Status: i'm trying to write every night but i'll only upload if i knoew people are reading

Sleeping With the Hilltop

Tell Me Where Have You Been?

Here we go again, moving house, settling in, unpacking.
Dad got offered a job in San Diego so the rest of the family had to pack up and leave Oregon, our home town. Leaving was easy, I didn't have many friends and those I had will probably forget about me in a month.
I was always that depressed emo kid who sat in the corner with headphones in. I chose music over people any day, music is my passion but i keep that to myself because i sing like a girl. I rap and beatbox fairly well also but you can’t make a living out of that.
San Diego is alright so far I guess. School starts tomorrow; I'm going to some public school that had a space for me only because some kid got sent to juvie. Fucking great. The school looks alright, a simple layout of brick buildings centred around a large open quadrangle. the principal seems like an old hag but aren't they all?
I'm kinda nervous for school; do the kids know I'm starting?
Would they have searched for me on Facebook?
What should I wear?
Skinny jeans, toms and a homemade shirt I think. One of my hobbies is my clothing line. Well, it's not really a 'line' more just my 'homemade whatevers' because that's what they are. If I see a cool shirt or beanie, I might sew or add something extra, maybe even dye it. But I'm not going to take it anywhere; Anthem Made is exclusive to me and me only. Now that I have that sorted out, back to my main problem:
School. What if no one likes me? Oh wait, that's nothing new. At my school in Oregon, I was picked on, kicked, punched, threatened, pushed, everything; because I have a girly voice, am small and like alternative bands and clothes. Don’t get me wrong, I'm not a hipster, nor am I a hipster who claims that they aren’t. I'm just into other stuff. Some of my favourite bands are Of Mice & Men, Mayday Parade and Bring Me The Horizon. I also have a soft spot for Australian hip-hop because they rap about relatable problems and their life stories, some of the lyrics are as deep as any of the heavy stuff I listen to. But because I get seriously teased about my voice, I am a selective mute. Even if I had a better voice, I don’t think I’d use it much’ I mean music just understands, so as long as I am a selective mute, music will be my only close friend.
Fuck, its 2am already and I have to get up early…

The alarm woke me up what felt like five minutes later, Dylan Joel’s ‘D in the Moonlight.’ I grabbed the clothes that I planned the night before, black skinnys and my favourite pair of Toms but I could find a shirt I had finished altering so I just grabbed my You, Me At Six shirt.
When I went downstairs, dad had already left for work and mum was still asleep so I just got some left over pizza from the fridge because that was the only thing I could find in this spacious, new, empty kitchen. Well, apart from a half unpacked box of plates.
School wasn’t too far away, once I chucked my headphones in and got a steady pace, I was there in about ten minutes. Right on time, welcome to hell.
It was obvious that this school, like any other, had groups. I could see that just from walking in the front gate, where I was met by the principal, Mrs Metcalf, along with some other new kids. A pretty looking girl who was busy texting and an average height guy dressed in jeans, a Zoo York shirt and a snapback. He too had his headphones in and was clearly listening to Beastie Boys. Nice. He looked up from his iPod and looked at me out the side of his sunnies and boy did he have the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen, I could look into them forever.
‘Kmmhmm’ that was Mrs Metcalf, making it clear that we had to pay attention to her now. Headphones out and back into the mess that is the real world.
‘ I gather that you three know which homeroom t go to?’ the others said yes and I nodded.
‘Very well then, why don’t you introduce yourselves to each other so you have at least some acquaintances here?’ fuck. Does that mean I have to talk? For the first time in six months? I dodnt even know what my voice sounds like, I hope it has gotten a bit deeper.
‘Okay? Umm, my name is Amy More and I like, moved here from Texas?’ great, one of those girls who always sounds like they are asking questions.
‘Matt Lambert, 'm on exchange from Austra’ya for the year.’ Australia. That explained the Beastie Boys then. And amazing accent. And tan.
They were all looking at me expectantly. Shit, I was still staring at him. Double shit, now I had to introduce myself…
I checked my pockets for paper and a pencil while everyone was still staring at me, Amy had already gotten her phone out again.
good, I had found a little scrap of paper in one pocket and a small pencil in the other, I quickly scribbled:
I’m Kellin Quinn, I'm a selective mute and I moved from Oregon.
Matt was shocked, I could tell by how his head went back a bit, his eyes were no doubt wide behind his sunnies. Fan-fucking-tastic, he thought I was a freak. Amy barely even looked up from her phone when she said, ‘so, umm, you like, can’t talk or something?’
‘Nah mate, not that he can’t, he just doesn’t want to.’ God, Matts accent was incredible!
‘Welcome, Amy, Matt and Kellin. You already know which homeroom you are in so off you go. There is a student in each room assigned to help you around.’