me.

"You'll be sleeping peacefully soon, babe," he said as he leaned down and kissed my lips. I smiled up at him and stroked his abdomen with my thumb. Silence fell over us as we both turned our attention back to the TV, but it didn't last for long.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Brian asked. Surprised but up for it, I nodded and climbed out of the bed. Brian pulled on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt then we both left his room. We descended the stairs as quietly as possible and slipped through the kitchen and sliding glass doors after we'd reached the bottom. The cool, salty air hit me like a crashing wave once we were out on the deck. I absolutely adored the ocean. I remembered all the times that Grams and Gramps had brought me and Matt out here to play. We always built sand castles and drew our names in the sand with sticks and splashed each other with water. We carried our love for the beach into our teenage years, sharing it with our friends. As teenagers we always came out here to have bonfires, barbeque's, drink, party, and fish. Those were the best days of my life, and I'd give anything to re-live them.

Brian brought me out of my thoughts by grabbing my hand and dragging me off the deck behind him. We made it to the shoreline in a short amount of time after a bit of running. We began walking along the shore, letting the tide soak our bare feet. Brian kept his hands in his pockets, staring down at his feet as he dug his toes into the sand. I crossed my arms over my chest, staring out at the ocean as the moon shone across it, leaving a silver blanket on its surface.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I said, breaking the silence between us. It wasn't an awkward silence, but I felt a need for words.

"Yeah, it is," Brian said, briefly looking up at the ocean and me. "I used to take walks like this out here all the time, but I haven't in a while."

"Why not?" I asked, looking over at him.

His eyes met mine and he said, "I didn't have anyone to walk with." I smiled at him and took his hand in mine, lacing our fingers together. Brian smiled at me, raising our intertwined hands to his lips so that he could kiss the skin on the back of my hand. Silence surrounded us again but not for long.

"Abby, you know I love you, and I care a lot about you. We've been through a lot in such a short amount of time, but that's exactly why I want you to move in with me." We both stopped walking, and I stared at Brian.

"You what?" I asked in utter shock.

"I want you to move in with me. It seemed logical since we're together, and I figured that you'd want to be closer to your friends and family."

I couldn't believe what he was saying. It wasn't the fact that he wanted me to move in with him. Since we were together, I knew we'd move in at some point in time, but I didn't think it would be right after tour. That also meant something else: Matt would know about us before tour ended. My heart was pumping so hard from all the excitement that I could hear it behind my ear drums then another thought crossed my mind. What about Taylor and the guys? It would be really rude of me to break up the band and leave them behind just because I was moving to Huntington Beach to live with my boyfriend. Still yet, Taylor was growing very fond of Zack, which meant that she'd most likely move in with him after the tour had ended, but that left the guys. I mean, their entire families lived in Vegas, but they would only be a state away from them and they could visit them whenever they wanted to. Maybe they won't mind moving to California, but I'll make a mental note to ask them about it later. Right now, Brian needs an answer.

"Of course I'll move in with you," I said. Brian smiled and locked our lips in a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he set his hands on my hips.

"I'm glad you said yes, Abby," Brian said after pulling away.

"Me, too." He kissed my lips once more before taking my hand, and we began walking again. Like before, comfortable silence settled between us, but it was my turn to break it and I was taking it.

"Wanna take a dip?" I asked Brian.

He chuckled and said, "Are you kidding me?" I looked out at the water and back at Brian, maintaining a serious expression and shook my head.

"No. I'm not. I'm serious. Let's go," I said, tugging on his arm. He sighed and gave in.

"Fine." I only drug him to the water for a few feet then he let go and ran the rest of the way with me. We played in the water for a long time. It was fun, though. We had our chance to let the kid in us shine through, and it was nice. We weren't fighting or worrying about anyone seeing us. I could definitely tell that it was going to be nice to be like this all the time.

Brian and I left the ocean after a while. Neither of us had any idea what time it was, and we really didn't care. The only thing on our minds was getting clean, so we snook back inside and back up to our rooms. We took a rather innocent shower together, seeing as Brian didn't want our first time to be under running water. After that, we both dressed quickly and said goodnight before climbing into our own beds.

I felt as if I were asleep for five minutes before I woke to Val and Ciara shaking me. I groaned and told them to go away so I could go back to sleep, but it was no use. They were being persistent.

"Come on, Abbs. You have to get up! Today's the big day. Cam and the Berrys bought some new furniture to go in Brian's bedroom, and it's all ready for the big reveal. We all know what's going down tonight, so get up so we can go to the spa and get your hair, make-up, and nails done! The guys think it's just a big girls day out, so let's go before they decide to do something crazy and we have to clean it up!" Val said. I rolled over and sat up.

"Fine. Whatever you say." I pulled on a tank top, a pair of jeans, and a pair of black high-top Converse before grabbing my bag and sunglasses. With that, I was off to prepare myself for a night that my friends had planned for me to lose my virginity to the love of my life.