Status: Complete

Learn How to Play the Game

Epilogue

My hands were shaking as my Dad reached into the car and took my hand. I stepped out and laughed nervously as some people took pictures. My Dad took my hand and looped it through his arm.

“You ready?” he asked and I giggled nodding.

“I’ve been ready since he asked me.” I told him and my Dad laughed softly.

1 year earlier.

“Haz!” I laughed hitting his arm as we walked along the beach.

Harry and I had been staying in a cottage by the beach having a couple of weeks off from the busyness of London for the past two weeks. We had been blessed with actual sunshine which was rare for the normally cool English summers. It had been warm enough that my legs weren’t cold despite being in a pair of shorts at half nine in the evening. I was wearing Harry’s jumper and holding my sandals in my spare hand. I watched as Harry laughed at my reaction, he was just in a pair of red shorts and a plain white tshirt his necklace rested on his chest and I spun my ring around as my eyes landed on the paper airplane token.

“I’m just saying I wouldn’t say no.” he shrugged and his eyes sparkled as I laughed.

“She’s older than your mum!” I exclaimed and he shrugged.

“It’s irrelevant though isn't it,” He looked down at me grabbing my hand in his, “even if I had the opportunity to I wouldn’t because I have you.”

“You’re so cheesy sometimes Styles.” I shook my head despite the smile on my face.

“I’m glad we did this.” He swung our hands and I nodded as he changed the topic, “just the two of us.”

“It’s been lovely.” I nodded before furrowing my eyebrows together, “someone has lit up our tower.”

Harry and I had spent every night since we got here sat on a lifeguard tower that had been abandoned years ago. But it was now lit up with fairy lights and it looked magical.

“It’s so pretty.” I tugged at his hand pulling him along as I sped up.

He chuckled but followed me without even trying to slow me down. As we got closer I noticed that there was a white blanket on the floor with a bottle of champagne and two empty flutes. My eyebrows pulled together as my eyes landed on the yellow cushions, they were from the sofa in the conservatory of the house we were staying in and then I noticed the flowers; daisies and dusty coloured roses.

“Harry?” I turned to him and he smiled softly at me.

“Come on.” He pulled me up the stairs till we were both stood in the centre of the blanket.

I dropped my sandels and my heart rate sped up as it always does when he does something romantic.

“Harry.” I said softly and he smiled, “why?”

“Shh,” he placed his finger to my lips, “just…shh.”

He took my hands in his before he dropped down onto one knee and I gasped, loudly, so loudly in fact that Harry chuckled at my reaction. He kissed the ring on my right hand briefly before dropping it to my side.

“Blair Louise Monroe, I have spent days trying to work out the perfect way to do this for you because you deserve this to be perfect. We have been together for over three years and they are the best years of my life. I know we’re young and that everyone says that you shouldn’t do this so young but why shouldn’t we? It doesn’t matter if I ask you today or in five years time, we’ll still feel the same.” He took a breath and I bit my lip my eyes never leaving his, “when I was a kid I always thought that I wouldn’t fall in love because it seemed like it was just a lot of hassle that ended in heartbreak. Then I got a bit older and loved the idea of love. I used to dream about finding someone that I would look forward to coming home to, the person who I would want to ring first when something happened and the person who when I woke up next to made getting up in the morning better because she was there. I used to look at the relationships around me and think about the parts I would want, I wanted to be honestly able to say that the person I was in love with was my best friend and the person who I would honestly die for. When I met you.”

He laughed softly pausing to wipe a tear off my cheek and I sniffed as I giggled.

“Sorry.” I bit my lip and he shook his head laughing lightly before taking a breath before talking again.

“When I first met you I knew you didn’t even think further than me being a friend of your best friend. But you were all I could think about. You were so warm and friendly and you were heart stoppingly beautiful. When we first started becoming friends I wanted more and I needed you around. I loved making you laugh and getting you flustered because that meant you felt the same. That you wanted me like I wanted you. We’ve been through a lot of things together and whenever anything comes up I know that it will be okay because we’ll just lay down and talk about it. We’ll figure it out together because we’re our own little team and nothing can beat us. I love everything about you from your laugh to the way you look when you’re yelling at me. Even when you are arguing with me you are the most beautiful person I have ever met.” He laughed softly and I wiped another tear that had fallen, “I love knowing you in ways other people don’t, I love that I can look at you and not even say a word and you know what I mean. We live this life that is crazy and so full of drama and yet we’re still here laughing together. I used to dream about being remembered as an amazing performer but now I only dream about being known as your other half. Your soulmate. Your husband. So Blair Monroe, will you please make my dream come true and be my wife? Will you marry me?”

Present.

I hadn’t even second guessed my answer and the kiss that followed still left my lips tingling as I remembered it. My Dad opened the door to the church and revealed Jenny, Eleanor and Dani who were all waiting in their bridesmaids dresses. They all hugged me quickly whispering in my ear about how beautiful I looked. I blushed and they all walked out to meet the boys to walk down the aisle first. Eleanor was standing with Zayn as Louis stood at the front of the church with Harry already. El nodded at the harpist who started playing and she told Lux to start walking as she was the flower girl. Soon the wedding march started playing and butterflies erupted in my stomach, my grip tightened on my dad and he placed a kiss on my temple. As soon as I stepped out the doors there were gasps in the pews either side but my gaze was locked on Harry at the end of aisle. His mouth was parted and he was shaking his head before he was wearing the biggest smile, Louis whispered something in his ear and Harry nodded his eyes never leaving mine.

“I love you.” My dad kissed my cheek as we reached the end of the aisle.

“I love you too.” I smiled before stepping forward and taking Harry’s outstretched hand.

“You look…” he trailed off and I laughed.

“So do you.” I knew I was wearing a stupidly large smile but he honestly looked too good for words.

I handed Jenny my bouquet of daises, sunflowers and dusty roses. I smiled as I noticed the daisy that sat in Harry’s buttonhole. His thumb stroked my hand softly as the ceremony began. When we eventually made it to the vows I was suddenly nervous about reading mine out. Louis stepped forward to hand Harry a piece of paper and he took it glancing down at it before handing it back to Louis. He took both of my hands in his and our eyes locked onto each other, it was suddenly like nobody was there and it was just the two of us.

“I promise to be there for you every single day no matter what, I will always be there to hold you and protect you from whatever life throws at us. I vow to forever lay under the stars with you no matter how cold outside it is. I promise to hold your hand during the scary parts of movies and I will let you rant at me about things I can’t quite follow.” He bit his lip nervously and I smiled softly every word he said was so perfect and personal, just like we had promised, “I promise that this is forever, that I will never walk out on you and that I will never let you walk out on us. I will chase after you every time you storm away from me. I will hold you when you cry even when you push me away. I promise to make you as happy as I can every day. There has not been a day that has gone by since the first time I met you that I haven’t wanted to keep you wrapped up in my arms. Everyday I wake up and I’m excited to see what happens, what you’ll do that will either confirm how well I know you or completely throw me. I love that about you, that you can still completely catch me off guard. I can’t wait to have children with you, I have never met anybody else who I could ever imagine having children with and I know you’ll be the best mum in the entire world. That you will love our children the same way you love me and I couldn’t ask for more for my child. You are completely perfect to me and I vow to make sure you know that every day from now till the day we die. I will love you forever but even forever doesn’t feel like long enough.”

I sniffed but leant forward and wiped the tear that had fallen down his face, he smiled before reaching out and wiping the tears from my eyes. I took a shaky breath in before I started to read out my vows.

“Harry Styles.” I sighed and a grin spread across both of our faces, “I didn’t even know how to begin this. How I was supposed to write down all the things I love about you and that I vow to do because I would do absolutely anything for you. I know you have this theory that I’m better with words, I’m really not but I promise that I will try and make these vows everything you hope they will be. I promise to let you borrow my band t-shirts without complaining. I promise that I will be there to pick up every phone call in the early hours of the morning when nobody is awake but you have the world on your mind. I vow to forever be there for you whenever you need me. I will catch any plane, train or bus to get to you when you need me, nowhere will ever be too far and no time will ever be short notice. I swear that I will never let us go to sleep on an argument and I won’t walk away from you. I swear that I will listen when you tell me to stop drinking but you know I can’t promise I’ll always stop.” There were soft chuckles through the church and Harry’s warm laugh joined them, “I vow to always wear a dress on our anniversaries because I know you love me in a dress. I love you Harry Styles, with every fibre of my being I love you. I hate spending even an hour away from you. I love that we always know what each other is doing. Whenever I wake up to you I’m always shocked that you picked me. I never feel like I deserve your love but I swear I will try every day to be worth it. You have always looked at me in a way nobody else has, it’s like you see me in a completely different light and I love that because you make me feel like anything is possible. You push me when others don’t. I swear to be the best mum to our children that I can possibly be. I lay awake at night worrying about it but I have never spent a second worrying about you being their Dad. Whenever I close my eyes and imagine having children it is always you there holding them tightly with that protective look in your eye because nobody knows better than me how protective you are. Our children will have the best Dad in the world because you are the best man I have ever met. I will love you from now and until forever Harry Styles, if you’ll have me.”

He smiled softly as he reached forward and wiped the tears that had fallen down my face, I once again did the same to him. I glanced around the room and noticed our friends all sniffing wiping the tears away with smiles on their faces. It was perfect, it was everything we had hoped it would be because Harry and I had fun as well as being in love and we had so wanted our vows to reflect that. To include our own inside jokes.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

I smiled as Harry grinned down at me, his hands reaching out and encircling my waist pulling me close, I ran a hand into his hair as the other cupped his face softly before he pressed his lips to mine, our first kiss of our married lives and I couldn’t help the familiar feeling creeping down my spine. He deepened the kiss and I obliged as the church erupted with clapping and hoots of happiness. Harry pulled away pressing his forehead against mine, I smiled back at him before reaching forward for another kiss because I could never only kiss this boy once. He grinned into the kiss before picking me up and spinning me around much to the delight of our guests. He finally placed me back on the floor and he laced our fingers together.

“Ready Mrs Styles?” he grinned and I laughed happily.

“Oh I was born ready Mr Styles.” I replied and he laughed as we started walking back through the church people smiled at us as we finally made it to the door opening it and Harry looked down at me.

We were finally married. It was official that he was officially mine and that I was officially his. We posed for photos and the guests threw colourful sprinkles much to our amusement and as I caught Louis eye I knew it was down to him. That this was his way of being a part of every photo because coloured sprinkles were so Louis. We got into the back of a vintage car that Harry had picked out, the door closed and it shut all of the noise out, I turned to look at Harry and everything just melted away. He smiled at me and I leant forward catching his lips in mine.

“I can’t believe that today is actually happening.” I shook my head and he nodded.

“You are now officially Mrs Blair Louise Styles.” He told me and I felt my lips tug into the biggest smile.

We eventually reached the reception venue and walked in to the cheers of our guests. The room was all white and soft yellow with hundreds of my favourite flowers. Harry held my hand until the food was served and we all started eating. I paused for a moment and looked around the room as it was filled with laughter and people talking, I felt Harry squeeze my knee.

“You okay?” he asked and I nodded.

“I’m so happy.” I shook my head laughing softly, “everyone is here and is happy.”

“I know.” He smiled, “all that matters though is that you’re happy.”

“And you.” I bit my lip, “are you happy Harry?”

“Am I happy?” he asked laughing, “I have never been happier B.”

“Never?” I raised an eyebrow and he shook his head.

“Never ever.” He promised and I grinned.

“I love you.” I told him.

“That’s handy given that we just got married.” He grinned and I laughed hitting his arm.

“Don’t get smart with me Styles.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re a Styles now as well.” He grinned as I closed my eyes shaking my head and laughing to myself.

We finished the food and Louis stood up signally that it was time for our first dance. Harry and I stood up as Louis took hold of the microphone.

“The first dance.” Louis grinned and I looked at Harry nervously.

He took my hand in his and we walked to the center of the dancefloor and he wrapped his arms around me as the opening bars to our favourite song. He dropped his head to my shoulder and started singing softly.

“A little flame in the coldest of winters for me well that’s enough. So if you ask me why do I love her, I’d say tell me now what’s not to love?” he voice was low and soft and my grip on him tightened.
He chuckled softly placing a kiss on my shoulder. He pulled back to look down at me, I smiled up at him singing softly myself which caused him to smile. I reached forward placing a soft kiss on his lips. He dropped his head back to my ear again.

“She keeps me safe from the trouble I see and she keeps me out of jail. Tiny fuse in a beat up machine. She’s my daisy in the dust. So if you ask me why do I love her, I’d say tell me now what’s not to love?” he sung and I grinned happily as he looked down at me the song drawing to a close.

Everyone had smiles on their faces and I couldn’t help but giggle and bury my face in Harry’s chest. We went to sit back down and have the speeches.

“I have a speech to make.” Louis stood up, “it’s a hard speech to make because as much as I am Harry’s best man I am also a best friend to the girl he is marrying. I could embarrass both of them with stories of them individually but I thought I’d talk about some of the memories I have of them together instead. As many of us know, well all of us thanks to how documented our lives are, Harry and Blair haven’t always had the most stable of relationships. They were apart for a year and I used to think that I was the most stubborn person ever but these two, wow. These two are stubborn. There was a while where we all worried that they wouldn’t be together and we worried because they are so obviously soulmates. I’ve known Blair since I was about 7 and I used to worry about her a lot because she was always telling me that she didn’t want to fall in love. She wasn’t even just saying it to be dramatic either, she honestly believed that love was in books and for everyone but her. She was adamant that she wouldn’t get married and that the idea of trusting someone that much just wasn’t for her.”

Harry looked over at me and smiled and I blushed, he squeezed my hand.

“When I met Harry we spoke about love and he was the most hopless romantic guy I had ever met. He wanted it all, he wanted the wedding, the wife and children but what he really wanted was to find someone to be his everything. I remember listening to him talk one night and shaking my head telling him he watched too many movies. When they first got together I wasn’t their biggest fan and then again when they got back together. It’s safe to say I hit the roof when Blair told me.” Louis laughed as the boys and I all made sounds of agreement, “but I only had to wait to see them together for all my anger to disappear. They are the most sickeningly sweet couples which is funny because their personalities aren’t like that. They are both have this wild streak in them that you wouldn’t associate with romantics but when they are together they balance each other. Blair knows how to talk Harry down and Harry knows how to pull Blair back. They are each others biggest supporters and as a best friend that it is the most comforting thing to know. I don’t wory about them because they have each other. As long as they have each other as far as they are concerned they have it all. So please raise your glasses to the happy couple.”

Everyone raised their glasses and then Zayn, Niall and Liam stood up. I looked at Harry curiously and he shrugged. The boys then went on to rattle off stories of us that had the crowd laughing.

“She was soaking wet.” Zayn laughed, “but she was laughing and I didn’t understand why until Harry and Louis appeared behind her. I had thought she was wet but they looked like a couple of drown rats. She had just dumped freezing cold water over them.”

I laughed as Harry shook his head at me, I pressed my lips to his cheek giggling and he sighed wrapping his arm around me and holding me close. After the speeches were all finished it was time to return to the dancefloor. I smiled as the boys walked onto the small stage and I walked onto the dancefloor to meet my Dad who was standing with a smile on his face. The music started playing and the boys started singing softly. The Way You Look Tonight was Harry’s choice. He said it was the perfect song to sum up how he felt every time he looked at me. I also had always said that I loved their cover of it on the x factor and that the way Harry sounded in it made my knees weak. I rested my head on my Dad’s chest as I listened to my husband sing his solo, my Dad rubbed soft circles on my back and I smiled up at him.

“He loves you so much.” His tone was in awe, “the way you two look at each other.”

I giggled as he shook his head.

“I love him.” I told him, “I love you too. I’m so happy right now. Dancing with you, Harry singing with our best friends and just being surrounded by people who I love. It’s all so perfect.”

After the song finished my Dad went back to the top table to sit next to Jay. Anne was smiling and I knew she hadn’t stopped since earlier that morning. I was distracted as Louis took my hand to dance with me first, Liam started singing You are so beautiful, I grinned as he spun me around before settling into an easy waltz hold. I smiled up at him and he grinned.

“Everything okay Boo?” I asked and he nodded.

“It’s perfect.” He told me, “growing up I always thought about this day with disdain. Having to officially give you over to someone else but today. Today I couldn’t be happier. You and Harry.”

“Harry and I.” I grinned and Louis chuckled.

Louis let go of my hand as Liam appeared. I grinned at him and he spun me under his arm before returning to a gentle waltz.

“You look beautiful today B.” he smiled and I rested my head on his chest.

“Thank you Li.” I sighed closing my eyes, feeling completely safe.

“I’m so happy for you two B, you’re so perfect together and I know I’ve always tried to stay neutral but I always wanted this for you two.” He grinned and I giggled, “you two are so perfect together.”

Zayn came and cut in taking me from Liam. Liam joined the others back on the stage and Zayn pulled me close.

“Not an epic love story huh?” he grinned down at me and I laughed, “so many lies Monroe.”

“I think you’ll find its Styles.” I smiled happily and he grinned back at me.

“I stand corrected.” He shook his head, “I’m so happy you two finally got down the aisle.”

“Did you ever question it?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Once you didn’t run out on him in Paris when he told you he loved you I knew you two were pretty much set.” He laughed and I shook my head.

“Mind if I cut in?” Niall appeared for the final dance and I grinned as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Oh Niall.” I sighed.

“Happiest day ever.” He grinned and I laughed looking up at him, “it took you long enough.”

“Why do you say that?” I asked.

“I’ve been waiting for this day since he wiped sugar off your cheek.” He chuckled, “I told you that you two were meant to be together.”

“Soul mates.” I nodded glancing over his shoulder as Harry finished the song his eyes locking on mine.

“You are so beautiful,” he smiled softly, “to me.”

Everyone clapped before the DJ started playing music and everyone came onto the dancefloor. Harry was next to me right away and I laughed as he spun me around. I felt a hand on my waist and I turned around to see Nick grinning at me, I threw my arms around me and he laughed holding me close, his hand was cold on my bare back but I just laughed. I felt a tap on my shoulder as soon as Nick released me, I turned to see Ed who pulled me into another hug. Harry and I spent about half an hour hugging various people but never leaving each other’s side. We just danced and drank with everyone, laughing the entire night.

“Ready to go on our honeymoon?” he asked as we danced as Ed sung on the stage.

“Now?” I asked and he nodded, “what about our wedding night?”

“Trust me,” his eyes sparkled, “we’ll still be having our wedding night. It doesn’t take long to get there.”

“Where are we going?” I asked my eyebrows furrowing together.

“Many places Blair.” His smile was infectious and he leant forward kissing me softly.

Harry had been in charge of organizing the honeymoon and I don’t know why I was surprised to find out that he wasn’t going to tell me where we were going. We said our goodbyes and got into the car that was waiting for us, it took us to a private airfield and we got on the plane. It was a private plane and I laughed as I saw a bed had been made.

“We haven’t joined the mile high club yet.” Harry smirked, “you can’t wear your dress whilst we fly anyway.”

“Why not?” I asked as his hands went around my waist.

“You’ll be uncomfortable.” He told me, “and I am all about you being comfortable.”

“Are you now?” I laughed softly as I turned around taking a few steps away from him before slowly taking off my dress leaving me in my suspenders, heels and matching bra.

Harry took off his suit and we closed the short distance kissing each other. We made love for the first time as man and wife in the bed in a plane thousands of miles up in the air. After we had finished I looked out the window curiously and gasped as I saw the lights.

“Paris?” I asked looking at him.

“Do you know another place that has an Effiel Tower?” he teased and I hit him.

“We’re going to Paris on honeymoon?” I grinned and he chuckled.

“No.” he shook his head, “I told you before we’re going loads of places.”

“But Paris tonight?” I asked.

“Where else would we spend the first night of our married life?” he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder, “we should get dressed.”

I nodded and stood up unzipping my travel bag and pulling on the white dress that Jenny had packed for me. I looked up to see Harry smiling as I slid my white heels back on.

“You’re in another dress.” He said and I nodded.

“I am.” I laughed softly picking up the wedding dress from the floor hanging it up on a hanger that was on the side.

“Leave it here, I promise it will be taken back home.” Harry told me hanging it up on a peg.

“You’ve really thought of everything huh?” I laughed softly as he handed me a bunch of daises.

“I promised you the best honeymoon ever.” He told me, “and this next month is really going to deliver.”

“A month long honeymoon?” I gaped and he nodded.

“We have a lot of places to go.” He laughed wrapping his arms around my waist.

“I assume you aren’t going to tell me where we’re going after Paris.” I raised an eyebrow and he laughed softly.

“You’re a mind reader Mrs Styles.” He pressed his lips to me softly.

“What am I thinking right now?” I asked and he bit his lip.

“You want me to take you back to bed.” He smirked and I laughed softly.

“It seems that you are a mind reader too, Mr Styles.” I pressed my lips to his.

He held me gently as he kissed me back, it took my breath away just how amazing it felt to know that Harry really was mine. He was mine forever and I was his. Harry had put it perfectly in his vows, forever suddenly didn’t feel like long enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is incredible cliche so I do apologise but I thought that they deserved the perfect wedding.

Let's take a moment to marvel at the fact this took up 10 pages in word! I was impressed with myself.

I have loved this story so far and I wanted to end it in this way so that if people are bored of the story this is a good place for them to leave it. There will be a sequel for those who still want to read about Harry and Blair. It's a bit different to this story and their previous one but hopefully you'll enjoy it. It's called 'Isn't She Lovely?' and hopefully it's up in the corner if you fancy subsribing. I think I'll probably put the first chapter out tomorrow but it might be later today. I'm very indesisive.

So yea, please let me know what you thought of the epilogue. Maybe you're favourite part of this story?

Peace.Love.ILoveYouGuys