Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

Girls in White Dresses

"I don't know if there's anything sexier than a woman in a white dress," Tyler Kennedy mumbled as he and some Pens sat on the patio of some restaurant drinking.

"Who are we looking at?" James asked, placing his beer back down on the table and looking around them, searching for the girl in white.

"The brunette across the street," Jordan Staal replied, pointing.

James looked across the street and saw the girl the guys were all staring at. One was a blonde and then there was the brunette, who was his type completely.

"Whoa," James mumbled.

"She is cute," Evgeni nodded. "Blonde is better."

"G, are you crazy?" James asked, snapping out his daze. "The brunette is unreal!"

"I don't know what you're seeing, Neal." Jordan laughed. "She's cute, but 'unreal' is pushing it."

James scoffed and rolled his eyes. He thought this girl was beautiful, he didn't care what the guys thought. James would never do anything about it, though. He was better off on his own with the occasional lady-caller. Life was just easier this way. Just hockey, family, friends and occasionally a lady- that was how he liked it.

The girls crossed the street and came over to the restaurant where the guys were. The guys all got up from the patio and moved back into the restaurant to the bar.

"I need food," James mumbled, looking at the menu.

"I need that blonde," Jordan replied.

"Aren't you engaged?" James asked, not removing his eyes from the menu. He was getting really tired of Jordan's wandering eye. He was engaged!

"I'm not married yet," Jordan mumbled, sipping at his beer. Jordan got up from his seat at the bar and walked over to the girl.

James shook his head and continued to look at the menu.

"What can I get you?" The waitress smiled at James.

"Can I get the wings please? Buffalo sauce, medium?" James replied.

"Sure thing,"

James put the menu down and continued to sip at his beer leisurely.

"Is this seat taken?" Came an unfamiliar voice beside him.

James followed the tiny voice and saw the tiny woman who owned it. The girl in the white dress.

"It's yours," James smiled.

"Thank you,"

"I'm James,"

"Sienna,"

"What can I get you, miss?" The waitress smiled at Sienna.

"Can I get the bacon cheeseburger, please?"

"Sure thing, hun."

"Thank you,"

The girl sat beside James in total silence. Her feet jiggling against the bar as she held her hands in her lap.

"Is she your friend?" James asked, nodding his head towards the blonde girl surrounded by his teammates.

"Yeah," Sienna laughed. "That's Gianna, we're coworkers."

"Where do you work?" James asked.

"I work at Brunner Inc. It's a public relations firm," Sienna smiled. "I'm at the bottom of the totem pole, just above the mailroom guys."

"Then it isn't so bad!" James smirked. "You could be the mailroom guy."

"I have been!" Sienna laughed. "I've been that person."

"Moving up in the world! Good for you," James smirked, nodding at the waitress as she handed him his basket of wings.

"Thanks! So what do you do, James?" Sienna asked.

James was a little hurt that she didn't know who she was, but at the same time he was relieved that she didn't know who she was.

"I play hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins," James replied.

"I'm just kidding," She smiled, touching his arm. "I know exactly who you are. It's really great to finally meet you."

"Thanks," James smiled. He was now worried that their conversation would turn into her telling him what a good player was, and act like she knew how he could improve his game.

"Are the fries good here?" Sienna asked, taking him off guard at this change of topic.

"You can try one if you want," James offered, pointing to his basket.

"Thank you," Sienna smiled. "Oh my God! I can't wait to eat these."

"They are pretty awesome," James laughed softly. He quite liked this girl, she was pretty and he found her easy to talk to.

James and Sienna sat and talked together while their friends hit on each other.

"You're fun, James." Sienna smiled. "Can I called you Jay?"

"You can call me that if you'd like," James nodded with a small smile.

"Good," She smiled, putting her hand on his arm very lightly. James shivered a little at her touch, and he hoped that she didn't notice.He didn't want to upset her or weird her out.

"I'd better get going," Sienna sighed softly.

"Do you think I could- uh- do you think," James stuttered. Why was it so hard to ask this girl for her number? He'd been able to ask a girl to do a lot worse and a lot easier.

"What?" She laughed, looking at him.

James shut his eyes, mentally slapping himself. "Do you think I could get your number?" He finally asked.

"I can allow that," She smiled. She grabbed a cocktail napkin and a pen from her purse, she wrote down the number and slid it over to him.

"Are you okay to get home?" James asked, looking at Gianna and seeing her attached to Jordan.

"Yeah," Sienna nodded. "I drove in, so Gianna's going to have to find another way home."

"I don't think that will be too difficult," James smirked. He waved goodbye to Sienna and hoped that she'd call.

...

The next morning Sienna woke up on-time and headed over to work after getting ready.

"Morning," She mumbled to Gianna as she walked passed her to get to her desk. "How was your night?"

"Amazing," Gianna smiled, getting up and walking over to Sienna's desk.

"That's good,"

"How was yours? Jordan said he saw you talking to his friend James," Gianna smiled. "Did you go home with him?"

"No," Sienna sighed. "He asked for my number, but I don't think he'll call me."

"Why not, hun?" Gianna asked, taking a sip from her coffee mug.

"I think he's gay,"
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the first chapter of that new James Neal story I've mentioned. This is the preview of it and I need you all to comment and tell me what you think of it! I'd love to hear what you think of this story and what you think will happen!!