Status: Hiatus

I'll Fight For You

Un

Fuck you first day back at school. Fuck you Rick. Fuck you New Jersey.

The whole day was going to be a major ‘fuck you.’ It was going to be just another shitty day. It was an endless routine. I woke up, made Rick breakfast, did any chores he wrote down for me, then walked to school. After dragging myself from class to class, I would walk home, clean the house, make Rick dinner, then wait in my room for my daily beating and/or rape that I knew would come, but was still always taken by surprise for, before crying myself to sleep.
That was my life. Take it or leave it. Everything wasn’t always this way, though. A couple of years ago everything was better. I lived a happy, healthy life with my mother and stepfather. Everyone loved each other and no one got hurt. That was, until my mother got hit by a drunk driver, killing her on impact.
If it wasn’t hard enough to lose my mother, my stepfather Rick, thought it was my fault.
At first he would just sulk and do nothing, then he turned to alcohol, and from there it just went downhill. I’m practically his personal punching bag. I do whatever he says, whenever he says or I face the consequences.

I groaned and rolled out of bed hesitantly. When I stood, a searing pain ripped through my body.
“Ah fucker.” I hissed.
Rick was more rough then usual last night, and myself being the only person around, took the beating.
I walked into the bathroom attached to my bedroom and turned on the shower before stripping from my clothes. I quickly showered, then blow dried my hair to it’s natural wave. I changed into my clothes, which consisted of skinny jeans, an oversized black sweatshirt, and my grey Vans and applied light make up; mascara, eyeliner and some brown eyeshadow. It was school, I wasn’t going to impress anyone.
When I checked my clock next it was already 7:30 so I grabbed my backpack, my beanie and my phone from its charger and ran downstairs. Usually if I don’t leave by 7:45 I would be late, so I had to hurry.
I checked to see if I had any chores to do, and luckily I had none so I quickly made Rick his bacon, eggs and toast and set it in the microwave for him before running out the door.
I made it to school just as the bell rang, which made me groan loudly and sprint to my locker. Everyone was just leaving their lockers and heading to their homerooms when I arrived so the hallway traffic was a pain in the ass. Soon enough I made it to my locker, opened it and grabbed the books I would need. After slamming it closed, I ran down the almost deserted hallway to my homeroom.
Right as I made it to the class room the door closed. I cursed under my breath and opened it slowly, hoping to sneak it.
“Your late Miss.Mae.” My bitchy teacher snarled at me.

“I know Ma’am, but just let me explain.”
“There is no need. I do not except tardiness, and on the first day back at school? Absolutely not. Go to the office and spend the period there.”
I sighed and rolled my eyes, while making my way back out of the classroom.
I walked down the empty hallway and to the office where I opened the door and sat down on the chairs they had in front of the secretaries desk.
“Lily, surprise to see you here.” The secretary joked. I smiled and shook my head. She was a nice enough lady, old and kind. She reminded me of my grandmother, the only relative I had left.
“You know how I do, Mrs.Mayfield. Always have to make a scene.” I replied jokingly.
She laughed whole-heartedly which warmed me from inside then went back to her work.
Suddenly the office doors opened and a boy about my age walked in. I couldn’t see his face but he was wearing black skinny jeans, a grey v-neck, converse and a beanie much like mine, on top of his head. He had good taste in fashion, thats for sure.
“Hi, my names Brendan Haner, uhh I’m new here.” He said.
His voice was enough to make me melt. It was deep and smooth, but a little husky at the same time. He was nothing like the tools that went to this school.
“Oh yes, of course dear! Let me get you your timetable and your locker information.” Mrs.M replied. She handed him his information before looking around him at me.
“Lily, are you doing anything this period?” She asked, and the boy turned around to see who she was talking to. My breath hitched when I saw his eyes. They were a brownish hazel, and were beautiful. He had a strong jaw and a perfectly proportioned nose.
He smiled at me and I returned it before answering Mrs.M.
“Nope, just sitting here.”
“Oh good, how would you like to give Mr.Haner here a tour of the school. I remember you needed one your first day, I’m sure he would appreciate it.” She said giving me a knowing look.
“It would be my pleasure!” I said and smiled at him. He smiled back and adjusted his backpack on his shoulder.
“Lovely, okay so here is your timetable and locker info. Lily will show you where it is, and I’ll ring your first period teacher to inform her of whats happening. Welcome to New Jersey High!” She said cheerfully.
“Thank you!”
He turned around to face me and I stood up. He was extremely tall. He must be 5’11 at least.
I smiled at him before exiting the office with him in tow.
“So, what brings you to lovely New Jersey?” I joked as we walked down the hallway.
“My mom got a job transfer, I used to live in California.” He said, handing me his locker information.
“Really? Thats awesome! I’ve always wanted to move to Cali, or anywhere. Anywhere but here.” I mumbled the last part, and he looked down at me with a questioning look.
I just smiled at him and turned down another hallway.
“Here we are, locker number 375.” I said when we reached his locker.
“Thanks.”
“No problem.” He smiled at me from over his shoulder and opened his locker with ease.
“So Lily, tell me about yourself.” He said once he closed his locker.
“Well, I’m an average teenager by day and secretly a porn star slash super agent by night! No big deal.” I joked. He laughed and shook his head as we went down another hallway.
“Thats quite the life you live. I don’t think I’ll be able to top that.” He played along.
“Not many people can, its a difficult life to lead.”
He shook his head again and readjusted his backpack.
“But seriously, tell me about yourself. So far your the only friend I have here.” He said shyly.
“Trust me, you don’t want to be friends with the other people at this school. Their all douche bags and plastic whores.”
“Well, then I’m glad I met you.” He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I smiled up at him and continued walking down the empty hallway.
“Okay, well my name is Lily Mae. I’m 16 years old, and I love music. Now you go.”
“All right, uh my name is Brendan Haner, I’m also 16 years old and I too love music. I’m actually in a band.” He said proudly. This made me freak out. Could he get anymore perfect? I stopped walking and faced him with wide eyes.
“Really? Thats fucking awesome! What kind of music do you play?” I asked excitedly.
“Yeah, we play kind of punk rock type music. The rest of my band is back in Huntington though, so technically we’re taking a break till I get back.” He explained.
“Wow, thats awesome. What do you do in the band?”
“I sing and play guitar.”
He did it. He actually just got more perfect.
“Wow. Way to make me feel inferior to you.” I joked.
“Nah, such a pretty girl could never be inferior to me.” I blushed and smiled at that and continued walking.

We continued walking around the school and getting to know each other and too soon the bell for second period rang loudly.
“What class do you have now?” I asked. He looked over his timetable quickly before looking back at me.
“I have music.” I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the music room. I entered the room with him behind me and walked up to Mr.Johnson, the music teacher here.
“Mr.J! I have a new student for you, this is Brendan! Brendan this is Mr.Johnson, he’s really cool. I have to go so I’ll see you at lunch where we agreed to meet, ok?” I said quickly.
“Yeah, see you then!” He said and pulled me into a big hug. The hug was easily the best hug I’ve ever had, besides my mom. When the embrace was over we smiled at each other and I ran out of the music room to make it to my own favorite class; Art.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Brendan and myself spent lunch together outside by the big oak tree I always sit at. We had two classes together, Math and English so we sat beside each other for those, but during the classes we had apart we texted the whole time.
I don’t know how we got so close, so quickly, but I wasn’t complaining. He actually made me feel happy, something I hadn’t felt in an extremely long time. He made me feel alive and like myself. The me I used to be before the accident.
The last bell rang, signaling the end of the day and I quickly stood up and exited the room. I maneuvered my way through the busy hallway and to my locker where I put my books away.
On my way out of the school I saw Brendan by the oak tree we sat at during lunch. He noticed me too and jogged over to me.
“Hey, you!” He said once he reached me. I smiled at him cheekily.
“Hey! So how was your first full day at NJ High?” I asked while walking further out of the school grounds.
“It was good, are you walking home?”
“Yeah, why?”
“I can give you a ride if you want.”
“You don’t have to really, I’ll be fine.” I said stubbornly. Suddenly he was standing right in front of me with his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to look right at him.
“I insist. C’mon.” He said grabbing my hand and leading me to a decent looking black car. He unlocked it and I climbed in, buckling my seat belt.
“Where do you live?”
“Holy, pedophile!” I joked before telling him my address. He sped down the road with Blink 182 playing. Suddenly Dammit came on and I couldn’t help but start singing. It was one of my all time favorite songs. He looked over at me and smiled before he joined in. Soon enough we were both belting the lyrics and dancing around as he drove. Too soon he pulled up into my drive way and shut the ignition off.
“Thanks for the ride, Brendan. See you tomorrow!” I said and leaned over the middle console to hug him. He kissed me cheek after the hug was over, making me blush and I got out of the car and walked into my house with a huge grin on my face.

“Good your home.” A drunk Rick said from the couch. I sighed and made my way towards the stairs.
“Where do you think your going bitch?” He asked and suddenly I was on the floor. He kicked my ribs, making me heave over and cough painfully. He kicked me anywhere he could and suddenly I started seeing stars.
“Its your fault she’s gone! You useless little whore! Why were you even born?” He spat at me, and kicked me harder then ever right in my stomach, and at that I blacked out completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lily: http://www.polyvore.com/lily/set?id=69353941
Sam: http://www.polyvore.com/sam/set?id=69356513
I hope you like this! There isn't much Avenged Sevenfold in it until the later chapters, though they will appear and be mentioned. Please give me your input on this! I Really REALLY love comments! I love to hear what you think!
Xoxo