The Missing

Chapter 3

“Jill?”

“Yes Michael?”

“Can we please stop for some ice-cream before we get to Auntie Janie?”

“Umm, yes why not!” a choirs of “YAY!!” erupted from the back of the car.

Jill carried on driving and just before Al’s ice-cream, Jill spotted a car that had broken down and under normal circumstances she would have carried on driving, but this was no ordinary car, it was Stevens car, the love of her life.

Pulling up to the pavement, “now guys give me a minute, that is Steve’s car over there I just want to find out if all is ok.”

“but Jill I thought that we were going to Al’s?”

“Mickie we will I promise, I will only be a minute, promise.”

“Can we come?”, “guys it will be ok I will be right back promise” and with that Jill stepped out of the car and headed over to Steve.

“Hey baby! All ok?”

“Oh hi love, what are the chances of you coming along, I thought you where working late?”

“Well I am, just on my way to the kids aunts place for the evening. What are you doing here any way, aren’t you suppose to be studding?”

“Hey I needed a brake, so I thought that I would get a pizza and some air, and well here I am.”

“can I help?”

“um, yeh… leaning into the engine…can you get me the tool kit from the boot?” Jill turned and headed for the back of the car, the ford was a rather large car and an even bigger boot, opening the boot,

“yup typical, always right at the back.”

Leaning in to reach the tool kit,

“ Steve! why is it all ways what I need is rite at the back?” ,

“because that is where I put it.”

Came the reply from right behind her, then all the lights went out!

Michael was looking out of the back window and giving Peter and Susan a running commentary of the happenings,

“….and now Jill is heading to the back of the car, she now opening the boot, Peter! I can’t see Jill oh no there she is and the other man is now standing behind her…..”

at the mention of the other man both Peter and Susan turned around to see what Michael was on about. With all three’s attention now focused on the happenings behind them they did not realize till it was to late, that some one had gotten into the drivers seat. Is was about the same time when the stranger had closed the boot the reveal that Jill was there no longer, when the car door closed.

“Now please don’t scream, or you will force me to tie you up and gag you. I want a nice quiet ride and if you behave no one will get hurt. Is that understood?”

“Where is Jill? What have you done to her?”

“Little girl! I would be more concerned about your self and the well fair of your brothers at this particular moment in time.”

“You have not hurt her, have you?”

“no, not yet.”

“Not yet? What do you mean by that?”

“Well if the young lady cooperates there will be no need for her to be harmed, so it is really up to her, now isn’t it? Now quiet before I get my partner here to tie you all up.”

With that said the stranger from the back of the car had gotten in on the passengers side. Michael turned to look at the car behind them, in time to see Steve get behind the wheel of the ford and start her up. Evidently there was nothing wrong with the car after all. The three kids sat in the back seat all quiet they where coming up to Al’s ice-cream.

“Excuse me Miser, Jill was going to buy us some ice cream and seeing as Jill is not here, are you going to get us our ice cream?”

“Yeh sure what flavor do you want?”

“Well I like chocolate and Susan likes vanilla and Peter likes choc chip.”

“Ok then so it is one chocolate, one vanilla and a choc chip.”
They never stopped at Al’s,

“Mister, you miss the turn.” all that Michael got in reply was laughter.

They drove for what seemed a long time. They had headed out of town and towards the forest that is about a two hour drive out of town. When they finally stopped is had been dark for some time already and Michael had fallen asleep some time ago.

The drive had changed from a smooth drive to a rather bumpy ride, signifying that they had turned off the tarred road and where heading into the forest. They to a top in front of what seemed to be an old house, well tendered and in good shape, as if some one lived there. But who would have lived in the middle of the forest?

“Rite every one out and don’t try to be smart and make a run for it. The forest is full of creatures that would have you for a snack.” and just to emphasize that fact a wolf howled and it sounded a little too close for comfort.

Susan stepped a little closer to Peter, who was caring the sleeping form of Michael. They where lead into the house, where the children had to squint to the bright light in the house.

“here! In to this room, you will find that all the windows have been barred so escape will not be possible. So enjoy, make your selves at home, you may be here for some time.”

Closing the door behind him. The last thing they heard was the clicking of the key as the door was locked.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so if you really need to read chapetr 4, PLEASE let me know!!