Status: For Robin 'The Sidekick'

The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Chapter 3

The next day I slowly walked to school keeping my head down ignoring my other world trying to get in. I couldn’t get lost in it. Not right now. I had to go to school and if my was late again my parents would be pissed and it wasn’t good for me when they were pissed.

I walked onto the school yard and stood awkwardly by myself, not wanting to go into the prison yet. I just watched the other teens stand around with their friends and have lives. Suddenly I was scoped up and twirled around, I squealed in fear and was set down. I heard laughter and whirled around to find a smiling Jimmy.

I could never be mad at him. I smiled and we embraced in a hug. I looked behind him and gave a half wave to his friends; Matt and his girlfriend Val, Johnny, Brian, and Zacky.

Matt had a buzz cut and dimples in his chin and cheeks. Val had bleached blond hair and soft features, she was pretty nice. Brian had a sharp chin and high cheek bones with longish hair that stuck up everywhere, he could be a model. Zacky had a round face and muscular arms from baseball and bright green eyes. Johnny was short, still taller than me with a black Mohawk and nose ring.

They waved back to me. They didn’t like me, I could feel it. I was an odd entity in there atmosphere.

Jimmy opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by a squealing girl launching herself onto him. A small girl jumped and placed her legs around his waist, his hands held her up. She had short wavy brown hair and bright blue eyes. Her face was round and smooth. She was pretty.

“Hey Babe,” he smiled.

Everyone mumbled polite “hey’s” and I followed suite. She seemed to notice us there and looked around at us. She looked at me last and her face changed. Before I could stop it her round face became wider, her cute button nose flattened and her light skin turned a sickly grey. The troll hissed at me and let go of James and was now coming towards me. She towered over me and I screamed. The creature looked confused before fading away.

Suddenly I was back in the school yard in front of Jimmy. He was still holding his girlfriend and they were surrounded by his friends. The only difference was now they were all looking at me in shock and confusion.

“You alright?” Jimmy asked with concern.

“Yeah I-I’m sorry, um,” my face burned and I rushed off in embarrassment.

“What’s wrong with her?” I heard Rachel mutter.

“No one knows,” Brian cracked.

They laughed thinking I couldn’t hear and I disappeared into the prison.

Jimmy’s POV
“Why do you hang out with her?” Rachel asked and I immediately let her go. She nearly fell but caught herself and glared at me.

“I like her,” was all I said before glaring at my friends and walking away.

I was getting bored of her. I went into the school and looked for Lilura. I found her sitting in front of her locker with her head in her hands.

“Lil?” I called before sitting next to her. I hoped she didn’t hear the remarks my friends had made. “What happened?”

I heard her take a deep breath and wipe her eyes before looking at me with a forced smile. She was crying.

“I saw a troll,” she explained.

I loved how her mind worked but it was also the biggest problem I had with her. I loved how she lived in her own world but she needed to live in this one; with me. I just smiled in understanding and pulled her towards me,

“I’m thinking of breaking up with Rachel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I’ve got you… under my skin!
I had this written out on paper a while ago but didn’t have time to type it out sorry… Work, school, homework, sleeping, and eating takes up a lot of time.
-Neche