Enchantment

Cato

Magnus was the only man or creature that Cato feared. Give him dragons or griffins any day. Stick Cato in the middle of nowhere and make him battle the deadliest of the monsters. It wouldn't phase him, Cato is the type to stare death in it's eyes and insult it. Nothing scared him, but his father.

Cato was planned and created to be the best of the best. His own conception was on the grave of his own grandfather, the most powerful man of his time. Like how Magnus is now. Nothing changed Magnus' mind about Cato and his future. Magnus knew he was too old to be the king of the Magik Kingdom. Being Grand Wizard gave him full authority of anyone with magikal abilities in the kingdom. But he wanted more. Ruling the Magik was one thing but mortals were better.

Mortals were more susceptible to magik. They could be properly ruled and controlled. And they couldn't live as long so they wouldn't fight back without wasting their one lifetime. Cato was brought up in that world, with the logic of the magik was the best species.

Cato's mother gave her life bringing him in the world. Magnus never tell Cato her name or who she was. All he knew was she was down the line from the throne and he has her eyes. Cato was taught not to care about it, or anything other than himself. Magnus made sure of that.

For twenty-two years Cato lived the spoiled life. He laid with a different woman every time he grew bored of the last. His stomach was filled with the finest food and wine and he was waited on twenty-four hours a day. Magnus made Cato compete in every competition in their kingdom. He was the fastest runner, strongest man and most powerful for is age. Cato was a legend like his father and grandfather before him. His life was already planned out.

He would marry higher is status and his children would be even closer to achieving the title of ruler. Cato was already forth in line, his time to rule would be a long time. Especially when the second in line was about to wed and have children of own. Those children would make Magnus's and Cato's dream chatter.

So they devised a plan. Scarlett was the only obtainable woman of higher status in all the kingdoms. She was heiress to the mortal throne. Her parents were older, already in their middle age of mortals. Cato knew she would be the perfect choice. Magnus persuaded him and even forced him at some points, to obtain her attention. Magnus seemed to want their matrimony more than Cato himself, who was quite comfortable with his own lifestyle.

So Magnus devises a plan. A plan that can destroy Gaia and all her creatures.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah this is now a story by two writers! Please tell me what you think.

-Megg