‹ Prequel: The Past Is Behind Us
Status: On hiatus

We'll Fight Through

The Cell Phone

|Cassidy|

There was a knock on the door, ruining the moment.

“Uh, guys you need to come to Shadows' office. It's important.” Johnny Seward's voice floated through.

Yes, I get some sort of gratification knowing their names.

“Okay.” Zack responded, standing up then offering me his hand, I took it and felt heat run down my arm then settle in my stomach where it flipped around. He helped me to my feet and laced our fingers, we left the room and headed down the hall to Shadows' office. If we need to come in here shit's gonna get serious.

What now?!

I pushed the door open and we entered to see all the guys sitting around looking distressed. Shadows, not Matt, sat behind the desk with his fingers folded under his chin.

Zack and I sat on the spare couch.

“Found this,” Shadows tossed a disposable flip phone onto the coffee table. “In Gena's top.”

“Seems she was texting someone about us. Our defenses, each of our individual weaknesses, the layout of our base, our daily routines...everything she could know. Except our names of course.”

Fuck.

“I knew she had a cell phone, I should have gone through it or something. God I'm so fucking stupid!” Zack clenched his fists after letting go of my hand.

“No you're not. You were able to respect her privacy, that's a good moral thing.” I assured him.

“No Saraphina, it was incredibly stupid.”

I snapped up to glare at Shadows, Zack looked up too.

“Well he should have suspected something. The few times he wasn't in her he should have thought to check it out.”

That stung, but I got pissed. I jumped to my feet stomped over to him then, leaned over the desk to get in his face.

“How could you say that?! He's your friend and he had a moment of being trapped! What the fuck is wrong with you?!” I seethed.

“Zack, get your woman before she ends up with a nice new bruise.” he said through clenched teeth. This bastard just said he was gonna hit me!

Nonetheless, Zack grabbed my arm and pulled me back to my seat.

“He's Shadows, not Matt. He's not bluffing.” he whispered in my ear.

I continued to glare, and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Who do you think she was texting?” Jimmy asked.

“Well, if you'll recall Nightmare's birthday party,” I blushed, remembering that encounter Zack and I had. From the smirk he gave me I think he did too. “Pierce the Veil seemed to have an unhealthy attraction to her. I don't think you all realize what's going to begin. I wasn't fucking around when I said Gena had friends in high places. Now that she's dead when word gets out, and I'm sure it will when they stop getting info from her, I think we're going to have a war on our hands.”

A WHAT.

“You can't be serious!” Brian gasped.

“Absolutely. Gena has friends, who have friends and their going to come against us. Time to call up old friends guys. We'll need the help. I don't know when, but sometime they'll come. Everyone needs to know. But use the untappable phones so they can't listen in. Christ speak to Green Day and Escape the Fate. Gates: My Chemical Romance and Black Veil Brides. Rev: Tokio Hotel, All Time low and Panic! At The Disco. Vengeance...just...go...do...something. Get out.” Shadows barked.

We all rushed out of the room. The guys all flew in different directions without a word.

This is all my fault. If I had dealt with my feelings another way, Gena would be alive and no one would have to risk their lives for me. People are going to die and it's all my fault. Had I just sucked it up and been mature none of this would have happened!

I noticed my vision cloud over with tears that threatened to fall.

“Cass, talk to me.”

I looked up at my boyfriend through my blurry eyes.

“It's all my fault. If I hadn't killed Gena none of this would have happened. People might die because of me.” I cried.

“If you hadn't killed Gena she'd still be abusing me.” his eyes softened. “I'll show you what she's done.” he took my hand and we went to his room, he closed the door and turned to look at me.

He took off his shirt and his pants, around his tattoos I could see what he meant. His torso and arms were dotted with bruises, a few cigarette burns littered his legs, a few scabs from what looked like she hit him with something that shattered. I looked over to see one bedside lamp was missing.

“Oh Zacky!” I ran over to him and hugged him tightly, but carefully so I wouldn't hurt him.

“No matter what, and no matter how selfish it sounds I'm glad you killed her. I'm free now darling, and I'm yours again.” his voice was soft, and tight. He sounded close to tears himself. “T-the burns will scar.” he told me.

“That's okay, I don't care what you look like. The past his behind you and it's over. You're still my Zacky, and you still mean the world to me.” I looked up at him, seeing his beautiful eyes glitter with tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! Feel free to check out the half assed character page! Notice in Cassidy's picture she still has the pink! Remember she is potrayed by the beautiful Avril Lavigne.

If you haven't already, check out this blog of mine it's important!

Thoughts on this plot twist? Hopes for this story? Excited? or Meh?

Also I'm already thinking of a sequel to this, so I'm not sure how long it will be. Did you notice Four More Days had 22 chapters, and The Past is Behind Us had 48? Wow right?

Oh wow, I'm rambeling now. Sorry xD